College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Virginia Tech helmet that yes is a straight rip-off of Navy a few years back but it is just plain gorgeous!

xVTAlternate.jpg,qitok=HPfUGs5R.pagespee

I agree total rip-off, but... it looks really nice. I'd like to see VT wear these against the Buckeyes this season.

NEWSGG copy.png

Why do the pros cover up their bare calves but not the college game?

NFL rules require socks up to the knees. College doesn't have such uniform rules.

I think I like the college way better, especially if monochrome continues to be a thing. The sock length in college prevents the leggings look.

i love striped socks but i think players at all levels should have a warm and cold weather option. hot weather = short socks; cold weather = long

I've noticed that Iowa players tend to wear matching tall black/white socks more often than those in most programs. Not sure if it's something that's requested by the coaching staff, or just a trend. A few seasons ago, it seemed as if all of Iowa's players wore these.

hi-res-6795994_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

interesting, those look like NFL style socks, which i believe are 2 pieces and thats the reason you get the thousands of different variations on how they're worn. some players wear spandex underneath too which can make for some really odd looks. if a football league were to go with my suggestion of short/long options i'd like for the long socks to be 1 piece, solid color with stripes printed on or woven in.

I think White Socks with black cleats looks terrible, thats why I'm not a fan of the Nfl rule... Unless the team has white cleats I think its a bad look.

NFL rules require socks up to the knees. College doesn't have such uniform rules.

I think I like the college way better, especially if monochrome continues to be a thing. The sock length in college prevents the leggings look.

i love striped socks but i think players at all levels should have a warm and cold weather option. hot weather = short socks; cold weather = long

I've noticed that Iowa players tend to wear matching tall black/white socks more often than those in most programs. Not sure if it's something that's requested by the coaching staff, or just a trend. A few seasons ago, it seemed as if all of Iowa's players wore these.

interesting, those look like NFL style socks, which i believe are 2 pieces and thats the reason you get the thousands of different variations on how they're worn. some players wear spandex underneath too which can make for some really odd looks. if a football league were to go with my suggestion of short/long options i'd like for the long socks to be 1 piece, solid color with stripes printed on or woven in.

I think White Socks with black cleats looks terrible, thats why I'm not a fan of the Nfl rule... Unless the team has white cleats I think its a bad look.

I completely agree. I love what Bielema is doing overall wih our program but I absolutely can't stand the black cleat/white sock look that he implemented when he came in. The red/white cleats that we wore under Petrino just looked so much better.

I completely agree. I love what Bielema is doing overall wih our program but I absolutely can't stand the black cleat/white sock look that he implemented when he came in. The red/white cleats that we wore under Petrino just looked so much better.

hmm, i'm the total opposite. i like being able to see contrast between foot and leg. doing a white on white makes the players feet look huge.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived