College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the logo on the right upper thigh is just because team's often opt for logos on both outer hips, leaving the left thigh blank (and aesthetically, we are used to seeing something there), so Nike remedied the situation by always putting their logo on the left thigh so it looks normal if teams go double-hip, but also retains the front upper thigh option, just on the other (right) side.. Basically, just a standardized swoosh location, instead of having to put it on one spot for some teams, then moving it for others

I think the logo on the right upper thigh is just because team's often opt for logos on both outer hips, leaving the left thigh blank (and aesthetically, we are used to seeing something there), so Nike remedied the situation by always putting their logo on the left thigh so it looks normal if teams go double-hip, but also retains the front upper thigh option, just on the other (right) side.. Basically, just a standardized swoosh location, instead of having to put it on one spot for some teams, then moving it for others

It used to be the reverse, though. Nike would always put the swoosh on the right thigh (viewers' left) and sometimes leave the left thigh blank. I wanna say the switch started when the Pro Combat uniforms came out and they started doing the cutoff pants stripes.

Overall it's not a huge issue, just odd that they would switch when Adidas and UA still have their logos on the players' right thigh.

Can't complain about these at all I am really happy with these which surprises me!

I don't love the adding of the checkerboard as I have always liked that on the end zone only but it is not a lot of it.

I liked the restraint Nike shown on these we will look better than last year because I hated the tire tread pattern & the Tennessee on the away jersey.

I will miss the number font as I really liked it.

I think this is the first time we've seen Nike use a "full" collar on the Mach Speed template. Everything else had previously cut off at the seam (FSU, TCU) or had no collar color/pattern.

I think Florida State tried it for the first game last year then went with the truncated neck when they got their replacement uniforms. Or it may only have been the first run replicas.

Those were on the Speed Machine template, not the Mach Speed template.

When they went to the Mach Speed template it became a truncated collar.

Very impressed with what Nike did here. It's clean, has little nods that make it distinctly Tennessee without going overboard.

The alternate is really nice as well, and I can't believe I just typed that. It doesn't go too crazy, and my favorite part is the helmet. Nike actually had the good sense to make a helmet that goes with the smokey unis, unlike Adidas who just kept the white shell.

Home run. All the sports look pretty darn good to be honest.

Interesting to see the power T on the front bumper in some promo pics, while in others "vols" is shown. I prefer the latter for redundancy sake personally. Also, an older version of the Vols script is shown on the back bumper, which seems a little misplaced. The number font appears to be very similar to Texas' except for the #1. I expected the 3-star circle logo to be incorporated but still a great set overall from Nike, even though I was actually fan of the Adidas set. Even the alt is tolerable, as long as they only wear it once a year. This is Nike's best offseason ever in terms of college football IMO

Interesting to see the power T on the front bumper in some promo pics, while in others "vols" is shown. I prefer the latter for redundancy sake personally. Also, an older version of the Vols script is shown on the back bumper, which seems a little misplaced. The number font appears to be very similar to Texas' except for the #1. I expected the 3-star circle logo to be incorporated but still a great set overall from Nike, even though I was actually fan of the Adidas set. Even the alt is tolerable, as long as they only wear it once a year. This is Nike's best offseason ever in terms of college football IMO

It's been there for a few years. I believe it's a newer rendition of an older logo.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Thoughts on the new Volunteer football uniforms:

• Would have liked to see the solid stripe to checker be carried to the collar. Mirror it from the pants.
  • The number font seems to be recycled. I think I saw it in a Conrad font pack. It should match the style of the wordmark.
  • Needs to have TV numbers. I hate this current trend of no TV number. Inexcusable. It doesn't look like a uniform without them.

Overall, its a solid update. Just like everything Nike does... a few minor tweaks here or there, and the uniforms could be spectacular. Its almost like they have different people designing pants, then the shirts, then the helmets. Its weird.

• Would have liked to see the solid stripe to checker be carried to the collar. Mirror it from the pants.
  • The number font seems to be recycled. I think I saw it in a Conrad font pack. It should match the style of the wordmark.
  • Needs to have TV numbers. I hate this current trend of no TV number. Inexcusable. It doesn't look like a uniform without them.

Overall, its a solid update. Just like everything Nike does... a few minor tweaks here or there, and the uniforms could be spectacular. Its almost like they have different people designing pants, then the shirts, then the helmets. Its weird.

They do. Take a closer look at the promo photos.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Yeah, Alabama's uniforms don't look like uniforms

Only thing Id change about the Vols new set is the striping. They're known historically for double pants stripes. Just use the same pattern, just with 2 stripes.

Basically this but inverted. uspw_5052372-700x466.jpg

The double striping on the pants always bothered me with the single helmet stripe. I think this gives them consistency throughout the design. In this case, single stripe >>>> double stripe IMO.

gYH2mW9.png

Only thing Id change about the Vols new set is the striping. They're known historically for double pants stripes. Just use the same pattern, just with 2 stripes.

Basically this but inverted. uspw_5052372-700x466.jpg

Man, Arizona's previous ass so much nicer than the current one.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived