NBA Redesign (NEW PRESENTATION; Portland Added)

macalesterscots

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, I'm going to add the Pistons onto here.

DETROIT PISTONS

I like Detroit's current look, but portions of it can look generic; also, only one shade of blue is necessary in my humble opinion. Their primary logo in particular tends to look really boring; you could slap any other wordmark on there and with some color alterations, the Pistons logo could suddenly become any other basketball team. To remedy this, I added two pistons to the upper corners, imagining the basketball as the engine with the pistons coming out of the top. This adds a little more distinctiveness to the logo and for the first time since the Fort Wayne days, they will have a logo with actual pistons on it! The uniforms stay mostly the same, with changes to the striping occurring on the away jersey and pistons making another appearance on the alt shorts.

fukEdap.png

And those are the Pistons; would like some input on how the logo looks and, of course the uniforms. Thanks and I hope you have a tolerable day

And I'm back with my Golden State Warriors concept.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Not too many changes here, as the Warriors have one of the best uniform sets in the league (when they aren't wearing sleeves at least). I fixed what I think is the most glaring mistake with their uniforms, namely the Copperplate font. It has been replaced by the FAU font. The alternate uniform takes cues from this uniform, which was worn during the early 70's and matches the style of uniform they had worn for the better part of two decades.

ycdSKPD.png

I've got a couple more teams finished so I'll be adding those sometime in the upcoming week. This week looks to be pretty busy with school so we'll see how things go; might finish up a few more teams beyond that.

And that'll do it. As always, I would appreciate some C&C on the Warriors or any other team in the series thus far. Would love to hear some comments to help me better hone my craft. Okay, thanks. Bye.

Giving this a bump for some more C&C. I appreciate the supportive comments from everybody, but I struggle to believe that there isn't anything in the concepts on which I can improve. Surely there must be something (and yes, I did just call you Shirley).

Seriously. If I thought there was something wrong with Golden State, I'd tell you. I don't see a single thing wrong here.

Giving this a bump for some more C&C. I appreciate the supportive comments from everybody, but I struggle to believe that there isn't anything in the concepts on which I can improve. Surely there must be something (and yes, I did just call you Shirley).

Seriously. If I thought there was something wrong with Golden State, I'd tell you. I don't see a single thing wrong here.

I second that

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

the warriors set is amazing. however, I will second the comment that the numbers in the circle look a little crammed. besides that, and that is nitpicky, the warriors are incredilble. honestly, the only set i've had any problem with is the nets... it just looks awkward. great work!

Yeah, I see the numbers do look a little crammed. That may be an inherent problem with putting numbers inside the logo like that, but I nevertheless shrunk them a little bit in the original post. I also noticed I was using a different font in the logo under the alternate uniform, so I fixed that as well.

And with that, I'm moving on to the Houston Rockets!

HOUSTON ROCKETS

Their current look is okay, but it's nothing special. Like many others, I much prefer their Olajuwon-era uniforms to the current ones, so the uniforms are very much a refresh of those with the slanted wordmark on the jerseys and the red/yellow color scheme. The font is BradleyU. I went a little bit out there with the shorts, using the contrail from their jetpack logo. While I don't have a representation of the back of the shorts, the red striping would continue around to the other side where another rocket will be blasting off. The logo is also new; I figured since the other two Texas teams don't represent their state at all with their logos, I see no reason why Houston can't. Again the jetpack contrail makes an appearance, with the rocket blasting off from the location of Houston.

TIAX2TN.png

And those are the Rockets. I hope you find these concepts out of this world, but my Apollo-gies if you don't. Also, I hate myself for just making those puns. C&C appreciated as always; Pacers should be up sometime soon. Ciao

Yeah, I see the numbers do look a little crammed. That may be an inherent problem with putting numbers inside the logo like that, but I nevertheless shrunk them a little bit in the original post. I also noticed I was using a different font in the logo under the alternate uniform, so I fixed that as well.

And with that, I'm moving on to the Houston Rockets!

HOUSTON ROCKETS

Their current look is okay, but it's nothing special. Like many others, I much prefer their Olajuwon-era uniforms to the current ones, so the uniforms are very much a refresh of those with the slanted wordmark on the jerseys and the red/yellow color scheme. The font is BradleyU. I went a little bit out there with the shorts, using the contrail from their jetpack logo. While I don't have a representation of the back of the shorts, the red striping would continue around to the other side where another rocket will be blasting off. The logo is also new; I figured since the other two Texas teams don't represent their state at all with their logos, I see no reason why Houston can't. Again the jetpack contrail makes an appearance, with the rocket blasting off from the location of Houston.

HOME

U3Enpww.png

ROAD

U762a9K.png

ALTERNATE

BhxsfLj.png

And those are the Rockets. I hope you find these concepts out of this world, but my Apollo-gies if you don't. Also, I hate myself for just making those puns. C&C appreciated as always; Pacers should be up sometime soon. Ciao

Huge upgrade. Nothing too fancy cept the Cool rocket on the shorts but not too simple. Classic but modern look.
shado_logo.gif

Archived