College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's Tennessee's away uniform as well.

CI11g37UMAAXbPV.jpg

I think this is the first time we've seen Nike use a "full" collar on the Mach Speed template. Everything else had previously cut off at the seam (FSU, TCU) or had no collar color/pattern.

I'd rank this as some of the best modern work Nike has done. Also, I knew I was right about the collar design when I saw it on the new TCU and Army unis. I could tell it was designed to include a full collar. It dips a little low but looks good overall. No Flywire, so that's cool. Overall, very good work.

Here's Tennessee's away uniform as well.

CI11g37UMAAXbPV.jpg

I think this is the first time we've seen Nike use a "full" collar on the Mach Speed template. Everything else had previously cut off at the seam (FSU, TCU) or had no collar color/pattern.

I think Florida State tried it for the first game last year then went with the truncated neck when they got their replacement uniforms. Or it may only have been the first run replicas.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

As an 80s/90s kid, the logo on the right thigh seems weird, but not bad. Back in the day it seems like logos were either on one or both hips, or the left thigh.

This is a really nice set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Love, love, love these uniforms. Nike kept it simple and traditional, but added just enough flair with the checkers in the striping to make things interesting. The number font looks good tooseems like a standard block with rounded interior corners, which fits well with the logo. Not as good as the font Adidas created last year, but way better than most Nike fonts.

And I actually like the black/charcoal yoke on the grey alternate. It flows nicely with the dark helmet and gives the jersey a little more umph.

As an 80s/90s kid, the logo on the right thigh seems weird, but not bad. Back in the day it seems like logos were either on one or both hips, or the left thigh.

I've noticed that Nike has switched the logo placements on the pants the last few years. Not sure why, but it does look a little off.

LOVE the white and orange sets....and the treatment of the striping on the helmets and pants legs is my favorite part. Not sure I'm sold on the number font just yet, I'd like to see more numerals. I appreciate what they with the the smoke gray helmet, but I don't care for the unis. I think 1 shade on the unis with the same helmet would have been fine.

gYH2mW9.png

As someone who grew up a huge UT fan (now employed by Auburn athletics), I love what Nike has done with the Vols uniforms. I have always thought that Tennessee needed to use the checkerboard more, and I'm glad Nike has done it. There is nothing too crazy with what they have done, which is perfect for an team that loves tradition as much as UTK. What Nike has done is the perfect mix of tradition to keep the old boosters happy and new to intrigue recruits and younger fans.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

I can dig it. The number font is similar enough to the previous, which I always liked. The checkerboard pattern is put in ways that don't change the integrity of what a Tennessee uniform normally is. The only thing that detriments from the set is the two tone alternate. If they stuck to one of the shade of gray it would've been alright.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I'll be totally honest, this is one of my favorite recent Nike sets. Everything's really clean and well done. I absolutely love how the single stripe turns into the checkerboard as smoothly and cleanly as it does. The pattern allows for it to look more gradual than abrupt, and that's really my favorite part about its use.

Very, very well done in my eyes.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived