College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The countdown is on for Colorado.

image1.png_zpsq4cl0jvl.jpeg

Honestly...why is CU teasing this? ... Cool. The swoosh is black. Nice work, Buffs. I still won't care until you give us something more.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Virginia Tech helmet that yes is a straight rip-off of Navy a few years back but it is just plain gorgeous!

xVTAlternate.jpg,qitok=HPfUGs5R.pagespee

I think its a great looking helmet. The colors compliment each other nicely. I also think it fits better with Virginia Tech's flying VT logo - or whatever its called. However, I would like to see a white line between the chrome orange and matte maroon to better mimic the white stroke around the VT.

The obvious issue is that the helmet is ultra-modern put the jersey and pants are ultra-traditional. It would be nice to see them update the uniforms around that helmet and have a more unique identity to match the unique color pallet, logo, and helmet.

I am incredibly excited to see another helmet utilizing matte AND chrome/gloss.

The new Virginia Tech helmet that yes is a straight rip-off of Navy a few years back but it is just plain gorgeous!

xVTAlternate.jpg,qitok=HPfUGs5R.pagespee

I think its a great looking helmet. The colors compliment each other nicely. I also think it fits better with Virginia Tech's flying VT logo - or whatever its called. However, I would like to see a white line between the chrome orange and matte maroon to better mimic the white stroke around the VT.

The obvious issue is that the helmet is ultra-modern put the jersey and pants are ultra-traditional. It would be nice to see them update the uniforms around that helmet and have a more unique identity to match the unique color pallet, logo, and helmet.

I am incredibly excited to see another helmet utilizing matte AND chrome/gloss.

I hope they don't update their jerseys for a very long time...they are beautiful.

I finally completed my review of Michigan State's new Uniform and the rating is a 8.06 out of 10:

Uniform%2BRating.PNG

spacer.png

The countdown is on for Colorado.

Honestly...why is CU teasing this? ... Cool. The swoosh is black. Nice work, Buffs. I still won't care until you give us something more.

It really is an outstanding commentary on the purpose of college sports uniform design nowadays.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

One thing that is interesting me about that CU "teaser" is there is a lot of white there. Considering Nike's chest placement of the swoosh it definitely looks like the front of the jersey will be slightly more simple. No graphics on the chest/ upper sleeve? I'm so excited for this, none of my favorite teams have updated their look in a while.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Wow Colorado, don't spoil the whole uniform in one pic.

:lol:

I actually like when teams do this. I'm sure we'll have a decent idea of what we'll get for the unveil by the time the last picture is shown.

The shade of gold in the helmet seems a little darker to me. It looks like a deeper gold, as if it has a little bronze in it. Some of that is definitely from the difference in lighting but I'll speculate anyway. :P

FullSizeRender%201_zpsf1suwqwv.jpg

Compared to this:

CU%20CSU%20Football310-L.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Wow Colorado, don't spoil the whole uniform in one pic.

:lol:

I actually like when teams do this. I'm sure we'll have a decent idea of what we'll get for the unveil by the time the last picture is shown.

The shade of gold in the helmet seems a little darker to me. It looks like a deeper gold, as if it has a little bronze in it. Some of that is definitely from the difference in lighting but I'll speculate anyway. :P

FullSizeRender%201_zpsf1suwqwv.jpg

Compared to this:

CU%20CSU%20Football310-L.jpg

The horn looks longer as well..could be seeing a slight update to Ralphie

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Nah, Ralphie's staying the same. The horn is the same size :)

Nothing is considerably different in the first two pics. Which means the changes won't be too radical...oratleastIhopeso

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived