infrared41

Round XIII.

I. I was considered the smiling version.

II. People still talk about the nightmare of a play I was a part of on Monday Night Football.

III. I still share this team's record for making the most consecutive Pro Bowls.

IV. I'm not in the Pro Football HOF (hopefully, the third time will be the charm), but my name is on a Ring of Honor.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garo Yepremian?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Garo Yepremian?

Just looked it up ... I did not realize the play was in the Super Bowl.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Steve Atwater?

Steve Atwater is who we were looking for.

I. Atwater was known as "The Smiling Assassin." Us old school guys remember Jack Tatum who was known as "The Assassin." Thus, Atwater is the "smiling version."

II. On a Monday Night Football game in 1990, Steve Atwater did this to Christian "the Nigerian Nightmare" Okoye.

III. Atwater's seven consecutive Pro Bowls as a member of the Broncos is tied with Shannon Sharpe for the most in consecutive Pro Bowl selections in franchise history.

IV. 2014 marks Atwater's third straight year as a semi-finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was added to the Broncos Ring of Fame* in 2003.

*I decided to go with Ring of Honor because Ring of Fame would have made it too easy. As far as I can tell, the Broncos are the only NFL team that refers to it as a Ring of Fame. Also, does anyone really think that the Broncos current look is better than the uniforms they're wearing in the YouTube clip?

Atwater.jpg14d497c3-3d65-4a41-8180-7f13a0490b5d.jpg02b04da3-bf49-4a29-afe1-15a7cb6b78b1.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XIV.

I. Cold Hard Football Facts considers me to be the best ever in this statistical category.

II. I am one of just two players who can say they did this in a Super Bowl.

III. I am the only player who can say he did this in consecutive Super Bowls.

IV. I am the only player who can say he pulled off this statistical rarity in a regular season game.

V. The odds of me being eligible to make the previous 4 statements have to be off the charts.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Mike Vrabel?

Damn. That was quick. Was it that obvious? Anyway, Mike Vrabel is correct.

I. Cold Hard Football Facts says that no player in NFL history has a good a record of converting recpetions to TDs as Vrabel does. Vrabel had 10 career catches - all for touchdowns.

II. Vrabel and William Perry are the only two defensive players I could find that scored TDs on offense in the Super Bowl.

III. Vrabel is the only one to do it in consecutive Super Bowls. (XXXVIII and XXXIV)

IV. According to Elias Sports Bureau, since sacks became a recorded stat, Vrabel is the only player in NFL history to record two TD catches and a sack in the same game.

V. The odds of a linebacker putting up Vrabel's receiving stats, including TD catches in consecutive Super Bowls, have to be off the charts, right?

aea02724-62ee-48e8-8e96-591025050901.jpgpatriots-super-bowl-rings.gif

BB52Big.jpg

Round XV.

I. I am one of just four NFL players who can say this.

II. I am one of just two NFL players who can say this.

III. I was on the first Super Bowl team to do this.

IV. I was asked one of the dumbest questions in the history of Super Bowl media day.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived