NFL Concepts - Just a few (Atlanta Back View Fixed)

martymcfry

I didn't want to start a full-up NFL redesign, but I wanted to showcase a few concepts. Here's my first NFL Inkscape concept:

mRES3p6.png

There's nothing huge here. The Bills already have great look, so a big change-up wasn't necessary. I added a red helmet. I also fixed the tapered stripe on the helmet. Thanks to PaperThin for showing me how to make the stripes, and to mattb for sharing the template. The Giants are next, and since everyone knows I hate the Giants, I'll have something different in store for them. Beyond... I don't know, but I'll decided once I finish the Giants. Enjoy!

EDIT: Added a poll to let you guys decide. Dallas, Denver, Arizona, or Atlanta. Have at it

Buffalo Bills

New York Giants

Atlanta Falcons

Pro Bowl

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing too groundbreaking, but it's a very clean set. I wish the NFL had a multi helmet rule, because that wouldn't do this set justice. Maybe a red belt on the blue pants?

Don't worry, the Giants will get mixed up. This just happened to be the team I clicked for no apparent reason :upside: . The red belt would be a good idea... so far the Cardinals are winning the vote. The Cowboys are the only team with no votes.

All right guys, I've had a bit of a speed bump here... Inkscape gave me a "Fatal Error" warning and then shut down, and the saved page was erased of everything it had on it, so now I've lost all progress on the Giants. They were actually almost finished when it shut down... I'll have to retry this. Inkscape is giving me quite a bit of problems lately.

And I'm starting the poll in the Polls forum, so please go vote there instead of here.

Can San Francisco be added

No, but I'll consider them for the next batch after whoever wins this one.

Just a poll update, this is becoming popular. Already I've got 16 votes, with 6 of them going for Atlanta, 5 for Arizona, 3 for Denver, and 1 for Dallas.

Make the stripes always red, but with differing outlines. Right now, if you try and picture the red helmet, the color balance is terrible.

Actually, I tried a red/blue/white combo and it's fine.

Buffalo Bills Update:

QyTQLXC.png

Just a quick one: the belts on the blue pants are now red.

And now, onto the Giants...

New York Giants

BdpvHVr.png

Everyone knows I hate the Giants, so I revamped them. I like the BYU type striping they use on the road jersey, so I took off with it. I used it on the helmet, jersey, and pants. I brought back the red jerseys, and kept the gray pants but demoted them to alternate while the white ones take the primary spot. This is a big change, and I'm not sure how it will be taken, but I personally like it. Enjoy!

PS the Falcons have won the vote. I'll be doing them next. The new candidates are: Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, and Detroit.

I really like what you did with the Giants, I think the striping is a definite upgrade. It would be a little weird to see them in white pants, but I think it could look nice. The blue jersey collar is a little weird, looks like a minor graphical error (unless that was intentional).

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

I really like what you did with the Giants, I think the striping is a definite upgrade. It would be a little weird to see them in white pants, but I think it could look nice. The blue jersey collar is a little weird, looks like a minor graphical error (unless that was intentional).

Uhhh yeah that was unintentional.

EDIT:

odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants_2014110

I love the white pants.

I'm sorry, but the Giants just don't look good.

Some suggestions

• Please, PLEASE get rid of all wordmarks on the jersey and pants
  • If you're dead set on the NW stripe, you went a little overboard. Leave the helmet, pants, and socks out of it
  • I would leave the away jersey the way the team uses it now
  • Match number color to stripe color

Just my 2 cents

I didn't want to start a full-up NFL redesign, but I wanted to showcase a few concepts. Here's my first NFL Inkscape concept:

mRES3p6.png

There's nothing huge here. The Bills already have great look, so a big change-up wasn't necessary. I added a red helmet. I also fixed the tapered stripe on the helmet. Thanks to PaperThin for showing me how to make the stripes, and to mattb for sharing the template. The Giants are next, and since everyone knows I hate the Giants, I'll have something different in store for them. Beyond... I don't know, but I'll decided once I finish the Giants. Enjoy!

EDIT: Added a poll to let you guys decide. Dallas, Denver, Arizona, or Atlanta. Have at it

Buffalo Bills

New York Giants

I'd like to see all the Bills' red stripes flare on the ends like the stripe on the buffalo.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived