The new AHL Pacific Pod Name Ideas

CLAW

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The negative space gull between the L and S is absolutely delightful. Well done.

That almost makes up for the terrible outline blurring effect between the U and L.

Eh, a black space there would have been nice but compared to the original version this a big upgrade.

These are the five finalists for Calgary's AHL team in Stockton (RIP Thunder). None of them are plural and none of them are great:

• Stockton Blaze
  • Stockton Fire
  • Stockton Heat
  • Stockton Inferno
  • Stockton Scorch
I could live with Stockton Scorch (I'm a sucker for alliteration) or Stockton Blaze, I guess. But Fire/Heat/Inferno, blah.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

God, those are all terrible. I guess I'd go for Scorch, too, for the alliteration. Also, because Heat and Fire are already major league sports team names (and I wouldn't be surprised if Inferno and Blaze were in use in the minors somewhere).

These are the five finalists for Calgary's AHL team in Stockton (RIP Thunder). None of them are plural and none of them are great:

• Stockton Blaze
  • Stockton Fire
  • Stockton Heat
  • Stockton Inferno
  • Stockton Scorch
I could live with Stockton Scorch (I'm a sucker for alliteration) or Stockton Blaze, I guess. But Fire/Heat/Inferno, blah.

There's already a Blaze team in the Central Valley in the form of the Bakersfield Blaze, so I'd throw that one out. None are particularly good but I'd probably just go with Heat and call it a day.

They'll go with Heat, so they can recycle the old Abbotsford jerseys

Except the Abbotsford jerseys said Abbotsford on them.

But yeah, it's a non-starter that the Flames are going to repackage old jerseys lol.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'd love to see those jerseys in action; on "paper", they're magnificent.

Edit: Didn't even notice they seem to use the old Wild number set. YES YES YES YES YES. :love:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Why do the Stockton Thunder have to change their name? Those were some dynamite logos and jerseys

wft3292bb6pzjbgdhut8wnh0o.gif

They were better than anything the Lightning have ever worn.

Because they've already announced they're taking the name to Adirondack.

564690572016.gif

They'll go with Heat, so they can recycle the old Abbotsford jerseys

Except the Abbotsford jerseys said Abbotsford on them.

But yeah, it's a non-starter that the Flames are going to repackage old jerseys lol.

Nothing a sharpie can't fix.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Why do the Stockton Thunder have to change their name? Those were some dynamite logos and jerseys

wft3292bb6pzjbgdhut8wnh0o.gif

They were better than anything the Lightning have ever worn.

Because they've already announced they're taking the name to Adirondack.

564690572016.gif

Well that's good then. I don't care where they play as long as that solid identity sticks around.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Stockton Blaze

Music-Snoop-Dogg.JPEG-00bd9-224x300.jpg

Bonus points for the jersey?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Bakersfield has announced their AHL name for next season.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well, they already have a Women's team (CWHL) here in Calgary, owned by the Flames, called the Calgary Inferno. I don't think they would want another team with the same name.

http://www.cwhl.ca/view/cwhlalberta

inferno325.jpg

Do they seriously have to use that goddamn flame plume on everything?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived