College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

New helmet for Purdue football , super late to the logo on one side, number on the other

CC5Q30RWgAENO3l.jpg

So close to perfection. Get rid the facemask stripe and put the logo on both sides

That helmet would be beautiful with the logo on both sides

spacer.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be in the minority, but I think those are fan-made prototypes. I think the helmets are gonna look like what we've seen the hype videos: stripeless. We'll find out soon and I can't wait!

Auburn posted a pre-spring game hype video (yea, I know...) that showcased the new Under Armour template. I wrote about it on my site, dissecting the video scene by scene

http://auburnuniforms.blogspot.com/2015/04/truth-lies-in-shadows.html

That sleeve texture looks like Duct Tape.

jersey.jpg

Duct_Tape_Texture_by_phoosh.png

Uh oh. Is UnderArmor going down the same road as Adidas? I hope not. Tire treads and duct tape?

Auburn posted a pre-spring game hype video (yea, I know...) that showcased the new Under Armour template. I wrote about it on my site, dissecting the video scene by scene

jersey.jpg

Uh oh. Is UnderArmor going down the same road as Adidas? I hope not. Tire treads and duct tape?

But unlike adidas its hardly noticeable from a distance. Tire treads are especially noticeable from far away.

I might be in the minority, but I think those are fan-made prototypes. I think the helmets are gonna look like what we've seen the hype videos: stripeless. We'll find out soon and I can't wait!

I can't see them putting in the argyle stripes after seeing what they're using in the hype video unless the argyle is just an add-on UNC did themselves, which I highly doubt they would without Nike's input.

Also, what time are they unveiling the the new uniforms?

jersey.jpg

But unlike adidas its hardly noticeable from a distance. Tire treads are especially noticeable from far away.

Thankfully it's only in the shoulder cap areas too.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I can't see them putting in the argyle stripes after seeing what they're using in the hype video unless the argyle is just an add-on UNC did themselves, which I highly doubt they would without Nike's input.

Also, what time are they unveiling the the new uniforms?

Pretty much exactly what I thought. UNC has an athletics award presentation this evening starting at 7:00. The unis will reportedly be modeled there. I was hoping and kind of expecting still shots to be released prior to tonight, but we'll see.

New helmet for Purdue football , super late to the logo on one side, number on the other

CC5Q30RWgAENO3l.jpg

So close to perfection. Get rid the facemask stripe and put the logo on both sides

That helmet would be beautiful with the logo on both sides

Not a fan of these, for numerous reasons. First and foremost, I feel like Purdue should always been in the sand gold helmet but if they are going to wear a different color, it should be black.

Second, the stripe going down the facemask. I am not opposed to this design element when handled correctly. However, if only ONE helmet has the stripe perpetuated down the facemask, then its stupid.

Third A, numbers on the side of the helmet. To me, its Alabama and no one else.

Third B, numbers on one side of the helmet with a logo on the other. Just stop.

Fourth, the logo isn't a good helmet logo. The heavy detail of the logo with PURDUE in the grill doesn't fit well on a helmet. The P is a much better logo for the helmet - even though I don't think letter logos work on football helmets.

I will consider these UNC sets a major missed opportunity if they don't actually have the argyle down the helmet. It looks so classic. However, anything will be an upgrade over the black set. Match those argyle lids with an argyle striped pant and they'd be golden. From the videos, it looks like they might be using the basketball font.

Archived