College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Tennessee is doing box hunts with practice passes and other stuff. nike included.

CF8-K18WoAEhQsw.jpg

https://twitter.com/1of119

FWIW, the orange looks good.

There would be riots in the streets of Knoxville should they mess up the Orange. My sister went to another college down near Knoxville, and I thought we here in Columbus were nuts about the Buckeyes (no pun intended), but UT fans there take it to a whole new level, especially with Rockytop played everywhere you go at every waking moment.

As someone who lives in Knoxville and has for the last 12 years, I can tell you I've never seen a fanbase with such high expectations. Also what school were you referring too that was "down near Knoxville"?

Johnson University, formerly Johnson Bible College. Beautiful campus, and I'm really a fan of that area as a whole, in and around Knoxville. My family loves to go down there from time to time still, even after she's graduated. I was never down there on gameday though, but I can imagine the chaos...

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really are becoming the Oregon of the southwest. A pretty bad history with a brighter present and the useless addition(s) of non-school colors.

The grey is really the only non school color used. Baylor has always been such a cluster when it comes to using school colors that I can't ever recall them using athletic gold for football. At the same time they used it in every other sport but still switched between athletic and old gold.

baylor-all-black.jpg

Isn't black one of their secondary colors?

Sure, they same way black and anthracite are for TCU since Nike wanted to make those uniforms.

I sure hope they don't use that font. It looks like an Adidas font. It's bad in general, and will look horrible on football jerseys, particularly when the visibility between light orange and white is dicey as is. It's far too thin for a football jersey. This whole "random, mismatched serifs and angles" trend in fonts needs to die a painful death.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I sure hope they don't use that font. It looks like an Adidas font. It's bad in general, and will look horrible on football jerseys, particularly when the visibility between light orange and white is dicey as is. It's far too thin for a football jersey. This whole "random, mismatched serifs and angles" trend in fonts needs to die a painful death.

That is a horrible font that does not read Tennessee. What are the chances that the checkerboard pattern will be used in the uniform? I am guessing a 30% chance or less.

spacer.png

It looks like they're trying to incorporate some of the curves in the counters of the numerals, to mimic the Power T, but as it is in the photo, it looks pretty awkwardly done.

This is one of the rare cases where Adidas did the same thing better. The custom font they created for Tennessee was absolutely perfect:

iOHwoFc.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It looks like they're trying to incorporate some of the curves in the counters of the numerals, to mimic the Power T, but as it is in the photo, it looks pretty awkwardly done.

This is one of the rare cases where Adidas did the same thing better. The custom font they created for Tennessee was absolutely perfect:iOHwoFc.jpg
I thought Adidas' font for Tennessee was ok but a little thick and clunky. A slimmer version would have been cleaner and more legible. If they go with the font for the 119th team, I'd be cool with it.

This whole "random, mismatched serifs and angles" trend in fonts needs to die a painful death.

This. If you're going to create a distinct numeral set there's no need to reinvent the block font just to say you did something different.

Midway.png

CGdFVt5VIAE02rF.jpg

If the swoosh is good at one thing, it's getting people hyped up with a press kit.

Sometimes even more important (or relevant) than the design itself.

It's like a chef plating food. You're still eating a dead cow but the minimal portions drizzled in an asparagus reduction with capers is just part of the seduction (and $95 check).

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Not a huge follower of Miami OH. Is the chrome helmet with the hawk new?

CGh8bLxUgAEP80M.jpg

It's really a shame how bad their uniforms are. They should have went with something like their 2011 Bowl Game even if it looks like Wisconsin or Nebraska

4445879.jpeg

It is the basketball number font from the last two years, not a new Nike font.

It's so clunky for adidas to put its logo at the neck, on top of a wordmark that is already stacked. However, these are probably the best set of unis Mississippi State has had in 13 years or so.

Anything on that hideous TechFit template can't be the best. Personally, I'd say this has been their best uniform under Adidas:

CXxj0Qo.jpg

Not because it's particularly good, but because it's less bad than the stretched, warped crap Adidas has forced them to wear in recent years.

Adidas's custom designs are not the techfit material or template.. Each team we bash on here for their Adidas uniforms has the option to get a more "normal" fitting/looking jersey. The players prefer the techfit, it's something Adidas wants to market, win-win for them.. Plus they get to put teams in stock unis instead of having to make anything custom..

Archived