World Cup o' Hockey - Belarus and France added

JCRGraphix

So for those of you not aware, there is a competition going on over at HJC for designs for the World Cup of Hockey. I already sent these in, so this isn't giving me an unfair advantage or anything, but I'm curious as to what feedback you all have for these jerseys. The rules are that you can not use any existing logo associated with the country's IIHF or hockey federation, so people are getting more creative! I'll start with team Canada and the World Stars...

For Canada, I wanted to highlight the tradition of hockey in Canada by using a very traditional look as well as an old-timey script logo. I included the national flag as well as each player's provincial flag as shoulder patches...

TEAMCANADA.png

For the World Stars, I used the actual colors of the world to make a modern design based on the cool old Astros baseball uniforms. I included each player's national flag on the back of the jersey. I also added the sometimes controversial white pants and white gloves since I actually enjoy the way they look in game...

worldstars.png

Shouldnt it be European all stars because the team is exclusively for players from Europe not from finland sweden russia and the czech republic

It's also for players from other parts of the world, ie. Kazakhstan,

Shouldnt it be European all stars because the team is exclusively for players from Europe not from finland sweden russia and the czech republic

Bettman: "In the fall of 2016, the World Cup will feature a Young Stars team made up of Canadian and American players aged 23 and under along with Team Europe, a group of all-stars from countries not represented. Those teams will compete with Canada, the United States, Russia, Sweden, Finland and the Czech Republic at the Sept. 17-Oct. 1 tournament in Toronto.

"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-announces-world-cup-of-hockey-to-return-in-2016-1.190879

Anyways, the flags would look better and more comfortable as shoulder patches

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

According to the 100's of sources I have read it is exclusively for players from european countries. Can you show me a source that says players from outside Europe can be on the team. Therefore I believe it is exclusively European team and the jerseys should reflect that

Next up is Team Russia modeled by Alexander Yeryomenko and Sergei Bobrovsky. This uniform features the national coat of arms and a Russian pattern featured as sublimation as well as the national flag as a striping pattern. I used an aged gold texture to signify that winning gold is no new thing to the Russians.

teamrussia.png

These all look good JR.

I like the classic Canadians, and the unique striping pattern you gave the Swedes is really clever.

You don't see white pants on a regular basis because they get looking pretty grubby, pretty fast.

However, for a short tourney or a one game event...why not? I think they'd look great.

The ONLY changes that I might have made would have been to leave the shoulder yoke on the US darks, the same as the whites (blue, rimmed with white stars)

and then flip the colouring on the stripes so that white separated the blue and red.

...And on Russia (the sublimation looks great), i might have had red forearms on the white jerseys to have them match the socks.

Minor stuff because these are all well done.

Good luck on the contest.

well, i can't compete with these.

Don't say that. Every designer can work up something awesome. Conversely, every designer can also crank out some straight up rubbish. I am guilty of having done that quite a bit.

Up next we have Finland. I wanted something simple, modern and bold. The lion is featured on their coat of arms, so I came up with a stylized one looking over his shoulder at Suomi (Finnish name for Finland) as if he's leading the country to victory...

teamfinland.png

Archived