Big 12 Football Adidas Take Over

ctmorse

Could we see some side views (at least of the helmets) and road uniforms?

What I like:

Texas and Baylor sets; Kansas, K-St., Iowa St., and TCU uniforms

What I dislike:

Facemask stripes and designs (ISU), black on WVU, Oklahoma chest logo, oversized pistol Pete (ok st), Texas Tech helmet stripe

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Nice presentation of this view of the tire track template, but I agree with the previous poster that we could really use some side views of the helmets at least, since it seems like you're doing some interesting stuff there (especially with Kansas). Also, are you going to be doing road and alternate uniforms as well?

Here's some random feedback:

• What's up with Iowa State's facemask? What were you going for?
  • Same question as above but for Kansas's facemask
  • With Texas Tech and TCU it's at least obvious that you're going for the Oregon State continue-the-helmet-stripe-down-the-facemask, but this seems like a very Nike thing; has Adidas done anything similar/been known for it?
  • Not sure why, of all the schools, you chose one of the most traditional ones to go 90s big logo + asymmetric number with Oklahoma
  • Does TCU ever emphasize Texas Christian that much? Not used to seeing it displayed so prominently
  • Also, why does TCU have Northwestern undersleeve stripes in Northwestern colors?

I dig your Baylor and Kansas (well, not sure about that helmet yet) designs, but I'm not really sold on the rest

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I believe that the Iowa state facemask is supposed to say ISU and the Kansas one is meant to mimic the beak of a bird. I'm not a fan of these, but I don't like facemask designs period. From what I can see, I do really like the rest of the Iowa state concept, I'm reserving judgement on Kansas until I can see the rest of the helmet.

4vAzk2u.png

Thank you guys for the responses!

To answer some of your questions, I am going to be completing the side views hopefully this weekend.

Kansas: The yellow on the facemask is indeed symbolizing the beak of the Jayhawk.

Oklahoma: I wanted to do something along the same lines that Adidas has been doing with powerhouses such as Michigan and Nebraska. With that I also wanted to use the 1929-1930 uniform as inspiration. It has always caught my eye. f9844a65a2a82e8425881d53f206821a.jpg

ISU: the fasmask does say ISU

TCU: Personally I am not a huge fan of the ultra modern Frogskin design of today. Strictly from a personal opinion I thought it would be good to see a return to the traditional days of the university when the team won the national championship in 1938. Back then the school was often referred to as Texas Christian rather than TCU. Nonetheless there are modern design elements such as the continued facemask stripe. I was unsure about the stripe design due to the same reason (Northwestern). I have another design that I think might be a better solution.

1683925.54bb2133cfea9.jpg

551965.gifou_100best_logo.jpg

BOOMER! & Thunder Up!

I really like TCU's uniform set, and I believe its one of the best modern sets in college football. However, your set is right up there with it IMO. I think the omission of the facemask stripe is a huge improvement, especially if you are going for a more traditional uniform. I agree that the full name "Texas Christian" isn't used as much today, but I understand that you are adding that for historical purposes.

4vAzk2u.png

Archived