College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The dark helmet looks like a matte navy to me. Their colors are navy and orange. UTSA has almost as many helmet combos as conference wins. The 2 newest bring the total up to 9 I believe.

The helmet looks matte gray to me.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize this, but apparently the UT System has all schools wearing some shade of orange, and nearly all of them also wear blue and white.

Obviously, we're all familiar with the 'Horns in Austin, but take a gander:

UT-Arlington
UT-Brownsville
UT-Dallas
UT-El Paso
UT-San Antonio
UT-Tyler
UT-Permian Basin
UT-Pan American *
*UT-Pan American's colors were Green & White prior to merging into the UT system. After joining, they added Orange.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Miami recruits have seen the new Adidas uniforms

The ink isn't even dry on the contract. I'm sure they haven't finalized the designs yet. Usually these processes are done over the span of many months to even a year. If anything, recruits saw temporary mockup so as to have a sample of the material and the colors.

I'm more concerned with recruits being photographed in college gear. This kid may be a 100% committed Husky, but give it time and we'll see some big high school WR wearing a Texas jersey in publicity stills, only to flip to Oklahoma or A&M.

Eggs before hatching; horse pushing the cart.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So they added numbers to that blank area, but kept the armpit spike? 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Those aren't armpit spikes, those are an homage to the tusks of the arkansas razorback...

Damn straight. And thank you Washington for paying tribute.
I personally think the armpit spike looks good on Arkansas but looks like total crap when UW does it.

NEWSGG copy.png

I'm having the hardest time deciding which TV number placement I like better. I like it in the sleeve caps, but not the coloring. But then again, the numbers do match across the board...It feels more natural in the shoulder cap area to me.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm more concerned with recruits being photographed in college gear. This kid may be a 100% committed Husky, but give it time and we'll see some big high school WR wearing a Texas jersey in publicity stills, only to flip to Oklahoma or A&M.

Eggs before hatching; horse pushing the cart.

It's pretty common for recruits (even if they aren't committed) to wear and take a picture in jerseys on a visit.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Still with the arm pit spikes? Hate those.

I like that in the reveal the arm pit spikes were supposedly representative of the cantilever roof of Husky Stadium yet this wasn't the first set that design aspect was used in. You could see them in the Miami jerseys nike had rolled out about a week earlier. Couldn't they just be honest and say its a design element we think kids will find cool? As a UW Alum, I will say I like this set, but hope they keep the numbers on the shoulders.

SEAsig.png

Still with the arm pit spikes? Hate those.

I like that in the reveal the arm pit spikes were supposedly representative of the cantilever roof of Husky Stadium yet this wasn't the first set that design aspect was used in. You could see them in the Miami jerseys nike had rolled out about a week earlier. Couldn't they just be honest and say its a design element we think kids will find cool? As a UW Alum, I will say I like this set, but hope they keep the numbers on the shoulders.

I was curious what Nike's convoluted reasons were for the armpit spikes. The uniforms would look a lot cleaner with just the W in the sleeve and the number on the shoulders.

I'm having the hardest time deciding which TV number placement I like better. I like it in the sleeve caps, but not the coloring. But then again, the numbers do match across the board...It feels more natural in the shoulder cap area to me.

If the numbers weren't the same color as the sleeves it would be an improvement. Right now, not so much. It will be almost invisible from far away.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If the black helmet had the gradient facemask to match the white one and if the white helmet had black/navy/dark gray UTSA on it... these would be fantastic. Basically, if these helmet would have been opposite, contrasting colors, they would have been great.

Anyone have any bets on when this chrome finish is going to expire? There are very few colors/teams that can pull it off. Baylor and Washington are the first teams that come to mind.

Archived