College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I don't know about that Utah uniform set. I just don't like it at all. I don't know why UnderArmor gets a free pass for that set.

They aren't UA's best work, but I'll take those anyday over the cheap iron-on junk Adidas is producing.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nebraska will be the home team for the Foster Farms Bowl. Not sure if UCLA will go White-Gold or all-White, but unless they decide to pull out some crazy alternate, it should be a nice, classic-looking game.

nebraska.jpgMylesJack1_0.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't know about that Utah uniform set. I just don't like it at all. I don't know why UnderArmor gets a free pass for that set.

They aren't UA's best work, but I'll take those anyday over the cheap iron-on junk Adidas is producing.

I mean he's right. Those helmets are awful. The uniforms are mediocre. And nobody says anything because it's not adidas. Any time any uniform manufacturer that isn't adidas makes a bad uniform everyone says "at least it's not adidas" as if like adidas being bad somehow makes it ok. Notre Dame's one offs were atrocious but nobody cared because it wasn't adidas. There's a really clear herd mentality here that way too few people are picking up on.

Nebraska will be the home team for the Foster Farms Bowl. Not sure if UCLA will go White-Gold or all-White, but unless they decide to pull out some crazy alternate, it should be a nice, classic-looking game.

nebraska.jpgMylesJack1_0.jpg

That's not their away uniform this year. If it was I could agree with you.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Why is Nebraska the home team? Ucla is ranked and has better record so shouldn't they be home?

Most non-NY6 bowls that have 2 conference tie-ins rotate every year which conference is the home team.

Why is Nebraska the home team? Ucla is ranked and has better record so shouldn't they be home?

Most non-NY6 bowls that have 2 conference tie-ins rotate every year which conference is the home team.

Correct. And does it really matter that much? Bowls are almost always played on a neutral field unless you get those rare scenarios where UCLA plays in the Rose Bowl or Boise State gets into the Idaho Potato Bowl and essentially gets a home game.

5-7 Bowl teams should be forced to wear pastel unis.

Can't say I disagree with your sentiment about 5-7 teams, however I see this as more of an NCAA/ESPN problem rather than the schools that go to these bowls. When you create FORTY bowl games, there are pretty decent changes you may not have EIGHTY teams at 6-6 or better. But since the CFB Money Machine demands more bowls, I'm happy for my team to attend. Somebody's got to fill that spot and after a lackluster season with a newbie coach, I'm grateful for the chance to get an extra month of practice and an exhibition against quality Power 5 competition.

Because the NCAA awards bowl berths to sub-0.500 teams based on student athlete graduation rates, I'm also thrilled that NU takes athlete academics seriously. We're currently ninth in all FBS for student athlete graduation rate and that includes private schools like Stanford or Northwestern (we're third among all public universities). I'm sure somebody will make a wise-ass comment about perceived low academic standards, but I couldn't be prouder that if my team struggles on the field, our focus on the student-athlete still puts us in a place to compete. After all, that's what the scholarship contract is supposed to be about right? Come play your heart out on our turf and we'll reward you with learning and education to better yourself. With all the scandals and backroom deals that happen in college athletics, it's nice to know there are still a few moments when the system works like it should.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

As an older guy, I am a big fan of the bowl system, but yes, there are a few too many. I do like "low-end" bowls, going the local New Mexico Bowl for the tenth year in a row. I am glad the NCAA awarded the final bowl slots to only the top 5-7 academic performing schools - Nebraska can be proud of that. I just wish the 5-7 teams would have had to accept the lowest tier bowl slots - after all the 6-6 teams had been placed. That would have avoided silly matchups like conference Nevada-Colorado State in the new (probably unnecessary) Arizona Bowl.

Good Luck in the bowl - Mike Riley is a good coach. Still like to see the 5-7 teams be mandatory road teams and wear white (or pastels).

I mean he's right. Those helmets are awful. The uniforms are mediocre. And nobody says anything because it's not adidas. Any time any uniform manufacturer that isn't adidas makes a bad uniform everyone says "at least it's not adidas" as if like adidas being bad somehow makes it ok. Notre Dame's one offs were atrocious but nobody cared because it wasn't adidas. There's a really clear herd mentality here that way too few people are picking up on.

We've discussed it multiple times here - Under Armour has gotten a lot better with their designs, and adidas has gone off the wall crazy with their stupid template choices. adidas looks cheap every time their teams step foot on the field.

Also, the helmets aren't an Under Armour design. That is solely on the Utah Equipment team. So if you wan't to blame someone for those, there you go

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I think we miss the definition if "template" on here a lot.. Template refers specifically to the pattern with which the jersey is constructed - essentially the placement of the seams and material choices... All the artwork, numbers, striping, etc are just decoration/embellishments... Adidas HAS definitely gone off the deep end in that department though.. Their techfit templates have been solid, as long as the schools avoid the shockweb material

As an older guy, I am a big fan of the bowl system, but yes, there are a few too many. I do like "low-end" bowls, going the local New Mexico Bowl for the tenth year in a row. I am glad the NCAA awarded the final bowl slots to only the top 5-7 academic performing schools - Nebraska can be proud of that. I just wish the 5-7 teams would have had to accept the lowest tier bowl slots - after all the 6-6 teams had been placed. That would have avoided silly matchups like conference Nevada-Colorado State in the new (probably unnecessary) Arizona Bowl.

Good Luck in the bowl - Mike Riley is a good coach. Still like to see the 5-7 teams be mandatory road teams and wear white (or pastels).

Truthfully, I'm not crazy about 5-7 bowl games either. I'm old school like you and feel like we should probably have about 10-12 bowl games like there used to be. Actually, on one hand I don't mind the idea of more exhibition games (more football!), but I wish there was more distinction between what is essentially a "real" bowl game. With the way the new playoff model is unfolding, I'm hoping that those six bowl (and maybe 8 or 10 if the bracket expands) come to be viewed as sort of the benchmark for a successful year.

UyDgMWP.jpg

I'm starting to believe you work for Adidas as you take up for them all the time. Are you a Adidas fan boy or employee?

spacer.png

Truthfully, I'm not crazy about 5-7 bowl games either. I'm old school like you and feel like we should probably have about 10-12 bowl games like there used to be. Actually, on one hand I don't mind the idea of more exhibition games (more football!), but I wish there was more distinction between what is essentially a "real" bowl game. With the way the new playoff model is unfolding, I'm hoping that those six bowl (and maybe 8 or 10 if the bracket expands) come to be viewed as sort of the benchmark for a successful year.

My ideal system would be an 8-team playoff and 10 bowl games. That means that the top 28 teams are left standing at the end of the year, giving great quality football to all of the bowl games.

My ideal system would be an 8-team playoff and 10 bowl games. That means that the top 28 teams are left standing at the end of the year, giving great quality football to all of the bowl games.

It's an interesting debate, for sure. From the media perspective, what makes more money? A single bowl with Alabama v. Oklahoma? Or TWO bowls with Alabama v. Boston College and Oklahoma v. Wisconsin?

UyDgMWP.jpg

So this Tweet had me thinking... What if the uniforms that we saw on display at Nike were the templates of the new uniforms that Oregon will wear in the Alamo bowl? It would explain how they leaked on eBay since they're not the official uniform. I don't know, maybe I'm being hopeful for something not so plain looking. I'd like to see those practice pants that came out in October used in game action. They're cut from the new template, and that may be Oregon's new wing pattern?

Just hopeful Friday night boredom thinking. I'm sure they'll look much better in game than those awkward displays.

I think those are what they'll wear during the game. I just hope they have more Oregon-specific touches to the jerseys and pants and get new helmets next season since the ones displayed so far look really underdesigned and sterile, especially for Oregon.

I've never liked a single concept with wings on pants but the stripes on those look great, would love to see that on a uniform. The lowe back wings, not so much, but that could be a base for a cool set.

They need to get rid of the baby wing helmets from this yr. Nothing good about them. They could update last yrs winged helmets with that wing pattern from the aformentioned pants and that could make for a good set imo. May have to do a concept based on that.

As someone mentioned earlier, Oregons new number font appears to be atrocious. It looks like a font a smaller manufacturer would come up with to rook similar to Oregons.

Anyway, here's a title mockup based on their pregame gear.

*PS, sorry for reposting the new template, I've been having trouble with the mobile version, missed some pages.

FEF252A7-21AA-4768-82BE-09CAF106D5FD.jpg

If they based their new uniforms off those pre-game warm-up and looked like that mock-up, it'd look a whole lot better than what they actually released. I'm really hoping the ones they're using for the Alamo Bowl are not the final product and just temporary fillers until next season.

Archived