2016 World Cup of Hockey

spartacat_12

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, vman said:

I don't particularly hate the North American U23 jerseys and logo, but it all has a very "Evil Corporation" vibe for me.

Also, the Team Europe jerseys are nothing short of horrible. I'd be embarrassed to represent my country wearing this.

eurowc_zpscsh2tqbu.jpg

71321789ade7fbf076ef8268ed566b40cd2e4b1a

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

when is adidas taking over the nhl unis?

Technically, they're already in charge. Adidas bought Reebok a while ago, and will start putting it's logo on the jerseys in 2017-2018.

38 minutes ago, vman said:

I don't particularly hate the North American U23 jerseys and logo, but it all has a very "Evil Corporation" vibe for me.

Also, the Team Europe jerseys are nothing short of horrible. I'd be embarrassed to represent my country wearing this.

eurowc_zpscsh2tqbu.jpg

It's look like generic thing from one of the NHL video games.

4r2eer.png

45 minutes ago, vman said:

eurowc_zpscsh2tqbu.jpg

image.gif.610612c5f42a19a554cb20f6f27806

spacer.png

Damn, that's hot. Love the embroidered details in the crowns. Looking forward to the post-tourney clearance sales.

Also: STRAIGHT HEMS.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Damn, that's hot. Love the embroidered details in the crowns. Looking forward to the post-tourney clearance sales.

Also: STRAIGHT HEMS.

Don't be so sure. On each of the 360° videos, it sort of looks like the tail is tucked under to make it look straight. Note the odd curves on the Swedish and NA-23 hem stripes.

Won't know for sure until we see some clear photos on jerseys on players, but I think we're stuck with the round hems.

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Canada and US Hockey are sponsored by Nike.

Every hockey nation in the top division of the World Champs is sponsored by Nike, not just Canada and the US. Nike is a sponsor of the IIHF for all on ice jerseys as well as off ice gear. Hence why those countries, Olympics included, get Nike jerseys. The template is kept the same in the lower divisions but with Tackla brand.

As this is not a IIHF tournament, then they are free to go with whoever they want for a jersey maker and since this is a NHL/NHLPA event, it would make sense it is Adidas.

1 hour ago, vman said:

eurowc_zpscsh2tqbu.jpg

Europe isn't a country.

Archived