Colorado Rapids Away Kit Ideas

Avenger

I've been kicking around a few ideas for a Rapids away kit, so I thought I'd share.

Sky Blue/Onyx Stripes
I thought the sky blue away jerseys from a few years back were pretty distinctive, but since KC's rebrand, the Rapids have moved away from them. Perhaps pairing them with their dark gray "onyx" color would be a nice way to implement the sky blue again. Plus, there's an added bonus of harking back to their black/blue striped kits of the the early-to-mid 00s.

RkfSAQj.png

Topography
Coloradans are pretty damned proud of our mountains, so I thought a subtle topographic pattern overlaid across a white to sky blue fade would be an interesting way to reference them.

whuuk6r.png

Onyx/Silver
I've always been a sucker for their dark gray, and I thought contrasting some metallic silver against it would look especially good under flood lights. Echoing the mountain peak from the crest would be a good way to add some character to it, too.

gfpFVZ4.png

Caribous Redux
The Rapids had a pretty awesome April Fool's Day gag with the old Caribous of Colorado kits last year, and it was pretty well received by the folks who knew their Denver soccer history. I thought it would be fun to explore a kit that paid homage to the old NASL franchise, minus any actual fringe.

d8ftOMT.png

20th Anniversary Kit
As the Rapids prepare for their 20th season, I thought a kit that borrowed from their past identities would be a nice way to celebrate. I've taken green and waves from some of their earlier kits, and paired them with black and royal from their second identity.

Z3h6ITh.png

Loving the Caribou fauxback! That's a great way to modernize the look. The onyx/silver is sexy too, but it kind of reminds me too much of Toronto FC's change kit from this past season.

The onyx/silver is sexy too, but it kind of reminds me too much of Toronto FC's change kit from this past season.

For sure... In fairness, I designed these before last year's jerseys came out. (Hence the lack of sponsor on the jerseys.)

The Topography is far and away the winner for me.

Although you would have the sponsor to consider, I might even have the blue creep up a little more so the pattern is more noticeable. Not that many players do anymore, but if he tucks in the shirt, it could get lost.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer FederationΒ | Complete: World Football Club AllianceΒ | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled:Β MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived