The new AHL Pacific Pod Name Ideas

CLAW

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Head-on look. Hope this is on the shoulders.

Screenshot_2015-05-28-15-26-11-1_zpspzui

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

-The Gulls logo is awesome. It's a perfect update of the original.

-Bakersfield is an inferior recolor of the old one.

-Ontario is a lame ripoff of a logo that should be left in the past.

-Stockton is pretty lousy, that flame absolutely sucks.

-San Jose is just plain terrible.

Now that everything for next year has been unveiled, I'll add the Moose and IceCaps to the "inferior recolor of the old logo" category.

Also, that Gulls mark is pretty sweet.

Yeah, I think I'm definitely picking up a hat, and if that's on the shoulder and if the jersey is similar to mockups I've seen, then the jersey is already sold.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If it's not the shoulder, they're nuts.

I don't think a team has had a nuts secondary before.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As soon as I find a cap with that on it that fits my fat head I'm sold. That and if the jersey has that on the shoulders, they'll sell it to me quicker than they already were going to. The Gulls whole package so far has been a great addition to the AHL. Easily the best of the new bunch. And I say that not just as a fan, but critiquing them honestly.

I mean on the primary there could be a little improvement, namely the spacing on the L's and the bird still isn't perfect (a bit eagle). But overall, great update to the original much more angular ECHL logo.

As soon as I find a cap with that on it that fits my fat head I'm sold.

Bruce Bochy reveals his identity.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

New look for the Texas Stars aligns them with Dallas

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What's weird is that they changed to what they currently have the same year that Dallas changed. Why didn't they just change to this then?

I believe at the time the Texas Stars weren't owned by the same owner as the Dallas Stars so perhaps the previous owner was already too far in the logo change and ordering process to redo it to keep up with their affiliate.

The Gulls have a better identity/package than some most NHL teams.

Not that I disagree with you (though I'd withhold final judgement until we see the jerseys), but do you have any examples of inferior NHL logo sets?

What's weird is that they changed to what they currently have the same year that Dallas changed. Why didn't they just change to this then?

I believe at the time the Texas Stars weren't owned by the same owner as the Dallas Stars so perhaps the previous owner was already too far in the logo change and ordering process to redo it to keep up with their affiliate.

*ding ding ding* we have a winner. Dallas owner Tom Gaglardi took over control of the Texas Stars just prior to the last season.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 2 weeks later...

The Condors logo definitely feels less cluttered without the roundel behind it and given that theirs is the one logo in the Pacific that doesn't thematically tie into their parent club I'll give them a pass on the color change as necessary for cohesion. Do wish they had kept Bakersfield in the logo somewhere though.

Isn't changing your entire color scheme to match the parent club "thematically tied?"

Also, the Gulls logo is debatable tied to the Ducks as the bird silhouette could easily just be a Gull rather than an on-the-nose Duck.

The Condors logo definitely feels less cluttered without the roundel behind it and given that theirs is the one logo in the Pacific that doesn't thematically tie into their parent club I'll give them a pass on the color change as necessary for cohesion. Do wish they had kept Bakersfield in the logo somewhere though.

Isn't changing your entire color scheme to match the parent club "thematically tied?"

Also, the Gulls logo is debatable tied to the Ducks as the bird silhouette could easily just be a Gull rather than an on-the-nose Duck.

Not really. Condors don't really have anything to do with oil. And I don't think anyone is suggesting the bird silhouette is anything but a gull. The Gulls logo is tied to the Ducks in that they're both water birds.

The Condors used to be unique and aweseome, now, these:

Ugh, parent-club templates. Using NHL template colors with the triangle collars are bad when there's nothing in the triangle. And the secondary mark doesn't really make sense. You can't clutch onto an oil drop like that...

10390067_10153439467928633_4628493614681

11008631_10153439693103633_5453973744322

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived