College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

They have the old yellow CBS SPORTS banner hanging on the field wall. havent seen that in awhile. pretty cool

Then you must not watch the SEC on CBS each week, because they've used those banners at every broadcast this year, except the SEC Championship.

never noticed. did they recently bring it back? or have they just always used it and i just dont see it anymore

They've used it for SEC games as long as I can remember. We have to post security at them during games because they're so frequently stolen.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have the old yellow CBS SPORTS banner hanging on the field wall. havent seen that in awhile. pretty cool

Then you must not watch the SEC on CBS each week, because they've used those banners at every broadcast this year, except the SEC Championship.

never noticed. did they recently bring it back? or have they just always used it and i just dont see it anymore

They've used it for SEC games as long as I can remember. We have to post security at them during games because they're so frequently stolen.

I can see that. Field rushing has made a huge comeback in the college game. wouldn't be hard for it to be snatched in all the mayhem

As intricate as the Navy helmets are they never really stood out during the game play. Army's were easy to identify what was what during the game. I think Navy would have been better off using a darker blue on the sleeve caps instead of grey. I also liked Army's helmet stripe idea. But using a term for the infantry instead of something from the school was a minor fail. I also think this was the first game in a while that didn't look like throwback 1940's football. I haven't seen Army throw that much in a while.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So this Tweet had me thinking... What if the uniforms that we saw on display at Nike were the templates of the new uniforms that Oregon will wear in the Alamo bowl? It would explain how they leaked on eBay since they're not the official uniform. I don't know, maybe I'm being hopeful for something not so plain looking. I'd like to see those practice pants that came out in October used in game action. They're cut from the new template, and that may be Oregon's new wing pattern?

Just hopeful Friday night boredom thinking. I'm sure they'll look much better in game than those awkward displays.

I think those are what they'll wear during the game. I just hope they have more Oregon-specific touches to the jerseys and pants and get new helmets next season since the ones displayed so far look really underdesigned and sterile, especially for Oregon.

I've never liked a single concept with wings on pants but the stripes on those look great, would love to see that on a uniform. The lowe back wings, not so much, but that could be a base for a cool set.

They need to get rid of the baby wing helmets from this yr. Nothing good about them. They could update last yrs winged helmets with that wing pattern from the aformentioned pants and that could make for a good set imo. May have to do a concept based on that.

Did anybody share this yet?

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-vapor-untouchable-performance-system

New Oregon uniforms

Plus Nike said they designed specifically to reduce sweat boxes.

Yes. Brandon Moore even posted mockups 3 pages back for Air Force and Washington Redskins.

Speaking of, has anyone developed a uniform template for the new uniforms yet? Not an action/player mock up, but just the uniform layout?

New Oregon uniforms

Yes. Brandon Moore even posted mockups 3 pages back for Air Force and Washington Redskins.

Speaking of, has anyone developed a uniform template for the new uniforms yet? Not an action/player mock up, but just the uniform layout?

I haven't posted it yet, but I have been working on this one. Overall, it is a very straight forward and simple template, only thing that took some time is the mesh panels.

2vbok60.png

New Oregon uniforms

I haven't posted it yet, but I have been working on this one. Overall, it is a very straight forward and simple template, only thing that took some time is the mesh panels.

2vbok60.png

So y'all really do think the SEC is the NFL, huh?

(kidding, of course)

New Oregon uniforms

2vbok60.png

Nice work.

Although, I gotta say, all the seems, segments, and panels that were on the previous Nike Templates definitely make the uniforms look cooler, stronger, and more like combat uniforms than football uniforms. That's a gripe with Nike... not your template... your template looks great.

New Oregon uniforms

2vbok60.png

So y'all really do think the SEC is the NFL, huh?

(kidding, of course)

Haha, that's my oversight with the NFL shield on the pants. I was mostly playing around with the new template and forgot about that part.

Archived