infrared41

Round V.

I. According to NFL.com, I am one of 26 players who were qualified to make this transition.

II. Of the 26, I am one of just three to have Super Bowl rings.

III. These days, I guess they'd change my name to Wizard.

IV. Two of my teammates became head coaches. They made three Super Bowls as head coach.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullet Bob Hayes

We have a winner. Bob Hayes it is.

I. According to NFL.com, 26 Olympians have played in the NFL. Bob Hayes represented the U.S. at the 1964 Olympics. He won two gold medals. I'm reasonably sure all 26 Olympians/NFL players had to qualify for the Olympics.

II. Bob Hayes (Cowboys), Michael Carter (49ers), and Willie Gault (Bears) are former Olympians who played on Super Bowl winning teams.

III. Having a little fun with the PC Police. As cmm pointed out, Hayes was known as "Bullet." The clue was a reference to the Washington Bullets changing their name to the Wizards.

IV. Mike Ditka and Dan Reeves were Hayes' teammates with the '71 Cowboys. Ditka coached the Bears to the Super Bowl. Reeves coached the Broncos and Falcons to the Super Bowl.

364c97f4-b0e0-4fb9-854f-f261988aefc1.jpgsb6.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round VI.

I. I am the first Florida State Seminole to receive this particular honor.

II. I might be the last Florida State Seminole to lead my team in both of these single season statistical categories.

III. In my home state, I share this honor with three NFL hall of famers.

IV. I played my entire NFL career for the same team but I ended my playing career with a different team.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Round VI.

I. I am the first Florida State Seminole to receive this particular honor.

II. I might be the last Florida State Seminole to lead my team in both of these single season statistical categories.

III. In my home state, I share this honor with three NFL hall of famers.

IV. I played my entire NFL career for the same team but I ended my playing career with a different team.

Who am I?

Fred Biletnikoff?

EDIT: Beat by a freaking minute.

spacer.png

You are Fred Biletnikoff.

He is indeed Fred Biletnikoff.

I. Biletnikoff was the first Florida State football player to be named a consensus All-American.

II. In 1963 Biletnikoff played both offense and defense for Florida State. He ended up leading the Seminoles in both receptions and interceptions. (I didn't look it up to confirm it, but my guess is he's probably one of the last players to do that at Florida State.)

III. Biletnikoff is a member of "Pennsylvania's All-Time First Team" an honor he shares with Joe Montana, Tony Dorsett, and Mike Ditka.

IV. He played 14 NFL seasons for the Raiders, but he ended his playing career with the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL.

a6a011bd-9f3b-4057-be86-8a4c51fd94ac.jpgb4e21ff1-dd3b-4c6f-9af3-af52b0c035a2.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

You are Fred Biletnikoff.

He is indeed Fred Biletnikoff.

I. Biletnikoff was the first Florida State football player to be named a consensus All-American.

I was actually going on that clue meaning he was the first Seminole elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame... but yeah, that too!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Round VII.

I. I am one of just three players who was around long enough to be able to say this about Dan Marino and Brett Favre.

II. Oddly enough, of the three players mentioned in the previous clue, two of us could very easily be confused for different NFL players.

III. I am in the top 20 all-time in a career statistical category and I once held the single season record in that category.

IV. I am a member of a Pro Football Hall of Fame...just not the one in Canton. I'm in the one they have in the state where I attended college.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Gotta be Mark Clayton.

And it is. Mark Clayton is who we were looking for.

I. Mark Clayton is one of three NFL players who can say they caught a regular season TD pass from both Dan Marino and Brett Favre. Keith Jackson and Mark Ingram are the other two.

II. Actually, all three players from the first clue could be confused for other people. We have the Ravens version of Mark Clayton, Saints RB Mark Ingram Jr. and of course legendary broadcaster, Keith Jackson.

III. According to Pro-Football-Reference.com, Clayton is18th all-time in TD receptions with 84. He held the single season TD reception record with 18. The record was broken by Jerry Rice in 1987.

IV. He is a member of the Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame. He attended Louisville.

Clayton.jpgRNFL84DOLPHINSPL-2T.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Interestingly, a review of both Brett Favre's and Dan Marino's touchdown tracker does reveal at least one more player to have caught a touchdown pass from both, and it's quite a step down from the likes of Clayton, Ingram, and Jackson.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JordCh00.htm

Charles Jordan. Damn, that would've been a real good candidate because no one would've ever figured that one out. ;)

spacer.png

Interestingly, a review of both Brett Favre's and Dan Marino's touchdown tracker does reveal at least one more player to have caught a touchdown pass from both, and it's quite a step down from the likes of Clayton, Ingram, and Jackson.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JordCh00.htm

Charles Jordan. Damn, that would've been a real good candidate because no one would've ever figured that one out. ;)

Thanks, Columbo. B)

I'm pretty sure Jordan never played in a Super Bowl. I only use players who appeared in the Super Bowl.

BB52Big.jpg

Round VIII.

I. As long as I keep my current job, I'm pretty much guaranteed to go to the Super Bowl every few years.

II. I have appeared on a wide variety of magazine covers - Time, Newsweek, Esquire, and Sports Illustrated to name a few.

III. I'm one of just three NFL players who can say they have both a Super Bowl ring and this trophy.

IV. One of the players in clue III and I played in the same Super Bowl.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived