2016 World Cup of Hockey

spartacat_12

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Not the players on Team Europe.

Yes, that's precisely what they're doing. They're representing the nations the NHL deemed not marketable/good enough to have their own teams. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, vman said:

Yes, that's precisely what they're doing. They're representing the nations the NHL deemed not marketable/good enough to have their own teams. 

Not really. It's just a collection of players who are from countries that can't field a team for any number of reasons. There's nothing indicating what nation the players will hail from.

Look, Team Europe's sweater is terrible. Europe, however, isn't a country. Own the mistake man. Own the mistake.

13 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not really. It's just a collection of players who are from countries that can't field a team for any number of reasons. There's nothing indicating what nation the players will hail from.

Look, Team Europe's sweater is terrible. Europe, however, isn't a country. Own the mistake man. Own the mistake.

LOL. Usually the person in the wrong owns up to a mistake (that would be you), and I at no point said anything remotely close to calling Europe a country. I'll also bet that their individual country flags will be shoulder patches on the shoulder not occupied by the WCH logo.

7 minutes ago, MEANS said:

I worked on the following:

Canada crest, numbers and alpha font.

North America crest, secondary logo, numbers and alpha font.

Finland "Suomi" mark.

Good stuff MEANS.

I'm curious...is the new Canadian logo JUST for this tourny?...or will it stay as a logo for Hockey Canada?

What was the process like? How many on the creative "team"?

Did the represented nations have a lot of input into their designs?

21 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea to have each player's national flag on the uni (shoulder) somewhere.

I'd like to be able to see where they're from.

5 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Good stuff MEANS.

I'm curious...is the new Canadian logo JUST for this tourny?...or will it stay as a logo for Hockey Canada?

What was the process like? How many on the creative "team"?

Did the represented nations have a lot of input into their designs?

Thanks

-think it's just for this tourney

-very short time frame for a project of this magnitude (4 moths, 8 teams)

-5 identity designers, 4 uniform designers

-yes

1 minute ago, vman said:

Usually the person in the wrong owns up to a mistake (that would be you)

I didn't make one, but sure.

1 minute ago, vman said:

and I at no point said anything remotely close to calling Europe a country

Well...

1 hour ago, vman said:

Also, the Team Europe jerseys are nothing short of horrible. I'd be embarrassed to represent my country wearing this.

"Europe." "Represent my country."

Anyway I'm moving on.

9 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I didn't make one, but sure.

Well...

"Europe." "Represent my country."

Anyway I'm moving on.

Thank you for proving my point. I see reading comprehension is not your strong point. Let's just agree you're wrong and call it a day :)

In other news, US is bland and boring

usawc_zpsgakcbykv.jpg

USA's on the underwhelming side.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 hours ago, MEANS said:

Thanks

-think it's just for this tourney

-very short time frame for a project of this magnitude (4 moths, 8 teams)

-5 identity designers, 4 uniform designers

-yes

I hope you don't mind the questions, and I appreciate the feedback.

I find this stuff really interesting.

Did your group have to get "sign-off" from the various hockey organizations for the final look?

( I remember Nike and Sweden having a bit of a battle over the Swedish unis prior to Sochi)

Someone mentioned the straight hems.

Will they be straight or will they keep the current rounded lines?

Will Canada wear white gloves with those sweaters? (That'd look cool)

And also...that NA logo is going to look pretty nice embroidered on a cap.

These jerseys are like the new Soldier Field, where it looks like a spaceship landed in the middle of a classic stadium. You have all of these bold, simple, clean shapes... then you have the three stripes that will blend together more than 10 feet away.

I like all of the single-country jerseys. The U23 North America is my least favorite; it's amazing how they could take a good color scheme with such great contrast and make it look so muddy.

Archived