College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

IIRC, the only major remaining Destoryer teams are: Stanford, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Penn State.

That said, I feel like I always forget one or two.

Iowa State also uses the old fabric style Nike jerseys. But I also heard rumors they are getting uniforms for the upcoming season. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Hope so. Those Steelers rip-offs are bad. There's so much they could do there and they use an NFL team's uniforms.

Iowa STATE, not Iowa.

Whoops, meant Iowa STATE's USC rip-off

Well that's not true either. Iowa State wears LSU style jerseys, just with USC's colors.

Except for the logo and the shoulders, Iowa State is just about identical to USC.

Except saying that things are different but then it's identical makes it not identical. Iowa State uses an Indianapolis Colts style stripe at home and UCLA stripes on the white. USC has no yellow on the white shoulder stripes. So because they use the same colors, and both have white and red jerseys and similar helmets...they are identical....no.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just need to see Iowa State return back to their cardinal-stuck-in-a-tornado logo that at least had some school identity. The dumb block I they use now combined with their bland uniforms drives me insane. They should be doing so much better with a name like the Cyclones.

If this was posted a year ago I would agree with you. But, the block I has grown on me tremendously, it's much classier and simple and doesn't scream the 90's/ early 00's like the cardinal-stuck-in-a-tornado did.

Maybe I am just saying that because Iowa State had blue in the color scheme, which just looked terrible. Pair that with cartoony wordmarks, and the bird looked terrible.

I just need to see Iowa State return back to their cardinal-stuck-in-a-tornado logo that at least had some school identity. The dumb block I they use now combined with their bland uniforms drives me insane. They should be doing so much better with a name like the Cyclones.

If this was posted a year ago I would agree with you. But, the block I has grown on me tremendously, it's much classier and simple and doesn't scream the 90's/ early 00's like the cardinal-stuck-in-a-tornado did.

Maybe I am just saying that because Iowa State had blue in the color scheme, which just looked terrible. Pair that with cartoony wordmarks, and the bird looked terrible.

There is a non-blue version of that logo out there now.

iu685g4n6nednmrq0s9pid1n6.gif

There is a non-blue version of that logo out there now.

iu685g4n6nednmrq0s9pid1n6.gif

Love that logo. ISU just looks too plain nowadays. I know that your name shouldn't necessarily dictate how crazy your uniforms are, but if you're the Cyclones, I think you should add a little more pizazz.

IIRC, the only major remaining Destoryer teams are: Stanford, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Penn State.

That said, I feel like I always forget one or two.

Iowa State also uses the old fabric style Nike jerseys. But I also heard rumors they are getting uniforms for the upcoming season. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Hope so. Those Steelers rip-offs are bad. There's so much they could do there and they use an NFL team's uniforms.

Iowa STATE, not Iowa.

Whoops, meant Iowa STATE's USC rip-off

Well that's not true either. Iowa State wears LSU style jerseys, just with USC's colors.

Except for the logo and the shoulders, Iowa State is just about identical to USC.

Except saying that things are different but then it's identical makes it not identical. Iowa State uses an Indianapolis Colts style stripe at home and UCLA stripes on the white. USC has no yellow on the white shoulder stripes. So because they use the same colors, and both have white and red jerseys and similar helmets...they are identical....no.

Aside from the shoulder striping difference, the essence of their home uniform is a usc knock off.

USC and Iowa State are not even close to similar in terms of uniforms. There's really no debate in this.

Yes they are close. The shoulder striping and logos are the only difference between them
USC and Iowa State are only similar in the color department, they're not even close in the uniform department.

TCU likely to debut a new set of uniforms.

I'd be completely happy with the Iowa State/Peach Bowl Uni being their primary home set going forward.

The white helmet sans stripe is hands down their best look.

And this was the TCU look during the late 1970s thru the late 80s

The Flying T, looked a lot like FWPD cruisers as well.

121682909.jpg

That's a helmet that brings back too many BAD memories for Frog fans and alumni...

No, the silver one brings back bad memories... this will always remind me of Jim Wacker, and the finally relevant Frogs of 83-84.

Kenneth Davis, David Davis, and that group were fantastic, er Unbelievable! First bowl game in god knows how many years, a huge game at home versus Texas, and beating Arkansas for the first time in like 22 years. I still love this helmet.

Yes, these too.

tcu1997.jpg

But the Jim Wacker era isn't something to reminisce about, either. Just 2 winning seasons and one bowl game (that we lost) is pretty forgettable, especially compared to what we've had the last decade and a half.

The helmet is ok, for 1984.

If anything, I'd prefer a slightly updated frog with the logo we have now, but really don't want ANY change, to be honest.

Jim Wacker was a victim of the 1980's and out of control boosters.

And he may or may not have been directly involved, but my experience with him while being recruited (1984) was spotless and there were none of the, ahem... perks of a couple other schools I visited. I was no Kenneth Davis, or a Blue Chip Athlete (no 5 stars back then) but, I wasnt at those other visits either, and he had TCU going in the right direction before NCAA probation.

UT and TAMU were not going to let TCU SMU or Baylor win the recruiting $$$s war, and the small privates had boosters who were fat with cash and willing to do anything to beat the big public schools. Not that Texas hadn't gotten their hand slapped more often than TCU, but there was no way a Texas was going to get penalized like TCU did when Wacker self reported! Or the death penalty that SMU still hasn't been able to recover from.

Compared to the last 15 years, Wacker was a blip, but he was special to TCU even if only for a couple years.

After a 43-125 record from 67-83, Wacker did a pretty great job considering the scholarship and revenue losses. Hard to WIn the SWC with a full load of Athletes, much less a team of walk ons for 3 seasons!.

As for the Frog, I would like to see it updated, but not how NIKE was trending a couple years ago. The White Purple White look is fantastic.

USC and Iowa State not even close in uniforms? Wtf is up with these absolutes? USC and Iowa State are definitely similar in uniform. Only USC has a winning history with that look while ISU does not, and thus we have the Trojans and the Trojan wanna-bes. Then again, I've never thought that ISU has ever had any logos or imagery that I thought they could build something really great around. A better rebrand por favor.

Midway.png

USC and Iowa State not even close in uniforms? Wtf is up with these absolutes? USC and Iowa State are definitely similar in uniform. Only USC has a winning history with that look while ISU does not, and thus we have the Trojans and the Trojan wanna-bes. Then again, I've never thought that ISU has ever had any logos or imagery that I thought they could build something really great around. A better rebrand por favor.

Iowa State doesn't even wear yellow pants every game! If they played it wouldn't look like an inter squad scrimmage. If being kinda close in a way makes you just like everyone else, then me and whoever else is a Caucasian male with brown hair and a mustache are the same person with this argument.

USC-Football.jpg

6895350.jpg

I know. How can you say that isn't similar? Everyone is saying it isn't even close.

When they wore basically the same jersey, they were almost indistinguishable from one another, but now they only share a color scheme.

And the pants stripes, and the same helmet design. They're so close that they're still a USC rip-off, whether they use the same shoulder striping or not.

Archived