College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Looks great.

Please tell me you're joking. There's nothing about that jersey that looks great. The shoulder stripes are still wrong. The number font is wrong. The tire tread is everywhere.

I never liked the Clarendon font for UCLA. I always thought it looked a little too . . . well, feminine:

foster-jersey-lg2.jpg

I don't care for the script "Ucla" either. I would replace it with this:

7277_ucla_bruins-wordmark-0.png

(maybe too TCU-ish?)

or even this:

ucla-wordmark-main-1.jpg

I have honestly never heard someone complain about the UCLA script. The numbers yea that's personal preference, and I personally really like them

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of being ejected into the sun by everyone here, I like this new UCLA uniform. I guess that perfect color scheme just covers for a lot of sins in my eyes? I don't know, it just works for me.

(And this is coming from someone who has despised just about every football and basketball uniform adidas has put out in the last 10-15 years.)

Looks great.

Please tell me you're joking. There's nothing about that jersey that looks great. The shoulder stripes are still wrong. The number font is wrong. The tire tread is everywhere.

What it comes down to is this: I want my team to win. In regards to the uniform, the Techfit jersey gives my school the best chance to win. Is it a huge difference? Of course not, but the Techfit jersey, in terms of function, is the best jersey on the market. It was designed to make the player harder to grab. It is lighter, uses less fabric, and has practically no seams. That makes it a better football jersey than comparable jerseys from Nike and Under Armour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXs7OfbMqY

Am I enamored with the "tire tread?" No, but I can live with it (maybe it is because the tire tread is more of a liability on a darker jersey).

A set of stripes down to the armpit on a compression shirt (with little sleeve length) would look out of proportion and worse than what adidas came up with for UCLA.

It's true: there really is one born every minute.

;)

I will always hate Adidas and their ugly uniforms with ugly colors (looks like XFL uniforms). Noticed that Adidas is losing their partners (ND, Tenn, Cinn, and then Michigan). NBA is swtiching to NIke. Baylor basketball teams switched to Nike from Adidas. Nike still dominates the uniforms sponsorships of the top college football teams.

Off the topic, I'm waiting to see the Air Force unveiling their new uniforms.

U2sX5CK_.jpg

Looks great. Hopefully it's their primary and not their alternate.

So the story about the stripes not being able to look like the old jerseys because of the new material and sewing was all bs correct?! Because this crap goes down further than the others and way past the materials coming together and still doesn't look anything like the traditional. It's cool to come on here and see the new looks but when traditional looks are being murdered by some artistic turd that probably doesn't watch or care about sports it really irritates me and I'm sure most of you all. I wouldn't mind the ncaa or the conferences standing up and have some limits on how many helmets pant jerseys teams can have and also make them wait 3 years before they can change anything from the recent set.

These stripes are similar to the stripes they used on UCLA's "LA Steel" alternates from last year. Unlike the past few years where the stripes were part of the uniform fabric, these stripes are applications that go on top of the stretchy "techfit" uni. That is probably why they have the small gaps in the stripes in numbers because they do not stretch like the uniform does so it allows the stripes and numbers to flew with the fit of the jersey. It doesn't look good to me but thats probably the functional reason as to why the numbers and stripes are "slashed" up.

They have updated their templates continually over the past 5 years. When it comes down to it all football uniforms are made of the same spandex like form fitting moisture wicking materials (that were first created by under armour), the only differences are ventilation which Adidas simply does not have compared to the others.

Are you certain? I have held an NFL team-issued Seahawks jersey given to our school from the alumnus who wore it while playing for the Seahawks, as well as a custom UA jersey (2 years old), a stock UA jersey (4 years old), and a brand new Adidas techfit shockweb jersey (brand new) all within the last week, and they are all vastly different material, except for the 2 UA jerseys..
They all might seem different, but they are all polyester and elastane blend fabrics that are form fitting and moisture wicking, the only real difference is how the textile made them and their weight. Thats why Adidas has the shock wave because it was weaved a different way, but really that's the only difference, the thread is the same as any other uniform. Further more, the elastane creates the tight fit, the polyester does not absorb moisture, under armour uses about a 88-12 polyester to elastane blend, I wish I had my game used Patriots jersey with me but I'm traveling but I would say it is about the same, maybe 85-15 ratio for them, and I do have a Adidas jersey too but not with me as well but I would have to assume that their jerseys have more elastane in their blend to create their skin tight jerseys. The thing that Nike and under armour excel at though more than addidas is putting zones in their jersey with increased ventilation in them, versus Adidas which is all one material with different weaves in the construction of the jersey in different areas, but nothing to allow more air through, or allow sweat to escape.

I get that people don't like the aesthetic choices that adidas has made. I, too, hated their past few sets of March Madness uniforms.

