College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC-Football.jpg

6895350.jpg

I know. How can you say that isn't similar? Everyone is saying it isn't even close.

When they wore basically the same jersey, they were almost indistinguishable from one another, but now they only share a color scheme.

And the pants stripes, and the same helmet design. They're so close that they're still a USC rip-off, whether they use the same shoulder striping or not.

Do one with both in their whites.....

i really loved all the TCU sets this year and i would assume any updates would include a move to the new Mach Speed templates.

personally, i wouldn't mind if TCU ditched the purple chrome lids and brought something new to the table. i also agree with most of gdu's points on the clean up, but i was a huge fan of the subtle differences on the white helmets. they really were a simple and clean way to switch up the look.

black facemasks + purple/black stripe.

458235552_40563965.jpg

chrome facemasks + no stripe.

boykin-trevone-102914-getty-ftr_1rd0gbqi

a Memphis player in the east-west shrine game wore the M on top of his tiger stripe helmet. thought it looked interesting.

186East%20West%20Shrine%20Game%20Footbal

The logo is essentially useless save for this moment here--where the guy's rear end is kissing the turf.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

USC-Football.jpg

6895350.jpg

I know. How can you say that isn't similar? Everyone is saying it isn't even close.

When they wore basically the same jersey, they were almost indistinguishable from one another, but now they only share a color scheme.

And the pants stripes, and the same helmet design. They're so close that they're still a USC rip-off, whether they use the same shoulder striping or not.

Do one with both in their whites.....

Such a USC rip off, this is terrible. :bonk:

Cyclones-away-Unis.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

To say Iowa State and USC don't have similar home uniforms is silly. Same color placement and pants stripes. A "regular" fan might not could tell them apart from the back.

However, to say that they are a rip-off is silly, too. Number font and shoulder stripes, along with "Iowa State" on the front of ISU's jersey provide sufficient differences. Plus the away jerseys obliously have plenty of differences.

To say Iowa State and USC don't have similar home uniforms is silly. Same color placement and pants stripes. A "regular" fan might not could tell them apart from the back.

However, to say that they are a rip-off is silly, too. Number font and shoulder stripes, along with "Iowa State" on the front of ISU's jersey provide sufficient differences. Plus the away jerseys obliously have plenty of differences.

They grabbed all of the key elements of usc's iconic uniform and made some slight adjustments...It's not a facsimile but it's a de facto knock off.

They grabbed all of the key elements of usc's iconic uniform and made some slight adjustments...It's not a facsimile but it's a de facto knock off.

I would say they are a colts knockoff WAY WAY WAY more than USC it is not like they took their colors and re-branded themselves as USC they took the Duke template and used that

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Those helmets make me want to vomit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

New helmets for Texas-San Antonio

UTSAChromeLids3.jpgUTSAChromelids1.jpgUTSAChromeLids2.jpg

Not bad. They definitely were going for the Arizona State Desert Fuel look. My only issue is the mismatching of elements. The white helmet has a faded facemask while the black has just the solid copper facemask. I don't understand the reasoning/logic. Same thing goes for striping... TCU has about 3 or 4 different helmets and they all have different striping patterns.

New helmets for Texas-San Antonio

UTSAChromeLids3.jpgUTSAChromelids1.jpgUTSAChromeLids2.jpg

Not bad. They definitely were going for the Arizona State Desert Fuel look. My only issue is the mismatching of elements. The white helmet has a faded facemask while the black has just the solid copper facemask. I don't understand the reasoning/logic. Same thing goes for striping... TCU has about 3 or 4 different helmets and they all have different striping patterns.

That's not copper, it's orange.

Googled for the real colors...at first I thought they were changing to be like the flagship school (the U of Minnesota schools all use maroon/gold).

The bad: They are trying to be Oregon-like

The good: They are trying to be Oregon-like and maybe so many schools will do it that Oregon starts a trend of going to a sturdy look based on week-to-week consistency and school colors. OK maybe not.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Are we actually sure that's Black? Looks very dark blue to me. Also, why the grey color for the word mark on the white helmet?! Almost a decent execution, simple fixes would make it more of a win than a flat out fail.

Archived