Arizona Diamondbacks Concept - Green, Brown, and Sand

martymcfry

After the success of my New York Mets concept, and Inkscape going back to normal, I decided to try another team. Behold, the Arizona Diamondbacks (No, not D-Backs)

JHiY96x.png

All right, so I showed the logo first because, as you can see, it's quite a bit changed. The color scheme is now green, brown, and sand. Since the Diamondbacks have used another color scheme - purple, green, and sand - with the same logo, I did some looking around for other ideas for the logo. I came across a green, brown, and sand logo made by Tim E O'Brien. Credit goes to him for thinking up the color scheme.

Now, of course, the uniforms

z1PpuG7.pngmMhtFmT.pngCkpkzzm.pngugWuTGa.png

I think the Diamondbacks are a swing and miss with their uniforms. Their cap logo is bad, and they call themselves the D-Backs. My response is to eliminate all logo except for the A and the road wordmark. Brown and green is split evenly, right down the middle. Since sand is officially a color, I made the home set sand. It's also an accent color. I also recolored the logo on the green jersey to make it more visible. This was a fun one. Enjoy!

I'm not such a fan of the color scheme. It has a Northwest/Northwoods feel, to me. Pushing the green towards a teal would bring in some of the history of the team. That would likely impact the other shades you use.

rATMcmK.png

Love the color scheme, but I agree that it needs some livening up. Try some stripe patterns on the socks, you could make something really interesting with these colors.

Although, this still suffers from what hurts the Diamondbacks the most - that font. Try using the old "Arizona" they used, I think that would improve this a lot.

Personally, I liked the purple, teal and black color scheme that they had in the past. However, I do love the "A" on the cap instead of the "D" they have now. I think it needs a sleeve patch as well. A modern version of the snake head with the baseball that they used in the past would be cool.

Personally, I liked the purple, teal and black color scheme that they had in the past.

I'm not such a fan of the color scheme. It has a Northwest/Northwoods feel, to me. Pushing the green towards a teal would bring in some of the history of the team. That would likely impact the other shades you use.

I can see where you're going there, but I disagree. The color scheme is the heart and soul of the concept, and to change it would be to basically redo the entire concept.

As for those asking for a sleeve patches, because of the way the template is layed out I won't be able to add any. I'll add stripes in an update though, as well as brown socks.

Personally, I liked the purple, teal and black color scheme that they had in the past.

I can see where you're going there, but I disagree. The color scheme is the heart and soul of the concept, and to change it would be to basically redo the entire concept.

As for those asking for a sleeve patches, because of the way the template is layed out I won't be able to add any. I'll add stripes in an update though, as well as brown socks.

What do you mean you can't put the patch on? Do you know how to crop images in inkscape?

u3J7jjd.png

What do you mean you can't put the patch on? Do you know how to crop images in inkscape?

I guess not. I usually do the division thing to get it to cut off right, but the outline is its whole own layer and I can't use division on it.

I guess not. I usually do the division thing to get it to cut off right, but the outline is its whole own layer and I can't use division on it.

You can just draw a shape using the bezier curve tool around the part you want to keep, then go to Object> Clip> Set and it will crop the image. That's what I use all the time.

u3J7jjd.png

You can just draw a shape using the bezier curve tool around the part you want to keep, then go to Object> Clip> Set and it will crop the image. That's what I use all the time.

Okay thanks. I'll get to using that.

Archived