College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Watching a replay of the FSU spring game and they've updates their garnet set to the Mach Speed template, just like their updated white unis. I'm glad they did this as it bugged me they had two different templates for the same design. Also looks like some players are wearing the old pants (Before the away jersey number color switch) and some wearing the new ones (Mach Speed template). I'm sure the pants deal is just a spring game thing.

e6aws7.jpg

21d51kj.jpg

I honestly hate the Mach Speed truncated collar... it just looks like crap.

There are two different versions of it , from what i can tell. Army's looks noticably different from the ones that were worn last year by Bama, OSU, Oregon, FSU, etc

CChFWu3UgAAjsZO.jpg

This one doesnt have the weird lines above the logo and fits it in there perfectly. FSU and the other schools should look to do something similar

They're the same, Army simply doesn't have theirs colored differently.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They aren't the same, though. Compare it to the original Mach Speed version. There's a gentle slope to the collar which goes straight into the chest seams. On the newer version, the collar seams are straight and it actually comes to a point where there is a new horizontal seam. This implies the bottom triangle of the collar can now be colored to provide a full collar.

oregon-mach-speed4.jpg

FSU and Army are the newer cut, Oregon is the only one with the neck displayed the way you've shown. At least I believe so. I think the pad levels determine how it sits as well. Oregon's is high off the shoulders while Army looks like it's sitting pretty low.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

FSU and Army are the newer cut, Oregon is the only one with the neck displayed the way you've shown. At least I believe so. I think the pad levels determine how it sits as well. Oregon's is high off the shoulders while Army looks like it's sitting pretty low.

Alabama and Ohio State also had the lines on theirs

USATSI_8307016.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Ok, I take back what I said previously, MJWalker. These still have that horizontal seam running at the bottom of the collar. Have never noticed that before, but those Army shots definitely look like the collar is shaped differently. The Oregon ones and these OSU ones seem to have a curved shape to it whereas the Army one looks like a straight cut collar point. That's what I thought it was completely new. Since this is a separate piece of fabric, though, I wonder if you could fill it in with another color to get a full collar instead of the halfway treatment we've seen so far.

IMG_7509.jpg

usa-today-8322559.0.jpg

Ok, I take back what I said previously, MJWalker. These still have that horizontal seam running at the bottom of the collar. Have never noticed that before, but those Army shots definitely look like the collar is shaped differently. The Oregon ones and these OSU ones seem to have a curved shape to it whereas the Army one looks like a straight cut collar point. That's what I thought it was completely new. Since this is a separate piece of fabric, though, I wonder if you could fill it in with another color to get a full collar instead of the halfway treatment we've seen so far.

IMG_7509.jpg

usa-today-8322559.0.jpg

Nike did it withbthe replicas for Florida State so they should be able to do it for gameday jerseys too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They aren't the same, though. Compare it to the original Mach Speed version. There's a gentle slope to the collar which goes straight into the chest seams. On the newer version, the collar seams are straight and it actually comes to a point where there is a new horizontal seam. This implies the bottom triangle of the collar can now be colored to provide a full collar.

oregon-mach-speed4.jpg

Why does the Oregon player look like he was just tickled in the neck?

oregon-mach-speed4.jpg

That picture has always looked photoshopped to me. Like they took the head from one shot and the body from another.

This is the first time I have seen that panther. Obviously they should know better than me what's current. Howcer i think both shurts are using throwback logos.

5347_pittsburgh_panthers-alternate-2002.

That one is actually NOT the current panther. They dropped this version and went back to the original one (the one on the shirt posted earlier) at some point. I don't know when they switched back, but as of 2015 I can tell you that they no longer use this version.

This. Pitt actually introduced this several years ago and it was never accepted by the fans and Pitt quickly reverted to the one on the shirt-the "steel cut" panther.

With the script on the helmets, Pitt's uniforms for football actually are very nice (for the first time in a long time). Agree they need a new panther.

its hard to tell if theres anything different in the jerseys with some having art on the collars and others not. and the way a jersey can stretch when on pads can create some illusions. i dont know what they changed, but the Browns equipment manager said the jerseys fit tighter around the upper body now and they came out sporting the Elite51 template. there's something different going on but i couldnt pinpoint it by seeing it on 2 different players from 2 different teams

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

oregon-mach-speed4.jpg

He feels Chip Kelly breathing down his neck

Watching a replay of the FSU spring game and they've updates their garnet set to the Mach Speed template, just like their updated white unis. I'm glad they did this as it bugged me they had two different templates for the same design. Also looks like some players are wearing the old pants (Before the away jersey number color switch) and some wearing the new ones (Mach Speed template). I'm sure the pants deal is just a spring game thing.

e6aws7.jpg

21d51kj.jpg

I honestly hate the Mach Speed truncated collar... it just looks like crap.

I don't mind it stopping in the front. What I don't get is why it also splits in the back? They couldn't wrap that pattern around the neck?

Montana could possibly wear this to honor the 1995 National Championship team for 1 game. I've only heard it from a friend who works for the griz, but he says it's not official yet, and may not be worn at all.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/14/article-2278626-176FB139000005DC-294_634x399.jpg

Doubt they will. Engstrom is too damn cheap these days. And rumor has is that Stitt would rather them never see the field again.

In other news, Ohio State set the all-time sping game attendance record today with 99,000+.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Archived