College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I think its about time South Cack invested in a full-on brand identity overhaul.....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see those as being legitimate. There's no way UA would put us in something as basic as that. It doesn't even have Carolina's custom font, 'Machine' anywhere on it.

Why would they be receiving new uniforms for 2015 since their last set is brand new?

spacer.png

IIRC, the only major remaining Destoryer teams are: Stanford, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Penn State.

That said, I feel like I always forget one or two.

Iowa State also uses the old fabric style Nike jerseys. But I also heard rumors they are getting uniforms for the upcoming season. Guess we will find out soon enough.

TCU likely to debut a new set of uniforms.

I'd be completely happy with the Iowa State/Peach Bowl Uni being their primary home set going forward.

The white helmet sans stripe is hands down their best look.

And this was the TCU look during the late 1970s thru the late 80s

The Flying T, looked a lot like FWPD cruisers as well.

121682909.jpg

That's a helmet that brings back too many BAD memories for Frog fans and alumni...

No, the silver one brings back bad memories... this will always remind me of Jim Wacker, and the finally relevant Frogs of 83-84.

Kenneth Davis, David Davis, and that group were fantastic, er Unbelievable! First bowl game in god knows how many years, a huge game at home versus Texas, and beating Arkansas for the first time in like 22 years. I still love this helmet.

IIRC, the only major remaining Destoryer teams are: Stanford, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Penn State.

Iowa State also uses the old fabric style Nike jerseys. But I also heard rumors they are getting uniforms for the upcoming season. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Hope so. Those Steelers rip-offs are bad. There's so much they could do there and they use an NFL team's uniforms.

Hope so. Those Steelers rip-offs are bad. There's so much they could do there and they use an NFL team's uniforms.

Iowa STATE, not Iowa.

Iowa STATE, not Iowa.

Whoops, meant Iowa STATE's USC rip-off

I'd be completely happy with the Iowa State/Peach Bowl Uni being their primary home set going forward.

121682909.jpg

Did Nike use this logo as influence for the Frogs number font? That font is the only thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me in association with their identity. Until I saw this helmet.

Iowa STATE, not Iowa.

Well that's not true either. Iowa State wears LSU style jerseys, just with USC's colors.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

They were delayed until this year since they couldn't get the uniforms right.

Jimbo hates alternates. The players apparently had to talk him into wearing white pants for OK State. Wouldn't be surprised if they're not worn at all while Jimbo's there.

Unrelated, but Duke will be returning to the Colts-style uniforms next year, presumably with the updated Ole Miss/LSU stripes/template.

I didn't mind the white pants. Bowden would go white on white or white on garnet from time to time and it looked good.

I'm still upset they got new uniforms to begin with. They pulled a Rams and won a championship then decided to change uniforms for no reason. I guess Jimbo didn't have enough control to put a stop to that or he probably he would have.

Their unis are more tame than most nike designs, so I can live with them and I'm glad they fixed/told nike to :censored: off rather quickly on things like gold numbers on the white jerseys, matte helmets, purple looking facemask and another thing or two I'm forgetting, but still the previous set was perfection.

I also hate that the numbers are gold instead of white outlined in gold on home jerseys. The gold numbers give off a Boston College feel.

The garnet pants on the road was my favorite look for them by a nautical mile. And the rumor around here (meaning Tallahassee, not this board) is that they're going to switch to white numbers next year. I've only heard it around town...not substantiated anywhere.

Iowa STATE, not Iowa.

Well that's not true either. Iowa State wears LSU style jerseys, just with USC's colors.

Except for the logo and the shoulders, Iowa State is just about identical to USC.

121682909.jpg

That's a helmet that brings back too many BAD memories for Frog fans and alumni...

No, the silver one brings back bad memories... this will always remind me of Jim Wacker, and the finally relevant Frogs of 83-84.

Kenneth Davis, David Davis, and that group were fantastic, er Unbelievable! First bowl game in god knows how many years, a huge game at home versus Texas, and beating Arkansas for the first time in like 22 years. I still love this helmet.

Yes, these too.

tcu1997.jpg

But the Jim Wacker era isn't something to reminisce about, either. Just 2 winning seasons and one bowl game (that we lost) is pretty forgettable, especially compared to what we've had the last decade and a half.

The helmet is ok, for 1984.

If anything, I'd prefer a slightly updated frog with the logo we have now, but really don't want ANY change, to be honest.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

121682909.jpg

Did Nike use this logo as influence for the Frogs number font? That font is the only thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me in association with their identity. Until I saw this helmet.
They simply adopted the Pro Combat numbers from their first alternate and modified it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They were delayed until this year since they couldn't get the uniforms right.

Jimbo hates alternates. The players apparently had to talk him into wearing white pants for OK State. Wouldn't be surprised if they're not worn at all while Jimbo's there.

Unrelated, but Duke will be returning to the Colts-style uniforms next year, presumably with the updated Ole Miss/LSU stripes/template.

I didn't mind the white pants. Bowden would go white on white or white on garnet from time to time and it looked good.

I'm still upset they got new uniforms to begin with. They pulled a Rams and won a championship then decided to change uniforms for no reason. I guess Jimbo didn't have enough control to put a stop to that or he probably he would have.

Their unis are more tame than most nike designs, so I can live with them and I'm glad they fixed/told nike to :censored: off rather quickly on things like gold numbers on the white jerseys, matte helmets, purple looking facemask and another thing or two I'm forgetting, but still the previous set was perfection.

I also hate that the numbers are gold instead of white outlined in gold on home jerseys. The gold numbers give off a Boston College feel.

The garnet pants on the road was my favorite look for them by a nautical mile. And the rumor around here (meaning Tallahassee, not this board) is that they're going to switch to white numbers next year. I've only heard it around town...not substantiated anywhere.

So basically stripping every nike change one element at a time? So far we've seen the following reverted back to the previous version:

• gold mask back to garnet then reworked further
  • gold helmet reverted to old shade
  • gold road numbers reverted to garnet
  • gold home numbers possibly changing to white?

Will we see them drop the sleeve print next? Possibly revert back to the old spear? One thing they should keep are white pants (been around since the 80's I think) for the occasional road game and garnet pants have a history as well.

This is one of those redesigns that nike just had to force and change for the sake of change upon a fan base that wanted none of it. I do like the new pattern but as they did in the past incremental changes with the noles' look is probably the best way to make changes.

And for those who complain about changing after a championship it's kind of difficult to scrap a redesign that takes around 2 years to develop just because your team wins big.

Word is that Montana might wear this for one game to honor the 20th anniversary of the '95 National Champs.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/helenair.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/05/705abe46-c90a-5efd-bb3c-9cff2fc1f88b/705abe46-c90a-5efd-bb3c-9cff2fc1f88b.image.jpg

Also, Montana is the next college football game in 2015 (against NDSU bison) on ESPN

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Archived