Flint Tropics Hockey - OHL

Dbroalexander

Dbro...This concept is great!

An actual team with this theme would be a ton-of-fun!

Maybe Ferrell himself could drop the first puck.

...Love the alt.

I'd even offset the chest logo a tad to accomodate that beautifully cheesy front vertical stripe!

Well done!

tumblr_njlefrORIX1rtw8k3o1_1280.png

tumblr_njlefrORIX1rtw8k3o2_1280.png

tumblr_njlefrORIX1rtw8k3o3_1280.png

tumblr_njlefrORIX1rtw8k3o4_1280.png

tumblr_njlefrORIX1rtw8k3o5_1280.png

tumblr_njlefrORIX1rtw8k3o6_1280.png

tumblr_njlefrORIX1rtw8k3o7_1280.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That alternate, what an atrocity. Burn it with fire and dig it a grave. Dig it back up and hide it in a cave.

(is this what you're looking for? :) but I honestly think it fits the branding well)

That's more like it!

I really like the concept. Nice work! Couple things I would change about the alternate though. I like the curved stripes you went with but what about making the pants white and continuing the stripe down the pant leg just like the white uniform in the movie below? Also maybe you could put the Tropics wordmark on the helmet to make it a little bit different than the other white helmet.

Thought about it. Didn't like it. I found it unrealistic as well. Three helmets and two pairs of breezers (or breezer covers) seems like an unnecessary expense for a new junior team. I wanted to keep this concept somewhat realistic so it was taken seriously.

Dbro...This concept is great!

An actual team with this theme would be a ton-of-fun!

Maybe Ferrell himself could drop the first puck.

...Love the alt.

I'd even offset the chest logo a tad to accomodate that beautifully cheesy front vertical stripe!

Well done!

Thanks Sparky! Means a lot coming from you!

Your Idea of an OHL Team called the Flint Tropics after a fictional basketball team is rather impressive I love the colors,jersey and merchandise as well as the ice surface you've designed.

Not really 'my' idea, just a really popular idea that's been floated around for awhile. Thank you for the compliments!

A Ricky Bobby Night would work wonderfully with the theme of this team

No A Will Ferrell Night whould work wonderfully because the Flint Tropics OHL Team is named after a Fictional Basketball team of the Same name and because Will Ferrell starred in Semi Pro that movie with the Flint Tropics fictional basketball team.

A Ricky Bobby Night would work wonderfully with the theme of this team

No A Will Ferrell Night whould work wonderfully because the Flint Tropics OHL Team is named after a Fictional Basketball team of the Same name and because Will Ferrell starred in Semi Pro that movie with the Flint Tropics fictional basketball team.
Or have one night for each of his sports movies

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

This Thread doesn't seem to be active right now.

Well, I apologize for not commenting on my thread for 24 hours.

But as of right now it's pretty much done. It's up here for people to see. I'm sure there's some people who haven't seen it and when they do they're more than welcome to share their thoughts.

I've posted all the logos and jerseys I had in mind with some merchandise and an ice surface. I'm not going to design a logo or jersey for every Will Ferrell movie that gets suggested. There's some other stuff I want to work on first, like the WIHF Thread I'm doing with Raysox, perhaps some of the new AHL teams starting up next year, and some freelance work where I can get it.

If I find some free time and really want to add to this thread I definitely will.

This Thread doesn't seem to be active right now.

Well, I apologize for not commenting on my thread for 24 hours.

But as of right now it's pretty much done. It's up here for people to see. I'm sure there's some people who haven't seen it and when they do they're more than welcome to share their thoughts.

I've posted all the logos and jerseys I had in mind with some merchandise and an ice surface. I'm not going to design a logo or jersey for every Will Ferrell movie that gets suggested. There's some other stuff I want to work on first, like the WIHF Thread I'm doing with Raysox, perhaps some of the new AHL teams starting up next year, and some freelance work where I can get it.

If I find some free time and really want to add to this thread I definitely will.

cool with me.

28ahpn4.jpg

By all means though, if you have a good idea, and wanna throw it out there, I'll be glad to consider it for a later day, it may get the ol' idea machine of mine running and I'll come up with more for this. I just don't need people asking me if the thread is active every 12 hours....especially now since I'm saying I have nothing to post... other than this graphic I forgot about.

It's the perfect size for a Twitter header and Facebook cover. (wink wink)

I sent it out on Twitter and I'm using it as my header after TSN BarDown and some Twitter account affiliated with the OHL franchise took notice.

10986919_765165833573906_825593341982670

By all means though, if you have a good idea, and wanna throw it out there, I'll be glad to consider it for a later day, it may get the ol' idea machine of mine running and I'll come up with more for this. I just don't need people asking me if the thread is active every 12 hours....especially now since I'm saying I have nothing to post... other than this graphic I forgot about.

It's the perfect size for a Twitter header and Facebook cover. (wink wink)

I sent it out on Twitter and I'm using it as my header after TSN BarDown and some Twitter account affiliated with the OHL franchise took notice.

10986919_765165833573906_825593341982670

Wow. Awesome job. A Ricky Bobby night would be nice. Your thread no obligation. Also. Ill take a t-shirt.

28ahpn4.jpg

The recent update is beautiful. I love the design of the wordmark and I am glad you found a good solution to the color problem

Thanks man. I kinda wanna make an orange alternate option but the orange overpowers everything else. So, I'm toying with that.

Archived