Favorite Super Bowl Uniform Matchups

RockyTopper

Hello! I'm pretty new here, but I feel like this would a good first topic to start with. It didn't seem to fit in the NFL weekly uniform matchup thread, nor did I see any separate topic about it, so I thought I'd go ahead and make it myself. However, admins can feel free to merge or delete this topic if they feel like it doesn't warrant its own.

With Super Bowl fever in full swing, I was inspired by the weekly NFL uniform match-up thread to ask you this: What to you is the best Super Bowl uniform matchup of them all?

To me, it's Super Bowl XXV: Bills Vs. Giants. I love how their color schemes were effectively the same, only reversed, creating a pleasant meetup of nicely contrasting/reflecting colors. The uniforms were also very similar and complementing. I've always found Buffalo's 90s look, especially the red helmet, white jersey and white pants away combo, to be one of the better uniforms the NFL has seen.

1ypg-vertical.jpg

ICXC NIKA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, when I think Super Bowl, these games come to mind. Also liked Rams- Steelers too.

Any Dallas Cowboys-Pittsburgh Steelers matchups are classic and the first ones that come to mind when I think of my favorite SB uni matchups. Plus Super Bowl XIII is still the best Super Bowl ever.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Steelers - Cowboys was great every time, love the classic uniforms of Super Bowl IV as well.

I like Super Bowl IX a lot. You get the the purple uniforms from the Vikings, the Steelers gold pants, which works well next to either team since both of their secondary colors are gold, and the only Steelers Super Bowl of the 70's with white uniforms.

42-super-bowl-ix-pittsburgh-steelers-16-

My favorites:

Super Bowl XLI. It's a shame it had to rain that day. Two classic unis that look good together.

HdhbpUG.png

Super Bowl XXXVII looked great. Last Super Bowl to be played in daylight and it made it look even better,IMO.

fbgolsu.jpg

Another Super Bowl played in daylight, Super Bowl XXX:

LVRR8yo.jpg

We really need more west coast Super Bowls. Those late afternoon pics are the best.

Worst match-up ever was last year's. Yuck.

HhKI5g9.jpg

Super Bowl VII was one of my favorite Super Bowls mostly because of the result. ;)

super-bowl1973.jpg

However, Super Bowl XVII was my favorite Super Bowl mostly because of the uniforms (if Miami won that game, it would've been perfect...).

a_j_duhe_1983_01_30.jpg

Rams-Titans was a good looking Super Bowl and an even more incredible finish to a game.

53cf93453b3fe.preview-620.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Rams-Titans was a good looking Super Bowl and an even more incredible finish to a game.

Those Rams unis were perfect.

I'm glad Tennessee's going back to those navy jerseys as their primary home look next season. One thing that I never really understood is why the Rams changed those classic uniforms literally the season after they won the Super Bowl in them.

ICXC NIKA

Those Rams unis were perfect.

I'm glad Tennessee's going back to those navy jerseys as their primary home look next season. One thing that I never really understood is why the Rams changed those classic uniforms literally the season after they won the Super Bowl in them.

I didn't mind the switch from Royal/Yellow to Navy/Gold. I actually prefer the more "modern" colors, but I wish the Rams would have kept the same jersey template and just done a color swap.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived