Houston NHL Project (Aeros)

Htown1141

1) Don't edit the original post - we can't see the original color schemes, basically making half of these replies useless.

2) If you are going to do a Houston concept, have fun and pick a few different team names. Make different concepts and hold another vote. There's more to Houston (TX) than cows and space tech. Just saying...

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1) Don't edit the original post - we can't see the original color schemes, basically making half of these replies useless.

2) If you are going to do a Houston concept, have fun and pick a few different team names. Make different concepts and hold another vote. There's more to Houston (TX) than cows and space tech. Just saying...

You may be right, but where else would a name like Astros work? Only other place I can think of is Florida, maybe the Southwest as well because Roswell.

It's either the Houston Aeros or nothing. The name Aeros represents hockey success in Houston. And since the AHL team left the name when they moved to Iowa, I'm sure anybody wanting to bring an NHL team there would be free to use the name.

Here are some 80s inspired logos for a team.

Old WHA colors:

Houston%20Aeros%20logo%201.png

Houston Oilers inspired colors:

Houston%20Aeros%20logo%202.png

And a Houston Orange, Texas red color combo:

Houston%20Aeros%20logo%203.png

Agreed that the logo is too long, and also agree that the ship on the second logo is great. Turned one way, it's longhorns. Turned the opposite way, it's an A.

What if you made the Texearth a lot smaller, and have the ship fly first downward in its orbit to where by the time it emerges on the other side of the planet, it's going at a more upwards angle?

I tried to make it like a "Keep moving forward" type deal, but i never really thought of what you guys are saying. I will also edit the original post back, and I will keep working on the logo. Thanks for C&C, Keep it coming please! :)

The colors chosen would definitely work for me.

I was very young but have fond memories of the old WHA Gordie Howe-era Aeros (started my lifelong hockey infatuation) as well as the later minor league versions. While the name Aeros has nostalgic value & is pretty solid, I'd rather a new direction be taken if Les Alexander ever got off his arse & got us an NHL club.

The aforementioned Copperheads isn't bad ...although I think copper trim would need to be added to the palette. Perhaps Cottonmouths (Moccasins) could be another reptilian option.

I've always liked Outlaws as a western-themed option. Also, Generals ...in reference to Sam Houston. Would Buffaloes be ruled out because of the Sabres? It would be a nice dual-tie-in with Buffalo Bayou & the first (I believe) pro team in the city, the old Texas League baseball team.

The oil industry doesn't provide too many good options for me: Wildcatters (too obscure), Roughnecks (too close to rednecks), Drillers (bush league). I can't think of a good one. Also, I feel the space industry thing is a bit played out ...even though I work in it.

But any of those would be better than some singular name like the Lightning. I could see someone suggesting the Energy or the Humidity ...for the love of all that is holy ...NO!!!

Obviously, this is a subject near to my heart. I would buy season tickets even if they were called the Humid Space Cowboys of Energy City. Looking forward to seeing more ideas here.

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

Archived