The new AHL Pacific Pod Name Ideas

CLAW

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben are a well-established civic organization in Nebraska, and I believe they had an ownership stake in the team. The logo was great, and you all are terrible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Domain Name: SANJOSEBARRACUDAS.COM

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.

Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 2

Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

Referral URL: http://networksolutions.com

Name Server: NS87.WORLDNIC.COM

Name Server: NS88.WORLDNIC.COM

Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited

Updated Date: 23-jan-2015

Creation Date: 23-jan-2015

Expiration Date: 23-jan-2016

Could be parked by someone

Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited

So I went to the site just out of curiosity and it's a typical under construction site... Of note though under their related links header is NHL San Jose Sharks. Whether that means anything, I don't know but thought I would share it anyways.

For what it's worth too... it's the same registrar as who registered sjsharks.com a couple of years back.

All circumstantial to be sure, but pretty interesting. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they go with San Jose Barracudas. It would fit the ocean theme and the ferocious sea predator theme of the Sharks.

I personally feel Barracudas would be a terrible name, but it would indeed fit the aquatic predator theme. Perhaps a major sponsorship opportunity? Barricuda Networks are a sponsor/local company.

The dream name would still be Seals (which is a long-shot due to copyright issues), but I'd rather see Hammerheads, Jaws, Tiberones or some other shark theme before Barracudas.

Bay Area Barracudas sounds better....

How much you want to bet that played into it. I mean they won't be the San Jose Barracudas forever. They'll be moving before long either to SF, Oakland or Sac.

It's possible, but Sacramento wouldnt be "Bay Area" in my mind....

How much you want to bet that played into it. I mean they won't be the San Jose Barracudas forever. They'll be moving before long either to SF, Oakland or Sac.

Yeah, don't start that argument ...

Obviously not. They'd have to use a different moniker in Sac. But for SF or Oakland, "Bay Area" would work fine.

Bay-Area-Cudas

Meh. Still not the San Jos-A's. But close, I guess.

---

But seriously, I think Bay Area would be a horrible location name for a team. It's not anything with a hard and fast boundary like a state (Golden State), county (Orange County), city. It's just an area. A space. A general designation.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Bay-Area-Cudas

---

But seriously, I think Bay Area would be a horrible location name for a team. It's not anything with a hard and fast boundary like a state (Golden State), county (Orange County), city. It's just an area. A space. A general designation.

An amorphous blob with no hard and fast boundaries? Sounds like most fanbases.

Bay-Area-Cudas

---

An amorphous blob with no hard and fast boundaries? Sounds like most fanbases.
I've got it! The Bay Area Fanbases!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Bay-Area-Cudas

---

Kinda like Tampa Bay?

cyberrays-full-ticket-1_zpsiulta9vz.jpg

Let's learn from our mistakes here, shall we?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived