College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white helmet with the hawk head looks kind of nice. They are, however, the REDhawks.

Well :censored:, people. This man has figured it out. Everyone make sure Stanford wears cardinal, Bama has crimson, Tulane has green, Georgia Tech wears yellow, Middle Tennessee wears blue, Texas Tech wears red, and Southern Miss, Cal, Minnesota, Kent State, and FIU all wear gold helmets. K, guys. Let's get on it. :rolleyes:

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

when has adidas ever made a custom uniform?

UCLA's black and anthracite jerseys, and the Texas A&M jerseys with the state of Texas on the front, and Nebraska's jerseys with the big N, and Notre Dame's jerseys against Miami (with the 60/40 helmet) and Michigan's M jerseys with the stripes on the shoulders.

The white helmet with the hawk head looks kind of nice. They are, however, the REDhawks.

Well :censored:, people. This man has figured it out. Everyone make sure Stanford wears cardinal, Bama has crimson, Tulane has green, Georgia Tech wears yellow, Middle Tennessee wears blue, Texas Tech wears red, and Southern Miss, Cal, Minnesota, Kent State, and FIU all wear gold helmets. K, guys. Let's get on it. :rolleyes:

I think part of the critique is the hawk on the white helmets was white outlined in red, when they could have used the standard red hawk from their main athletics logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think part of the critique is the hawk on the white helmets was white outlined in red, when they could have used the standard red hawk from their main athletics logo.

Yes, thank you. I didn't say it looked bad or completely wrong, per se, but rather that instead of having a white hawk on a white helmet, they could have a red hawk on a white helmet. It'd look cleaner, in my opinion, and it'd also be convenient since it ties quite nicely into their nickname.

UCLA's black and anthracite jerseys, and the Texas A&M jerseys with the state of Texas on the front, and Nebraska's jerseys with the big N, and Notre Dame's jerseys against Miami (with the 60/40 helmet) and Michigan's M jerseys with the stripes on the shoulders.

None of those Adidas one offs were custom work. They are all tech fit uniforms using templating for design. Slapping new number fonts or swapping numerals for a giant letter or screening on some should stripes is not custom design. Sure the graphics printed on the uniforms were new but that's the equivalent of t shirt design not a custom uniform.

Vols practice court looks updated - video moves very strange so this was best I could get of the full wordmark at the center of the court. I kinda doubt the court at Thompson-Boling looks like that but...

33o3bll.png

It's... uh... different, can't figure out the idea behind the slanting.

None of those Adidas one offs were custom work. They are all tech fit uniforms using templating for design. Slapping new number fonts or swapping numerals for a giant letter or screening on some should stripes is not custom design. Sure the graphics printed on the uniforms were new but that's the equivalent of t shirt design not a custom uniform.

So what's a custom uniform?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Vols practice court looks updated - video moves very strange so this was best I could get of the full wordmark at the center of the court. I kinda doubt the court at Thompson-Boling looks like that but...

33o3bll.png

Wild guess, but could it be based on the shape of the state of Tennessee? The eastern and western borders are slanted forward similar to that font.

Well Kansas State is now the latest to switch to Elite 51 fabric for the upcoming season. Now if Iowa State can make that switch too, every major Division I school will have that template.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGcuVvyUIAIQEXm.jpg:large

That is the Nike Speed Machine template:

CGcuVvyUIAIQEXm.jpg

Jesus, not this debate again...

33o3bll.png

Wild guess, but could it be based on the shape of the state of Tennessee? The eastern and western borders are slanted forward similar to that font.

Here is what the current practice court looks like, thus the leaked image is already an improvement:

pratt3.jpg

spacer.png

Well Kansas State is now the latest to switch to Elite 51 fabric for the upcoming season. Now if Iowa State can make that switch too, every major Division I school will have that template.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGcuVvyUIAIQEXm.jpg:large

That is the Nike Speed Machine template:

CGcuVvyUIAIQEXm.jpg

Elite 51 is for the NFL. Speed Machine is for NCAA. Different names for basically the same thing.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

33o3bll.png

Thought the exact same thing. I can hear the Nike-speak already...

I like the finish of the blue helmet:

CGfuEweUAAAIMDj.jpg

The helmet on the far-right is awful. Wow.

And is the middle one a blue chrome fade?

The rest look pretty good.

Use the blue helmet, give it a white or black stripe and call it a day... That one on the far right, I'm at a loss of words on how bad that is.

I like the finish of the blue helmet:

CGfuEweUAAAIMDj.jpg

The helmet on the far-right is awful. Wow.

And is the middle one a blue chrome fade?

The rest look pretty good.

They actually wore the middle faded helmet. The far right one has been teased on their twitter account for at least 2 years now.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived