Flint Tropics Hockey - OHL

Dbroalexander

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dbroalexander i love your Flint Tropics OHL concept the jerseys i love the design because it looks so nice and impresses me and you did a great job on this concept including the logo love the design of the logo especially the palm tree below. I also love on how you design the logo its looks pretty nice getting into the whole tropical theme especially the colors and the name irrelevant yet creative and bold.

• 3 weeks later...

Flint Tropics will NEVER happen, thankfully! Those from the Flint area hate it, while outsiders love it, go-figure. This will be a serious OHL franchise and will have a more appropriate name. Rumors are that the Flint Firebirds is getting a lot of traction. That is not one of my favorites either.

Holland, MI via Traverse City via Flint, NI

Flint Tropics will NEVER happen, thankfully! Those from the Flint area hate it, while outsiders love it, go-figure. This will be a serious OHL franchise and will have a more appropriate name. Rumors are that the Flint Firebirds is getting a lot of traction. That is not one of my favorites either.

I wasn't looking for feedback on the name, as I went right ahead and designed an entire identity without once asking for name suggestions or feedback.

I don't see the point in trying to brand a CHL team as "serious". The players are basically kids who would probably love a name like Tropics. Besides, a bunch of them will probably get signed and play pros somewhere for a team with an even dumber name.

I know the name is goofy and not "serious" but someone else had mentioned in an earlier comment that the combo of a goofy name and serious/professional/corporate brand image works well.

Also Firebirds is a dumb name.

I do not need your permission to comment or give feedback! Also, Firebirds is a heck of a lot better than Tropics!

I wasn't looking for feedback on the name, as I went right ahead and designed an entire identity without once asking for name suggestions or feedback.

I don't see the point in trying to brand a CHL team as "serious". The players are basically kids who would probably love a name like Tropics. Besides, a bunch of them will probably get signed and play pros somewhere for a team with an even dumber name.

I know the name is goofy and not "serious" but someone else had mentioned in an earlier comment that the combo of a goofy name and serious/professional/corporate brand image works well.

Also Firebirds is a dumb name.

I do not need your permssion to commen tor give feedback! Firebirds is a heck of a lot better than Tropics!!!

Holland, MI via Traverse City via Flint, NI

• 1 year later...

The whole project is pretty cool or I mean hot (with some humidity) - great concepts!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived