College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Had a recruit commit today and he was holding this helmet, i pray it never sees the field and is just a concept

Capture.0.0.PNG

Agreed. I don't think Cal's secondary bear logo looks all that great on a helmet and the lack of yellow makes the helmet stand out like a sore thumb from the rest of any possible uniform combination.

Cal's jersey would look better if the collar wasn't yellow and the pants they have now would have no stripes. Here is a mockup!

gTFQuFO.png

CNgpNSk.png

That would be a significant upgrade. I think even a gold "Cal" on the collar (with a full navy collar) would improve it more. The collar on the current uniform is just terrible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this was already posted but I used the search and didn't see anything. The NCAA has revised its facemask policy for this upcoming season and has banned "overbuilt" facemasks apparently. Interesting since some of the ones banned seemed to be pretty popular and not hurting the game. Example on a WYO player.

So these are allowed:

CB_dKoqUkAAbq1V.jpg

These are not:

CB_dKo1UoAEeqnM.jpg

Bottom left of the disallowed has literally 1 additional horizontal bar than the one I wore in HS almost 20 years ago...otherwise it's exactly the same.

I get restrictions but a few of those are pretty harsh.

zJdiUn4.jpg

Purdue hops on the anthracite band$wagon.

No gold on the pants or jersey. Hooray for school colors! :rolleyes:

Why is it that teams/schools that have traditionally had black in their color scheme choose to add grey/anthracite? Guess blacks not cool enough.

Here's my mock-up for those wondering what a little restraint could have looked like for TCU.

TCU1.png

That woulda been perfect or even just using it for cuff and collar trim if they wanted to change it up a bit more. But as is they overdid it. Really disappointing.

zJdiUn4.jpg

Purdue hops on the anthracite band$wagon.

No gold on the pants or jersey. Hooray for school colors! :rolleyes:

Why is it that teams/schools that have traditionally had black in their color scheme choose to add grey/anthracite? Guess blacks not cool enough.

I actually like that track design on the helmet

Still can't get over how awful this striped helmet is for Boise. I know we've seen it already but this just keeps confirming how bad it's going to look. Oversized B logo with stripes clashes with everything. I think they should stick with the horse head. It makes for a great and recognizable identity.

CCWAk5nUsAA-9jv.jpg

Still can't get over how awful this striped helmet is for Boise. I know we've seen it already but this just keeps confirming how bad it's going to look. Oversized B logo with stripes clashes with everything. I think they should stick with the horse head. It makes for a great and recognizable identity.

CCWAk5nUsAA-9jv.jpg

I don't like it either... it looks cheap and catalog-ordered. Hopefully it's just a prototype that won't see the field.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

CCWAk5nUsAA-9jv.jpg

The problems with BSU's uniforms are bigger than just their striped helmet. There is just no continuity to their uniforms, with number gradients, jersey templates, and neck piping appearing randomly to form a jumbled mess of an identity.

Archived