2016 World Cup of Hockey

spartacat_12

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Brendan said:

If this isn't the Olympic's why is Canada not using their standard logo?

Do you mean the Hockey Canada ™ logo?

The World Cup isn't an officially sanctioned IIHF event. This is an NHL/NHLPA event. 

That's why every team in this summer's tournament has a custom logo, and they are not using their country's hockey federation / IIHF logo.

9 minutes ago, bigred5050 said:

Do you mean the Hockey Canada ™ logo?

The World Cup isn't an officially sanctioned IIHF event. This is an NHL/NHLPA event. 

That's why every team in this summer's tournament has a custom logo, and they are not using their country's hockey federation / IIHF logo.

Well that argument doesn't really work though because the Olympics IS a IIHF sectioned tournament but the IOC does not want federation logos used in their team tournaments. Hence why we don't see Brazil's soccer logo on their jerseys during the Olympics or any other ones for that matter. Some countries use their coat of arms as their logo such as Czech Republic, Slovakia and Russia. I don't think the IIHF has control over federation logos, it could be that those respective federations have chosen to not allow their logos to be used. Not to say that you are wrong, just another side of it...

Of course though the most likely reason is that its another excuse to make money off of the tournament because jersey crazy people like us will probably go out and fork over silly amounts of money for this stuff with new logos.

1 hour ago, taantumus said:

Looks like we will see the Adidas stripes on the jersey on the sides (Can slightly see them on Russia). As well, it looks like it is a Reebok Edge style jersey, possibly a stadium series cut, with a different style of collar.

Just now, kiwi_canadian said:

Looks like we will see the Adidas stripes on the jersey on the sides (Can slightly see them on Russia). As well, it looks like it is a Reebok Edge style jersey, possibly a stadium series cut, with a different style of collar.

The Team Russia jersey look very similar to the Minnesota Wild's Stadium Series jersey (sans collar and Adidas strips).

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

It looks like the same design team behind the recent All-Star jersey is at play here - simple, clean, broad lines/cuts. I like the Czech's simplified/retro crest - the full coat of arms always seems too cluttered to me. Not liking the WCH on the collar, it cheapens the whole look. They  should have either left it blank, or used the NHL logo, since this is their tournament. Somewhat surprised that there's no Adidas shoulder logo, but the triple stripes which are no doubt down the side of every jersey will likely provide enough marketing/branding presence.

Just having the three stripes down the sides isn't that bad. No worse than the gigantic shoulder swooshes of '96.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

27 minutes ago, vman said:

It looks like the same design team behind the recent All-Star jersey is at play here - simple, clean, broad lines/cuts. I like the Czech's simplified/retro crest - the full coat of arms always seems too cluttered to me. Not liking the WCH on the collar, it cheapens the whole look. They  should have either left it blank, or used the NHL logo, since this is their tournament. Somewhat surprised that there's no Adidas shoulder logo, but the triple stripes which are no doubt down the side of every jersey will likely provide enough marketing/branding presence.

The Adidas logo is probably in the same placement as the Reebok mark on NHL jerseys (under the back of the collar).

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

I don't particularly hate the North American U23 jerseys and logo, but it all has a very "Evil Corporation" vibe for me.

Also, the Team Europe jerseys are nothing short of horrible. I'd be embarrassed to represent my country wearing this.

eurowc_zpscsh2tqbu.jpg

20 minutes ago, vman said:

I don't particularly hate the North American U23 jerseys and logo, but it all has a very "Evil Corporation" vibe for me.

Also, the Team Europe jerseys are nothing short of horrible. I'd be embarrassed to represent my country wearing this.

eurowc_zpscsh2tqbu.jpg

Woof. It looks like something Two-Face would wear playing hockey.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived