NFL Concepts: Time for some football concepts: Every NFL team and some alternates

Ben5

These are good concepts, but they seem nostalgic. I understand you prefer an older style, and that's fine. However some of these concepts are simply regressing to what these teams wore decades ago without bringing any creativity or any new ideas. If you're going to use this style you need to be very careful to avoid making throwbacks and not original concepts. Not trying to sound harsh, its just the fact that some of these concepts like the jets or dolphins feel like throwbacks, not primary uniforms.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are good concepts, but they seem nostalgic. I understand you prefer an older style, and that's fine. However some of these concepts are simply regressing to what these teams wore decades ago without bringing any creativity or any new ideas. If you're going to use this style you need to be very careful to avoid making throwbacks and not original concepts. Not trying to sound harsh, its just the fact that some of these concepts like the jets or dolphins feel like throwbacks, not primary uniforms.

I appreciate your feedback. Serious question: do you think the Jets' current uniforms feel like primary uniforms?

I appreciate your feedback. Serious question: do you think the Jets' current uniforms feel like primary uniforms?

I'm not really sure if the jets unis feel like primary uniforms. I guess the fact that they've had that look for a while helps there cause.

Day three!

Chicago%20Bears_zpsc13soda9.png

The Bears get a minor change. Their sleeve stripes are the same on both the home and away jerseys. That's it!

Green%20Bay%20Packers_zpsmoksdajv.png

Packers! Their sleeve stripes on the home jerseys better match their helmet and pants. On the road, the colors are switched. Otherwise, they are the same.

Minnesota%20Vikings_zpse7yidki6.png

Again, not a lot of changes here. The pants and sock stripes match the stripes on the front of the sleeves. I thought that was a good way to match them all up. Also, both the right and left numbers match.

Detroit%20Lions_zpsjlisyceo.png

The Lions drop all the black. Their striping all matches now; no extra wide stripes some places and super thin ones other places. The weird notch in their numbers are now GONE.

Day three... PART DEUX!

Houston%20Texans_zpsqisshyyf.png

Houston is limited to red topped socks. No changes otherwise.

Indianapolis%20Colts_zpsduxfxvhp.png

The Colts have some minor changes. Gone is grey facemask. Their numbers match their helmets (shoutout to 8BW14, who had a similar idea). I added a thin double stripe on the helmet instead of the single stripe. Also, I let them have blue pants.

Tennessee%20Titans_zps0mnb8tpa.png

I remove the shoulder yokes from the Titans jerseys. It's a major change, but I feel this balances the jerseys better. They are a double blue team, and I utilized both blues. They have a helmet stripe that I like.

Jacksonville%20Jaguars_zpsgvck1mas.png

This is my favorite logo for this project. It is a combination of the old Jags logo and the new one. I think I've kept the best parts of each. I vaguely remember someone doing this in the past, so props to whoever it was. If anyone can find it, please let me know. I've returned to their classic jerseys that they got rid of for no good reason.

Hit me up with comments if you so desire!

Another round!

Cleveland%20Browns_zpsdphzpsao.png

When I think of the Browns, I think of their helmet. Orange with the triple stripes. I figured that I wasn't the only one, so I made that striping the element that ties it all together. Helmet, sleeves, pants all have the stripes. I like them in white pants; the orange are too much.

Baltimore%20Ravens_zpsrcdky1du.png

My first task with the Ravens was to fix their logo. I tried dropping the "B" and adding a shadow design in there, but it didn't work. I tried merging their current logo with their old raven logo, but the motion of the old logo didn't match the current logo. I tried changing their old logo to look more like the new logo, and it looked pretty good. I decided I would stick with the old logo, make a few minor changes, and change the colors. I think it turned out well. Then came the shield. The current version have a "B" and an "R" that match the current bird logo. Instead of keeping that for no reason, I choose a new font. For a better look at that, stay tuned this weekend when I release the alternate collection. Number font is their current font, but modified. It also has a Maryland flag patter sublimated on it because people go nuts for that kind of stuff around here.

Cincinnati%20Bengals_zpsldwzlng7.png

Bengals go back to their classic 1980s look. They get a number font which matches their wordmark. The stripe inserts aren't huge on their jerseys, but they stand out.

Pittsburgh%20Steelers_zpsct1ibbt0.png

Steelers get a minor logo change. I figure if they are going to change the Steel logo in the first place, why can't it be in their colors? The facemask is grey, because, you know, steel. And their number font is not italicized. It does match the font on their helmets. Logo only on one side as usual.

Next round is coming up later this afternoon.

Very nice work all around. I'll just throw out some comments on teams on this page.

Bears: You're missing the GSH on the left (viewer's right) sleeve. I like the changes to the striping, though.

Lions: I would thicken up those stripes a little bit. It's hard to tell the pattern at that size.

Texans: I would make the pants stripe W/R/W to match the stripe on the white pants.

Jaguars: Great job on the logo. It has the depth of the current logo but the feel of the old one. Definitely an upgrade both, IMO.

Browns: I agree with sleuthpanther on the striping. On white it would look better B/O/B.

Bengals: I like that number font and the return of the old striping pattern.

Due to overwhelming demand, here are more concepts!

Tampa%20Bay_zpsnmfzcnxy.png

Tampa%20Bay%20Logo_zps0f2jfybx.png

Buccaneers have been reverted to their classic uniform that they won a Super Bowl in... except for the logo. The new pirate ship stays, and the flag has been reworked. Again, it's a combination of their new logo and the old one. I even included a large copy of the logo for your enjoyment.

New%20Orleans%20Saints_zpshtbfdgr5.png

New Orleans gets a simplified logo without 7 outlines. They return to sleeve stripes, and they get the numbers that they rejected a few years ago. No blacks mean there will be no leotard look.

Carolina%20Panthers_zpsfpehfsv2.png

For the Panthers, I wanted to keep the spirit of their current uniforms. I unified their striping and went with primarily blue numbers. I think that brings a good balance between silver, black and blue.

Atlanta%20Falcons_zpsd5rzvzfd.png

Wooooo! The Falcons look is based on their recent throwback uniforms. With the updated logo and numbers, I feel it really brings a modern feel to a classic uniform.

Denver%20Broncos_zpszqlvvrfc.png
I'm not a fan of the batwing jerseys the Broncos have now. My original idea was to update the 1966 uniforms, but they didn't look as good as what I decided on above.

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs_zpstgblqts7.png
Big change on the logo: it drops black and adds yellow. Otherwise it's the same.

Oakland%20Raiders_zpsfcaoxjxb.png
I don't like words on helmets. The Raiders get a minor change.

San%20Diego%20Chargers_zps9iiwpybt.png
San Diego. I made an attempt to work in navy blue, but it never looked as good as the classic colors scheme, sans navy. The bolt only appears on white, and always points in the same direction.

Round 8: NFC East.

Phila%20Eagles_zpsa8zqza9g.png

Philadelphia returns to the kelly green glory! Big props to ren69 for cleaning up the classic Eagles logo. This logo is based off that one. Number font is modified a little bit. The helmet wings are the same with some color changes. The new logo is below.

path3278_zpsclwvajhc.png

NY%20Giants_zpsh4a5ugoh.png

Two big changes for NYG, and both have to do with numbers. On both jerseys, their is a new number font. It matches the helmet logo. On the road jerseys, the numbers are blue. So now Big Blue has blue on both jerseys. Makes sense, right? Also, only one pair of grey pants.

Washington_zpsjkhdkfym.png

Washington gets their arrow logo back.

Dallas%20Cowboys_zpsikei0qfd.png

The Cowboys have one blue and one silver. They go back to their classic font. The stripes are all the same widths across the board.

Alright, enough of that. Look for alternates tomorrow before the Super Bowl!

Archived