College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Clemson also has a chrome helmet looks just like their normal helmet

Clemson has never worn a chrome helmet in a game, unless I'm mistaken. Pictures would help.

There was a concept built by GreenGridiron that was passed around Twitter but I don't think the actual team has one.

CAou0POUYAAa0wM.jpg

Edit*

Also Wakes W pattern is inspired by the academic logo

WFU_Univ_H_RGB.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd wager the collars will get dropped or receive the Texans treatment within a year or so, then they'll be a near perfect look.

Board bitches about teams using standard block and want custom fonts, then they receive a legible custom font and bash it for how it was constructed - get a grip, looks good.

Can someone explain the purpose or idea behind those shoulder stripes for wake?

You asked for it:

"The jersey sleeves include a new pattern that provides an unmistakable connection to Wake Forest’s history. Drawn from the University Shield and the wrought-iron architectural details that punctuate the campus, the graphic forms a stylized “W.” Its arching branches suggest growth and collaboration — keys to success as Coach Dave Clawson enters his second season with the Demon Deacons."

http://news.nike.com/news/wake-forest-history-inspires-new-nike-football-uniform-design

I'd wager the collars will get dropped or receive the Texans treatment within a year or so, then they'll be a near perfect look.

Board bitches about teams using standard block and want custom fonts, then they receive a legible custom font and bash it for how it was constructed - get a grip, looks good.

I think the main complaint is they just took someone else's numbers and gave a BS story for why it looks the way it does. This still looks better than if they had used standard block numbers but I would still go a different way with those numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think the main complaint is they just took someone else's numbers and gave a BS story for why it looks the way it does. This still looks better than if they had used standard block numbers but I would still go a different way with those numbers.

I agree there's any number of ways to go about the number font, but it isn't WVU, Baylor, or Syracuse level bad. And whose numbers do we think these are replicating, if anything they remind me of the new UNC number font with a slight adjustment (which were universally acclaimed around here). Also Nike gon Nike in regards to the BS story.

Finally WF got an update from those seriously outdated ones they had been using. Only detail I don't care for are the collars but the rest of it works. As of now, the only bad update by Nike has been TCU and I blame that more on TCU for not reigning in their usage of the frog pattern.

I agree there's any number of ways to go about the number font, but it isn't WVU, Baylor, or Syracuse level bad. And whose numbers do we think these are replicating, if anything they remind me of the new UNC number font with a slight adjustment (which were universally acclaimed around here). Also Nike gon Nike in regards to the BS story.

It's much closer to the Nike Pro Bowl font than anything.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Also Wakes W pattern is inspired by the academic logo

WFU_Univ_H_RGB.jpg

Can someone explain the purpose or idea behind those shoulder stripes for wake?

You asked for it:

"The jersey sleeves include a new pattern that provides an unmistakable connection to Wake Forest’s history. Drawn from the University Shield and the wrought-iron architectural details that punctuate the campus, the graphic forms a stylized “W.” Its arching branches suggest growth and collaboration — keys to success as Coach Dave Clawson enters his second season with the Demon Deacons."

http://news.nike.com/news/wake-forest-history-inspires-new-nike-football-uniform-design

I buy it. I'm surprised this came from Nike though; I associate them with modern sleeve stripes (c.f. Texas Tech, OK State, and now UConn), whereas Under Armour seems to be more into sleeve patterns (which they nailed with Utah most recently)--that architectural explanation sounds right of the UA's Northwestern Gothic uniform press release, actually.

I like them. They remind me of Florida State's and Michigan State's shoulder designs.

That's probably just Nike's new thing.

I guess Nike has 2 new things when it comes to sleeve design now.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

These are pretty clean. The Nike-speak is very obvious in the video though. More of a comedy skit than anything there

11058101.jpeg

11058210.jpeg

So is this what we are getting now, shoulder cap patterns for everyone? Florida State, Michigan State, Wake Forest...

I also like the Golden Gophers Demon Deacons new font.

Shoulder caps will probably be more prominent, as sleeve stripes are harder to force onto the new templates.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

These are pretty clean. The Nike-speak is very obvious in the video though. More of a comedy skit than anything there

11058101.jpeg

11058210.jpeg

So is this what we are getting now, shoulder cap patterns for everyone? Florida State, Michigan State, Wake Forest...

Shoulder caps have been the fad for a good 3 years now i've already gotten used to it .

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Very nice upgrade by wake forest. The sleeves mimic the academic logo which is nice. The deacon on the collar is cool. All the helmets are sharp as well. Stripe less black pants kick it down a notch. It's creative and it seats wake forest really well done 8/10

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

11058101.jpeg

11058210.jpeg

Shoulder caps have been the fad for a good 3 years now i've already gotten used to it .

Better than those butt-glute stripes that a few teams were rocking for a while. I think Texas Tech had them.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Shoulder caps will probably be more prominent, as sleeve stripes are harder to force onto the new templates.

Look at Auburn on the old Under Armour template. Smaller stripes look bad.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I think these new Wake Forest unis are horrendous. The old "outdated" set was way better

That is just laughable. Their old uniforms were seriously looking their age, especially when they tried to mix in new elements that didn't integrate well.

Beautiful job on Wake Forest. Love that sleeve pattern. Glad to see Nike giving more teams attractive but meaningful design elements--reminds me of the Pro Combat days. The numbers are alright. The reasoning behind them is laughably contrived. No, they don't match the logo, but Times New Roman numbers would be cringeworthy. (We already have to deal with Kansas' Trajan.)

Archived