College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Turf also felt a lot better on my bad knee and ankle. All the little divets in the grass field made playing hurt like hell

I was in marching band for several years and turf is definitely better. Unless you've been part of a state or regional matching tournament, you have no idea what 200-person bands will do to a field, especially when they march all day long, back-to-back-to-back for the tourney.

I've been on fields that looked like a mud pit from the leather helmet days. No hash marks, no yard markers; even the boundaries of the field were worn off by the end. Most stadiums (grass) that held marching contests would purposely hold them as late as possible so crews could immediately begin plans for re-seeding for spring. Most schools just opted for turf.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turf also felt a lot better on my bad knee and ankle. All the little divets in the grass field made playing hurt like hell

I was in marching band for several years and turf is definitely better. Unless you've been part of a state or regional matching tournament, you have no idea what 200-person bands will do to a field, especially when they march all day long, back-to-back-to-back for the tourney.

I've been on fields that looked like a mud pit from the leather helmet days. No hash marks, no yard markers; even the boundaries of the field were worn off by the end. Most stadiums (grass) that held marching contests would purposely hold them as late as possible so crews could immediately begin plans for re-seeding for spring. Most schools just opted for turf.

Turf is SO MUCH better than grass. My high school had grass and we would have divots in the field and we,in the band, would have to avoid them. I actually got injured during practice one day. The field was muddy and we even moved down to a less wet part. Now,I march in my college band and we have turf. The only bad part is trying to get the turf out of your shoe.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I posted a photo of a recruit holding this helmet before and I said i hoped it was not real and never showed up....but on a recent recruiting visit, this helmet popped up.... let me just be the first to say i am extremely embarrassed and hope this never hits the field.....this would be the biggest reach of CFCS on a facemask i've seen reently

CFKplUNUEAAlAKY.jpg

EDIT: There is also a blue version apparently

CFF-qRdVEAAxTUQ.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I posted a photo of a recruit holding this helmet before and I said i hoped it was not real and never showed up....but on a recent recruiting visit, this helmet popped up.... let me just be the first to say i am extremely embarrassed and hope this never hits the field.....this would be the biggest reach of CFCS on a facemask i've seen reently

CFKplUNUEAAlAKY.jpg

CFF-qRdVEAAxTUQ.jpg

I honestly like the idea of an over sized bear on the helmet but this all wrong. Why that shade of gold? Looks awful.

NEWSGG copy.png

CFKplUNUEAAlAKY.jpg

CFF-qRdVEAAxTUQ.jpg

I honestly like the idea of an over sized bear on the helmet but this all wrong. Why that shade of gold? Looks awful.

Awful is putting it mildly. More like speechless.

There's something to be said for attracting recruits with fresh looks.

But part of the reason kids go to college is to learn: learn to function within an adult world, learn to appreciate rules and tradition and learn that the world is a much bigger place than you and your personal trophies.

You don't see college English professors changing to curriculum from Homer or Shakespeare to "text speech" in an effort to appeal to kids. I don't see why uniforms should be different. Freshen it up, sure, but wholesale departures from the school brand? No way.

Unless they also start reading quotes like, "Romeo, wtf, yo. Omw to ur crib bc AITR, hmu later AMF."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

What shade of gold should they have used? Cal has always used yellow gold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

But part of the reason kids go to college is to learn: learn to function within an adult world, learn to appreciate rules and tradition and learn that the world is a much bigger place than you and your personal trophies.

You don't see college English professors changing to curriculum from Homer or Shakespeare to "text speech" in an effort to appeal to kids. I don't see why uniforms should be different. Freshen it up, sure, but wholesale departures from the school brand? No way.

Unless they also start reading quotes like, "Romeo, wtf, yo. Omw to ur crib bc AITR, hmu later AMF."

No, but something similar with Leo rollin' off a Molly and this:

giphy.gif

No offense, but that second paragraph is naive. I'd guess 95 percent of athletes in revenue sports aren't in school to learn. They're on campus to play their sport and hopefully turn pro.

If anything, they learn the opposite.

No offense, but that second paragraph is naive. I'd guess 95 percent of athletes in revenue sports aren't in school to learn. They're on campus to play their sport and hopefully turn pro.

Whether they know it or not, they're at the school to learn. You learn much more than just classwork when at college.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Whether they know it or not, they're at the school to learn. You learn much more than just classwork when at college.

Yup. It's "Grown-up training," if nothing else. College helps you learn that you're not really that big a deal. And yes, this applies to athletes once they realize they ain't getting drafted, or that sports is over. Unless you're Jameis Winston. That guy might as well be called Peter Pan, because he's never growin' up.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Yup. It's "Grown-up training," if nothing else. College helps you learn that you're not really that big a deal. And yes, this applies to athletes once they realize they ain't getting drafted, or that sports is over. Unless you're Jameis Winston. That guy might as well be called Peter Pan, because he's never growin' up.
Yet we have major schools putting half of the team in a class where all they have to do is spell their name. Half in the class cheated. Those kids are there to make the major programs money. Just look at the recent UNC scandal. An academic prestigious school. Major college football is shady. The players are not seen the same as Joe Blow in English 101. Ideally you may want it to be like your second paragraph, but reality is far from it. Tom Osbourne certainly pulled some shady stuff. So has Auburn.

What shade of gold should they have used? Cal has always used yellow gold.

I think he means on the facemask. It does seem out of place since chrome is no where else in the uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yet we have major schools putting half of the team in a class where all they have to do is spell their name. Half in the class cheated. Those kids are there to make the major programs money. Just look at the recent UNC scandal. An academic prestigious school. Major college football is shady. The players are not seen the same as Joe Blow in English 101. Ideally you may want it to be like your second paragraph, but reality is far from it. Tom Osbourne certainly pulled some shady stuff. So has Auburn.

I don't want to derail the thread, but the ONLY thing I can think you might be referring to was Osborne's handing of Lawrence Phillips. In retrospect it could have been managed currently, but more recent evidence has suggested that he knew LP was too troubled and played him more in at attempt to get him drafted early. Not a perfect answer, but if you truly can't fix the problem, then let him go be the NFL's problem instead of your school's problem.

UyDgMWP.jpg

CFKplUNUEAAlAKY.jpg

What in the hell is that random gold section under the chin of the bear?

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

CFKplUNUEAAlAKY.jpg

Reflection of something gold in the room. It's a metallic decal.

CFKplUNUEAAlAKY.jpg

Reflection of something gold in the room. It's a metallic decal.

I would much rather see something like thsi than what they have here

DSC_0198_zps8b9cdfac.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived