College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Well, not surprisingly since you're agreeing with him, you're wrong here. The little bit of white at the bottom of the sock doesn't balance out the white helmet, which is the most important part of a football identity. Those uniforms would have to be worn with white pants to look good. The above picture looks like the equipment manager's idiot son ordered the wrong color helmets, or alternatively, the helmets got lost in shipping so they had to run to a sporting goods store and buy 50 generic white helmets before the game.

I never said anything about the white of the sock balancing the helmet... I don't think that thought would've occurred to me. I just like that old charger uniform (and the breakers uniform, and the white over Brown over yellow Wyoming Cowboys uniform) because I like them.

I know that isn't always an acceptable answer around here, but there you go. I like how it looks. It has a vintage kind of quirkiness appeals to me.

That's all I got.

I understand how some things which shouldn't work do sometimes. I just feel that those Chargers uniforms are not among them. I think white helmets with colored pants and colored jerseys has looked awful every time it's ever been tried.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it's safe to say which adidas teams are getting new uniforms?

iZdq9Ks.jpg

Adidas, stop pretending your uniforms have sleeves.

These are the replica jerseys. They'll still look horrible, they'll just be loose and horrible.

So this confirms that Mississippi State are changing away and alternate uniforms as expected. Now they won't look like they copied Texas A&M's uniforms. I know they came out the same year but A&M was first.

_ichigan aways are looking like they should look, no crazy piping or tusks. My only surprise was that they didn't go back to the Northwestern stripe similar to what Louisville wore through last year before going alternate crazy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That image also confirms the rumored black alternate for Mississippi State:

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/06/black-jerseys-officially-coming-in-2015.html

2015%2BAlt%2BBlack.pngDak%2Bin%2BBlack.png

ADIDAS STAHP

What's the over/under on smaller schools with this exact same template, with an angled giant logo on their pants? 10?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I completely agree about the pants logo. I mentioned it, along the black outlines, as things that detract from our current uniforms here:

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/06/adidas-increasing-also-black-outlines.html

It should be noted that we don't know what pants and helmet design the black jersey will be paired with. I just put it with the maroon helmet and white pants for the time being.

Archived