--FORUM RULES VIOLATION -- (NFL helmet redesigns)

wveelo24

Denver Broncos

PSmJwp9.jpg

This Broncos logo is mine.

You should probably site who you're stealing work from. Just sayin' it's not cool, even if you don't know who you got it from, just put an asterisk next to the design or something.

I said twice in this thread that I take no credit for any of these logo's. I am not passing them off as my own. Yes I am using logo's that I have found that work great for concepts and rebrands. I have also stated that if anyone has created a logo that I "BORROWED", feel free to comment and I will post a comment giving credit to that persons design. If they do not want their logo used, I will discontinue using that logo. Logo's are used, borrowed, alternated in some way all the time. I see people on here all the time using logo's that are copyrighted and using them for rebrands and tweaks. However, just to make you happy, I will edit my posts from now on with the source of the logo I used.

Denver Broncos

PSmJwp9.jpg

This Broncos logo is mine.

You should probably site who you're stealing work from. Just sayin' it's not cool, even if you don't know who you got it from, just put an asterisk next to the design or something.

I said twice in this thread that I take no credit for any of these logo's. I am not passing them off as my own. Yes I am using logo's that I have found that work great for concepts and rebrands. I have also stated that if anyone has created a logo that I "BORROWED", feel free to comment and I will post a comment giving credit to that persons design. If they do not want their logo used, I will discontinue using that logo. Logo's are used, borrowed, alternated in some way all the time. I see people on here all the time using logo's that are copyrighted and using them for rebrands and tweaks. However, just to make you happy, I will edit my posts from now on with the source of the logo I used.

Yeah but dude read the rules that have been shown to you twice now and are about to be shown to you again:

*If a user posts a concept using uncredited artwork he/she did not design, the thread will be deleted immediately.

*Additionally, concepts that are posted using artwork that another CCSLC member created will be deleted immediately unless permission has been explicitly granted by the user that created the artwork.

That is directly from the forum guidelines. You need to read those. That logo isn't yours, it's designed by a CCSLC user and you did not have permission. Using an official team logo is an exception, but using a logo someone on the boards designed is not.

I can't think of any case in which a wordmark looks good on a helmet. You did that several times and it does not look good on any of them. That is just an opinion of personal artistic preference and some constructive criticism.

The using of other people's logos as it pertains to what's allowed in accordance to the forum guidelines, is not an opinion, it's a fact that has been stated now a few times. If you went through the trouble of finding these logos the least you could do it cite them as you use them.

Your work is clean looking and doesn't looked "rushed" per say. It just looks like you took ideas that were well thought out by others and mashed them together to make a bunch of helmets that aren't an improvement over what the teams have currently. Doing a wild helmet design that you saw another team do isnt "creative" just because it's more outlandish than what the team has now, it's lazy. The Titans comes to mind, a clear rip off of a helmet that was great and inspired in its original iteration, but has since been robbed of that creative purity by simply being re colored. The designers of that Navy helmet were inspired by what they saw when they looked into the culture of Navy, got sparked creatively and came up with something so great because it was so simple and obvious we couldn't believe no one else thought of it before. Now it's just an overused stripe design because it looks cool and different so it must be "creative". People laugh at Nike all the time for these ridiculous, lame, forced design ideas they push on us via their marketing squad (ie the tusks on the UWash jerseys) but atleast they try to give some reason to what they're doing.

Just my 2¢

Archived