College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are pretty clean. The Nike-speak is very obvious in the video though. More of a comedy skit than anything there

11058101.jpeg

11058210.jpeg

I've gotten so used to seeing Wake Forest in that ugly old template that this looks like a x234823408934280934803842309842309 upgrade to me.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I love this look. Only gripe is the numbers. Change them to something along the lines of the Chicago Bears or Winnipeg's throwback numbers and they look so much better with those sleeves. I also like them using the full ACC football logo in place of the ACC by itself.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wow, that came out of nowhere.

But boy, these are good. The W panel design is unique, and not so overbearing on the sleeves. The number font actually looks a little more rounded than the OSU font, or maybe it's just warped. Overall, a much needed, and pretty good update.

On a broader note, it looks like the ACC is moving to team oriented football patches. I also saw Clemson tweet out pictures of their new patches.

EDIT: Looks like they have two black jerseys, a standard one with gold sleeves and a "Black Out" one with a black on black pattern. Surprised they don't have a gold option.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The chrome gold helmet: Meh

The numbers: Terrible - the angularity of the numbers completely clashes with the sleeve pattern and the WF logo. Terrible.

The toilet bowl collar: Ugh

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really like the shoulder treatment as the stylized W is from the cast-iron fences, gates, etc around campus, and from the school's seal. I'm not a big fan of merging academic and athletic logos like that, but damn does it look good here.

The numbers have a 18* cut at top, and a 34* cut at bottom, to represent the founding of the school in 1834. Nike-speak at its finest right there.

They also seem to have 2 black lids, a matte helmet and a glossy one. According to the video, they now have 27 different combinations to chose from.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The white pants look so out of place. Wake needs a helmet logo that is white, outlined in gold, for the white pants to work (80s and 90s-esque). It's the same problem West Virginia has - helmet with no white, jersey with no white, and white pants.

Lots of quirky design here but overall a nice set. I would have preferred a traditional gold lid, one black lid (two with the same design, just a different finish is redundant). The numbers aren't great, but not the worst I've seen. The stylized "W" is pretty awesome. Overall, a solid upgrade.

I'd rate Nike's offseason work here a B+ overall. If anything, they are being more conservative and airing on the side of simplicity, but that's not a bad thing. Only poor effort has been TCU, and that was simply an inability to show restraint. Otherwise, TCU could have been fantastic. The white uniform is solid. If they applied the pattern to the numbers and collar on the purple and gray set, they would be great.

UNC: A+

Michigan State: B+

Wake Forest: B

TCU: C
Army: A+

I don't really get the pattern, but there's probably a meaning behind it or something? These look pretty sharp, except for the toilet seat collar and the random white pants. I'm honestly just thrilled they got rid of the repeating WFs that were on the last jerseys.

I love this set, aside from those dumb collars.

The numbers are fine, but the logo looks as if it's a totally sperate part of the set. Numbers similar to the "WF" monogram would be neat.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Clemson also has a chrome helmet looks just like their normal helmet

Clemson has never worn a chrome helmet in a game, unless I'm mistaken. Pictures would help.

These are pretty clean. The Nike-speak is very obvious in the video though. More of a comedy skit than anything there

11058101.jpeg

11058210.jpeg

Toilet bowl collar on the white jersey? And possibly the black (dude's hair is too long for me to be able to tell). That and possibly making the numbers too huge to include a wordmark are my only complaints. I'd sorta like an explanation for the sleeve pattern, even though I dig it.

EDIT:

Number 30's hair covers it up. You can still see it on the white jersey too.

The black jersey for Wake is by far their best, mainly because no toilet seat collar.

EDIT: Oh wait, I guess there are 2 black jerseys. One does in fact have the dreaded toilet seat

11058381.jpeg11058362.jpeg

damnit...Also, why would you show a blackout jersey with a black helmet and WHITE pants? Are they really gonna pull stupid combinations like that?

According to the video, they now have 27 different combinations to chose from.

I really hope that's just Nike's way of boasting, in the only Oregon way they know how, and not a suggestion for WF to follow.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived