Florida State Hockey Concept (UPDATED 1/17)

seangilman

I was bored today after class & I decided to make a Florida State hockey concept. Unfortunately FSU doesn't have an NCAA sponsored hockey team but we can dream right? Thought it turned out alright. And yes I know they are similar to the football uniforms. I like the idea of an over-arching identity for schools.

DISCLAIMER: I don't pay much attention to hockey so I'm not totally sure how people usually view uniforms and what looks good/bad. I just thought these looked nice and figured I'd share.

Edits 1/17/15:

Shifted sleeve pattern & number down the sleeve, no more shoulder numbers

changed logo on black jersey

changed pattern colors on white & black jersey

added captain's C

moved Nike logo to the appropriate side

swapped white & garnet jersey (I was informed wearing white at home was common for NCAA teams)

debated adding shoudler logo, seemed too busy to me.

Home (can't decide between these two):

u1HIhSC.jpg OR E1qIPeq.jpg

Away:

RMeUwNd.jpg

Alternate:

Xm668Dq.jpg

4lDRVte.jpg

Shoulder numbers are a no no in hockey. Replace those with the diagonal FSU logo. Move down the numbers to where they are on the sleeve. Also im not to sure i like the pattern as high as it is on the home jersey, but I like it on the away and third jersey. Cool concept tho.

Also make the numbers on the home jersey gold with a white outline.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

This is cool, but there's a few things to fix:

- TV Numbers are on the high sleeves. You placed them where the shoulder patches would go.

- Make the design lower on the sleeves.

- Bring the logo in-front of the shadow layer. In this case it looks printed.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I'm not so sure that would be a good idea on the white jersey. :P

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Didn't you see when I said home jersey

NCAA teams wear white at home. That's why I added the :P.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yet he labeled the maroon jersey as the home jersey, so he is in the right sense.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Shoulder numbers are a no no in hockey. Replace those with the diagonal FSU logo. Move down the numbers to where they are on the sleeve. Also im not to sure i like the pattern as high as it is on the home jersey, but I like it on the away and third jersey. Cool concept tho.

appreciate the feedback! Didn't know that about the shoulder numbers. I'll have to update it later

Are you going to take requests for other teams

wasn't planning on it, but what the hell...who are you looking for?

This is cool, but there's a few things to fix:

- TV Numbers are on the high sleeves. You placed them where the shoulder patches would go.

- Make the design lower on the sleeves.

- Bring the logo in-front of the shadow layer. In this case it looks printed.

thanks for the feedback! I had no idea that high tv numbers were a no-no in hockey (I don't watch much, admittedly). I'm gonna play around with it later and see if I can change things up a bit. Having the logo look screenprinted I feel looks more realistic than just as a .jpg on the jersey, but I would like to try to make an twill/embroidered look.

I think since it's a nike temp that's why the numbers and stripes are so high. With that in mind I'd say it works.

Actually not a Nike template, just one that I found online and threw a nike logo on (since FSU is a Nike school)

was not aware NCAA hockey wore white at home! I'll have to change that when I update these. Thanks for catching that

4lDRVte.jpg

i dont know the traditional "rules" of hockey design either, but it all looks good to me. im not a fan of the black jersey though, but thats just a personal color preference. but maybe you can make that one a little more different; try adding the FSU monogram to the front instead of the primary logo

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I like this a lot! What if for the white jersey you went with the garnet-trimmed option but had the garnet cut off below the stripes? (Rather than extend all the way to the hem/cuffs.)

I think it'd fix the problem I see (too much garnet, or not enough garnet.)

I also think it'd be neat if the black jersey had an inline on the numbers (like the "C" and "FSU" logo.) It might help the numbers standout, and add a tad more uniqueness to the alternate.

Well done.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Great update, but with all of the logos in the front it seems pretty busy.

yeah I agree, but after looking at some Big Ten sweaters, they're mostly all like this. and a normal non-captain player wouldn't have the C.

I like this a lot! What if for the white jersey you went with the garnet-trimmed option but had the garnet cut off below the stripes? (Rather than extend all the way to the hem/cuffs.)

I think it'd fix the problem I see (too much garnet, or not enough garnet.)

I also think it'd be neat if the black jersey had an inline on the numbers (like the "C" and "FSU" logo.) It might help the numbers standout, and add a tad more uniqueness to the alternate.

Well done.

hmm maybe I'll tinker with that but I'm pretty satisfied with this update. As for the black one, I like keeping things pretty streamlined so I would stick with the same numbers as the rest. Every FSU sport has the same number font.

4lDRVte.jpg

Archived