Hand Drawn Baseball

NDFreek

I decided to stick with the green and silver colors to break away from the rest of the Pittsburgh teams. Here's the uniform set. For some reason my gray color pencil no matter how light I color comes out dark.

wings.png

As I stated earlier, I originally planned calling this team the Mallards. So I had a little fun with it and gave them a Mallards throwback

spacer.png

I decided to stick with the green and silver colors to break away from the rest of the Pittsburgh teams. Here's the uniform set. For some reason my gray color pencil no matter how light I color comes out dark.

wings.png

As I stated earlier, I originally planned calling this team the Mallards. So I had a little fun with it and gave them a Mallards throwback

Actually, the mallards fauxback is my favorite

Fear the future, envy the past

Thanks for the shoutout, NDFreek! I appreciate it!

Now to the concepts...

I really like the design of it, so you've got that down. My only advice is that the coloring could be improved upon a bit (like, coloring it in a bit darker and possibly using colored fine-tipped markers) and, if possible, it would look better scanned!

Other than that, it's a good concept! And feel free to come to me for any advice you'd need!

~ Daryl

You're still here! lol... been a long time since i checked in on here. gotta ask, are you still doing your hand drawn league?

Nice job on the Mallards throwback!

Thanks for the shoutout, NDFreek! I appreciate it!

Now to the concepts...

I really like the design of it, so you've got that down. My only advice is that the coloring could be improved upon a bit (like, coloring it in a bit darker and possibly using colored fine-tipped markers) and, if possible, it would look better scanned!

Other than that, it's a good concept! And feel free to come to me for any advice you'd need!

~ Daryl

You're still here! lol... been a long time since i checked in on here. gotta ask, are you still doing your hand drawn league?

I certainly still am! In fact, I already started a hand-drawn basketball league and hope to start a soccer league pretty soon.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Well I'm back from my 4 day retreat, and I finished another team. I like to think of this one as Pittsburgh's AAA team.

So I present to you the Texarkana Bandits!

10944581_1038591886155008_608718505_n.jp

10965600_1038591792821684_1103879535_n.j

Props to you if you understand the reference.

spacer.png

I don't get why it's a bird, is that part of the reference? Regardless, this is a fantastic logo set, excited to see the uniforms.

The car used in Smokey & The Bandit was a Pontiac Trans Am which had a fire bird on the hood.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Trans_Am_hood.jpg

spacer.png

A couple things on the primary:

1. Too much negative space on top, make everything else in the logo a little bigger so it fills the space better. In particular the sand - dog should be much bigger. It's the name of the team, it should be front and center in the logo, right now its only one element of the picture.

2. I'm not really sure how to fix this, but when I first looked at this, I saw the sand - dog's white fur as negative space between it and the hill, not as part of the animal. Enlarging it may help this, but I'll have to see.

I absolutely love the SA secondary, very clever idea with the cactus. I can see the paw print logo making a nice alternate cap. I also really like the top font, I would avoid using the cursive on the home and away, use the more unique wordmark. I do think the script could be a nice alternate though. Nicely done overall.

Are we getting bandits uniforms anytime soon?

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

A couple things on the primary:

1. Too much negative space on top, make everything else in the logo a little bigger so it fills the space better. In particular the sand - dog should be much bigger. It's the name of the team, it should be front and center in the logo, right now its only one element of the picture.

2. I'm not really sure how to fix this, but when I first looked at this, I saw the sand - dog's white fur as negative space between it and the hill, not as part of the animal. Enlarging it may help this, but I'll have to see.

I absolutely love the SA secondary, very clever idea with the cactus. I can see the paw print logo making a nice alternate cap. I also really like the top font, I would avoid using the cursive on the home and away, use the more unique wordmark. I do think the script could be a nice alternate though. Nicely done overall.

Are we getting bandits uniforms anytime soon?

Yeah the Bandits was more of a team I made messing around but I plan on making them uniforms.

I know what you mean with the Sand-Dog's logo. I think there's too much white in it. I gotta fix up the coyote too. Thanks for your continued interest in this Sparty.

spacer.png

Updated the Sand-Dogs, I wanted to incorporate a star in it, because Texas. I think I'm gonna go back to digitally making my logos too and finish off my fictional baseball league. The Steel Wings and Sand-Dogs will be members.

10961771_1040721889275341_108751122_n.jp

spacer.png

Wow! Huge improvement. I think the roundel would look better with the darkest red as a border. I also think the outline on the coyote head logos should be slightly thicker. Are the black and dark red both team colors, or are those different options? If so, I like the red better.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Archived