In football, however, adidas' jerseys are technically superior. From a functional point of view, the ideal football jersey would be very similar to a wrestling unitard: a tight, seamless outfit that limits access points for the opponent to grab the fabric.

7247147-WIR-Wisconsin-Iowa-Wrestling-02_

In football, the most functional jersey would be hard to grab (very tight and without seams) and just large enough to cover the shoulder pads.

I never liked the Clarendon font for UCLA. I always thought it looked a little too . . . well, feminine:

giphy.gif

Can we not drag even unintentional misogyny into this, please?

And I get what people find aesthetically pleasing is all subjective but this is literally the only time I can remember someone saying they don't like the script UCLA.

Why can't he say it looks feminine to him? Feminine is an adjective. Just because something looks feminine to him doesn't mean he a misogynist. We are talking about football uniforms. Men's football uniforms. I could never understand this over the top Political Correctness. Its not like he is saying "OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A FEMALE FONT AND WOMEN ARE BY FAR THE LESSER SEX! MEN DOMINATE THIS WORLD SO EVERYTHING SHOULD BE DONE MANLY!" He said it looks a little feminine. How is that not ok? Masculine and Feminine have real characteristics... its ok to use them when describing something.

People are so over the top sensitive. He didn't say anything offensive. He was describing the logo. Give it a rest.

You just wrote about it at least three times as much as he did, dragging out the tired "politically correct" bit. So who's being over sensitive?

Fine. I'm sensitive to people being ridiculously, over sensitive about non-issues. You got me. Its my cross to bear.

In football, however, adidas' jerseys are technically superior. From a functional point of view, the ideal football jersey would be very similar to a wrestling unitard: a tight, seamless outfit that limits access points for the opponent to grab the fabric.

7247147-WIR-Wisconsin-Iowa-Wrestling-02_

In football, the most functional jersey would be hard to grab (very tight and without seams) and just large enough to cover the shoulder pads.

This guy.....

All that crap that Adidas (and Nike, Under Armor and everyone else) spews out about their uniforms this dudes buying.

These UCLA Uni's are hideous beyond belief. :censored: Adidas and what they've done to sports uniforms

Wow, this just looks unprofessional. Everything about the design looks like an alternate uniform, but this the official home set. There's just nothing else to say, it's alright for a alternate, but just bad for the home.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Hate it. Looks like a basketball net is draped over the jersey. God awful template.

Please UCLA leave the Clarendon numbers, extend the stripe and call it a day\

If only they would switch to Nike or UA

I like this set. I'm all for new looks and different styles, sure the tire tread pattern is a overused, but you won't see it when watching a game and the players won't be staring at the uniforms the whole time either. I normally don't like adidas football, but this is a pretty sharp, modern, and simple at the same time uniform. I don't know how old some of you guys are, but this is what the young players want, the players don't want to have to wear the same uniforms year after year, they want modern styles and different combos to wear from week to week. Now, is it the best uniform? No. The worst? No. It is a good uniform, not great but far from bad.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Except that the tire tread pattern is clearly visible on TV except on the white jerseys. Now there is even more tire tread pattern than there was before, ridiculous looking sliced up stripes and numbers, and the stripes are at a weird angle not going straight down like they should but instead pointing towards the center. And you can't say young players want new looks when Alabama continues to get the best players in the nation every year. And Oregon still doesn't get great recruits when they have 1838593626485 different combos of new uniforms every year.

Facing 0-1, Adidas swings and its a miss, and now Adidas is facing an 0-2 count.

On a more serious note, with Michigan returning to the Swoosh, does Adidas try to push one more ugly uniform on them?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Facing 0-1, Adidas swings and its a miss, and now Adidas is facing an 0-2 count.

On a more serious note, with Michigan returning to the Swoosh, does Adidas try to push one more ugly uniform on them?

doubt it, i see it as more of a lame duck year where they won't try at all, they will instead push the ideas to their other schools.

I'm going to chime in on this considering I actually wear a tech fit jersey in games.

1. Yes they are extremely hard to grab on to.

2. The tire tread is only noticeable from a foot away.

3. They are extremely light and they don't get heavy when it rains.

4. They vent really well.

They make look hideous to you guys but as someone who actually wears the uniform it is one of the best on the market.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Not saying I like the uniform (the longer stripes are an improvement, however), but I think I might have a theory on the cut-out pattern in the stripes and numbers. Since it looks they're using printed applications, are the lines so that the printed graphics don't tear? The jersey is a skin tight, stretch material and I would imagine the numbers and stripes stiffen up the material in those spots. Perhaps by having those stripes in the printing, it still allows the jersey to stretch without tearing the graphic? This is different than the stitched applications since they can use a similar stretchy material.

Archived