College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The story of the Pitt script is very interesting. The then-new athletic director didn't like the old colors and script, so he changed it. He was fired, then they brought him back a few years later. And now the script is back. Odd, but interesting.

That's the same jackass (Steve Pederson) who, in between Pitt jobs, came to Nebraska and hired Bill Callahan.

The hilarious thing is that after he got fired at Pitt, he then got fired at Nebraska - and then Nebraska indirectly helped his firing at Pitt - again. After his revolving door of semi-felon coaches at Pitt, the icing on the cake came from a snowball effect when NU canned Pelini and hired Mike Riley. Oregon State responded by snatching Gary Andersen from Wisconsin. The Badgers in turn nabbed Paul Chryst from Pitt and Steve Pederson got re-fired that same day.

His PItt-logo tomfoolery further confirms his skill at ruining good things. Maybe he can join up with Drake or Jay-Z and run some already-bad NBA branding even further into the Earth's core, but knowing how college athletics works, he'll probably wind up at Notre Dame or Texas or someplace way awesomer than he deserves.

Pedersen seems to be the Lane Kiffin of AD's - he just keeps failing upwards. B)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile I must be the only person on the planet who doesn't like it...

#UnpopularOpinion

I'm with you. It's good for throwback jerseys and merch, but shouldn't be brought back as the primary logo. The arched "PITT" is really solid.

Sometimes it's about returning to an identity a team had when it last had success. Pitt won the last of 9 claimed national championships wearing that script and had another 2 unclaimed national championships while wearing it.

It's a much stronger look than they had with the generic block PITT logo and the atrocious secondary logos they have had. Pitt is a former football power hoping to return to its roots. In my opinion, the classic Pitt script fits them far better than what they've used recently.

#UnpopularOpinion

I'm with you. It's good for throwback jerseys and merch, but shouldn't be brought back as the primary logo. The arched "PITT" is really solid.

The block with drop-shadow was pretty bland. The new/old cursive script is distinct.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

#UnpopularOpinion

The block with drop-shadow was pretty bland. The new/old cursive script is distinct.

Then they need to develop a full identity around it. Just throwing the throwback script in with the block wordmarks and whatnot doesn't work. And I have a feeling the script is going to be football only, which also bugs me. Same as the "Gators" script on the Florida helmet. That may just be personal preference, though.

The story of the Pitt script is very interesting. The then-new athletic director didn't like the old colors and script, so he changed it. He was fired, then they brought him back a few years later. And now the script is back. Odd, but interesting.

That's the same jackass (Steve Pederson) who, in between Pitt jobs, came to Nebraska and hired Bill Callahan.

The hilarious thing is that after he got fired at Pitt, he then got fired at Nebraska - and then Nebraska indirectly helped his firing at Pitt - again. After his revolving door of semi-felon coaches at Pitt, the icing on the cake came from a snowball effect when NU canned Pelini and hired Mike Riley. Oregon State responded by snatching Gary Andersen from Wisconsin. The Badgers in turn nabbed Paul Chryst from Pitt and Steve Pederson got re-fired that same day.

His PItt-logo tomfoolery further confirms his skill at ruining good things. Maybe he can join up with Drake or Jay-Z and run some already-bad NBA branding even further into the Earth's core, but knowing how college athletics works, he'll probably wind up at Notre Dame or Texas or someplace way awesomer than he deserves.

Pedersen seems to be the Lane Kiffin of AD's - he just keeps failing upwards. B)

Yeah, that's probably an apt description. He must give one hell of a job interview.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I think that the North Carolina argyle is one of the greatest uniform elements in sports history. Glad they incorporated it into the football uniforms. Wish Alabama would work the Bear Bryant houndstooth in there somewhere. doesn't have to be obvious, like those pro combats a couple years back. Or even the houndstooth collars from even a little more farther back.

4948902102_57546288cf_b.jpg

E.Gray-36-c.jpg

http://news.nike.com/news/michigan-state-football-updates-nike-football-uniform-innovation-and-design

"New" Michigan State Spartans uniforms, I personally love them. That alt looks great. I really like the pattern on the sleeves and pants.

EDIT: I really like what I'm seeing from Nike in college lately, except TCU.

150320_Nike_Michigan_State_home_3534_nat

150320_Nike_Michigan_State_home_3570_squ

150320_Nike_MIchigan_State_away_0723_nat

ALT:

150320_Nike_MICH_Alt_16x9_native_600.jpg

150320_Nike_Michigan_State_alt_3730_nati

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nike seems to be hitting a stride. That MSU set is beautiful.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Big fan of the understated pattern and new helmet finish, because it looks like they will finally match the uniforms. Not a huge fan of the alt, but I'm fairly conservative with my wishes for MSU. I think simple works so well for them. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

That alt helmet though? That's the color they should've used for the NPC unis. Good choice on the hue and finish there.

Those Michigan State unis are bea-u-ti-ful. The Greek patrern is very nice and very tastefully done, and the alt makes great use of copper and black, which I think look really good with the green.

Nike seems to be trending upward right now in CFB. Let's hope it stays that way!

besides the pants pattern application the MSU uni looks really good, alt version too. HGI's work just never disappoints. unless the photos colors have been altered, HGI matched the fabric color perfectly and like they're on a trend (maybe Nike's decision) of solid helmet colors. still a satin finish but dont remember seeing them use any flake or metallic in their paint since the Buccaneers.

it's interesting to see Nike's CFB designs this year are all about applying things tastefully. well for the most part (TCU is wild). with MSU there's not really any new ideas here except the great pattern on the sleeve, but all the elements work well together. they're not going crazy with helmet designs (logo a bit too large on MSU though), not doing too much anywhere. i think MSU and UNC have uniforms they could wear forever now. sadly, it's the complete opposite for the NFL teams.

still can't get over this templates mesh "zipper" on the jersey though. i cant wait to see them do away with that.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived