infrared41

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've got it, but I've made enough uneducated guesses for one night so I'll sit the rest of this one out. :)

Take a shot. If it's wrong, I'm going to end this round and try again tomorrow. You may as well take a stab at it.

BB52Big.jpg

I saw clue VI late (after guessing Warner), and my next guess would have to be Joe Montana.

Nope. Again, right position, wrong player. I'm going to call it a night. Hopefully, someone will get this one and we can start a new (and easier) round tomorrow.

BB52Big.jpg

One last shot. (I promise! :D)

Jim Plunkett?

Finally we have a winner. Jim Plunkett is correct.

I. Plunkett is one of four Heisman Trophy winners to be named Super Bowl MVP. (Roger Staubach, Marcus Allen, and Desmond Howard are the others.)

II. He and Roger Staubach are the only Heisman winners who have won more than one Super Bowl.

III. Plunkett's 1980 Raiders were the first wild card team to win a Super Bowl.

IV. Both of his parents were blind. At media day, a reporter missed part of a story Plunkett was telling about how his mother had to take care of the family after his father passed away. The reporter asked Plunkett "was it dead mother, blind father or blind mother, dead father?"

V. Nine Heisman winners have also played for a Super Bowl winning team.

VI. Roger Staubach is one of eight Heisman Trophy winners in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

081414-NFL-Los-Angeles-Raiders-Jim-Plunk35d3e9e0-58aa-4e31-bfac-9472155081fc.jpg8151a937-ae22-466c-9c0d-17f8ea536e9b.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

William "Refrigerator" Perry

Joe Kapp

One last guess....Joe Willie Namath

Not only have every single one of your guesses been wrong, they have been remarkably stupid to boot.

Take this round for example: by the time you threw out the three names, it had been established that the player was a QB who had won multiple Super Bowls.

Your first guess? A defensive lineman who has one SB ring. Guess #2? A QB who never won a Super Bowl and only played in one Super Bowl. Guess #3? Well, he does have one SB ring so there's that I guess.

Here's an idea NoJoJDHo, stick to doing what you do best, starting death threads and stealing ideas. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

Round XVI.

I. When asked what was my favorite memory of college, my response was "leaving."

II. I was involved in one of the greatest comebacks in College Football history.

III. I was pretty good off the bench in a Monday Night Football game.

IV. Thanks to a fashion choice I made on a trip to the White House, I doubt that the team I finished my career with will be inviting me to any reunions.

V. My second Super Bowl was XI years to the day after my first.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Are you Jim McMahon?

He is indeed. Put another one on the board for sc49erfan15.

I. If memory serves, it was an interview with Sports Illustrated in which he said his favorite memory of attending BYU was "leaving." (I liked the answer so much that I used it on a survey for my 20 year high school reunion.)

II. Down 41-25 with four minutes left in the game, McMahon's BYU Cougars scored three TDs, including a game winning Hail Mary, to come back and beat SMU in the 1980 Holiday Bowl.

III. In a Monday oops, it was a Thursday* Night game against the Vikings in 1985. The Bears were behind 17-9 when McMahon came in off the bench and threw TD passes on his first two attempts. The Bears went on to win the game.

IV. On a trip to the White House with the Super Bowl Champion Packers, McMahon wore his Bears jersey.

V. McMahon was a member of the 1996 Packers. The Pack won Super Bowl XXXI 11 years to the day after the Bears won Super Bowl XX.

*What can I say, it was 30 years ago. All I remember is I was watching the game. At least I knew it was a weekday game.

b2a207f5-b942-4588-9c22-0d009f5a0faa.jpg77136bff-b57c-4734-84ba-71e2a8b2bc2f.jpg6b78a8b7-a39a-4d45-bcc5-b3553bd16199.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Archived