NBA Urban (31/30)

Jordyhazy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those urban looks are very cool. I also think they fit very well into the image of backyard basketball. I don't think a sport like football would send out the same "vibe".

I think those would look great on white t-shirts!

Good job. I think you finally understand what the rest of us have been suggesting. The last two have looked a lot better than the previous ones. The edges are blurry; I assume you are taking two-color logos and using the magic wand to delete the black or white part. It would definitely look sharper if you can manipulate vectors, but if that isn't possible for you, these are at least looking much better.

award%20sig.png

Hate to point it out but these designs aren't original at all. They look relatively similar to my Oregon and Denver Broncos design used on my Redbubble profile.

24mb885.jpg

11ub1w4.jpg

Or maybe you felt inspired by Rachel Smith artwork on Behance?

hu515y.jpg

Didn't think anyone was going to find out huh lol

I never knew those existed so don't make it out like I'm copying because I'm not ok. And most of those look completely different to mine so don't try and take credit for something because I have been making these since I knew what Photoshop was and if you don't mind be asking but can you send me the link to your red bubble profile

nluY0f4.jpg

a5ooCru.jpg

Ku1MC5F.jpg

l1jkytP.jpg

Hate to point it out but these designs aren't original at all. They look relatively similar to my Oregon and Denver Broncos design used on my Redbubble profile.

24mb885.jpg

11ub1w4.jpg

Or maybe you felt inspired by Rachel Smith artwork on Behance?

hu515y.jpg

Didn't think anyone was going to find out huh lol

So you're telling me that a cut out of a logo with an image behind it is an 'original' idea? I guess murder-mysteries are too then...

Nobody stole your idea. They don't even look the same. Don't come into someone else's thread pointing fingers and making yourself look like a fool.

Make a new thread for each league. And yours aren't that similar to Vegasboy217, just keep working on yours and don't mind him. He seems to think that any concept that looks similar to something that he can make too is bad or stolen from him.

It looks like you were having some trouble trying to figure out what parts should be black or white in the OKC logo. Do you want me to send you a PM of all the NBA team logos that are the official black and white versions?

JeKhnr9.png

IryeVaz.jpg

This is the minnesota skyline I hope you enjoy

Sorry I posted this before your post came up

This needs to be more of the style as opposed to just overlaying the skyline in the logo. Examine each logo, figure out where certain colors/elements can be used to show the City. Then size the background image to fill that "negative" space.

I could careless if you made these. The thing that got me upset is the fact that Thecargeek told TCutt if he had your permission to do his own version of these when clearly there is nothing special about them and you had the balls to tell him to stop doing them. Pssh as if.

And to they may not look the same but the concept is the same and seeing as how I did these designs back in 2012, I think I have the right to call these my own since there hasn't been anything similar done since. I could careless about what you're doing but discouraging others from doing something so ordinary thats where I have a problem thus me calling you out on your b.s.

OK I'll cover concepts first, copyright second.

I've been watching this series from a distance for a while and I gotta say I'm impressed with the progress you've made. You're definitely creating stuff on your iPad that's a lot cooler and more well done than anything I could do with my iPad. If you want to try and do something with the computer and work with vectors (which is a good step to take once you get the hang of it), there are a couple of free programs that come to mind, particularly Inkscape. Just be careful with what you chose to be the background images. Research the cities a little, try to get a feel of what the city is like. If possible, ask people that are from those areas to get an idea about what could work well with the logo. I research cities and ask people that live around these cities for concept ideas. On the logos you've posted already, I would like to especially compliment you on the one you made for the Suns, although I think it may look better if you used a picture with a little more orange and a little less green and purple. Sacramento I feel could have something different (maybe the Capitol Building? do a little research and see what you find). And when you eventually get to the LA teams, I'd really like it if you used something that wasn't the Hollywood sign. As an Angeleno I can tell you we have more landmarks than that.

For the whole issue with "owning" a certain design idea, it's pretty simple. Making a logo transparent to put it onto a background has been done by many people before either of you two. An example would be this background design for Hull City AFC (link because putting the image in here won't work): http://expedino.com/hull-city-logo-sport-hd-wallpapers-desktop/ Another example would be this tattoo someone got of the New York Yankees monogram featuring many different landmarks of NYC:
jacki121804d.jpg

So by that definition, if these two were made before either of you made those designs, you could both be approached by someone who made something similar and accused of theft. But you haven't. Why? As I said, anyone can make these logos, heck I could boot up my program and make one right now if I wanted to. No one "owns" the idea of a transparent logo on a city background, so anyone, if they so wish, can make them. If you wanted to "own" the idea, you'd have to file copyrights and such and it's a whole mess, not to mention that there is an infinitesimal chance that it would be accepted. Besides, how would he know that you made those designs before he did? I would not have found your Redbubble account if you hadn't provided those images for me to reverse image search (on a side note nice Kershaw and Scully designs). Claiming that you "own" this concept without the means to have it either easily accessible or copyrighted is the equivalent of putting a clause in a contract which is colored RGB 254 254 254 compared to the paper's 255 255 255.

So in summary, keep up the improvements Jordy, and while neither of you technically "own" the idea of these concepts since they're so simple that anyone can do it, that's totally okay. That's the beauty of it. You give two designers the same concept to work on and the odds are that they'll each create something totally different from the other. Just look at all the league redesigns you see on this board - everyone has different ideas on what would work for whomever.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived