Ask A Moderator

42 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Wow, this is really bad.

Like yesterday at this time....so mods maybe somebody should be on duty 4-8am (est) till this passes, also if you look at the profile set up it’s obvious there spam bots. How do these accounts get approved? Just asking, trying to be part of the solution rather part of the problem here.

5 hours ago, lilben777 said:

Like yesterday at this time....so mods maybe somebody should be on duty 4-8am (est) till this passes, also if you look at the profile set up it’s obvious there spam bots. How do these accounts get approved? Just asking, trying to be part of the solution rather part of the problem here.

What a crap shift that would be. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lilben777 said:

29 minutes ago, DDR said:

What a crap shift that would be. 

Yeah, these are volunteer positions...thats not the most logical solution.

1 hour ago, NoE38 said:

I no longer can toggle the notification settings, Is this a result of the spambots or something else?

Came here to ask just that. I auto-follow topics I comment in to keep track, but because of it I’ve been getting tons of emails today about comments in topics I follow. 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey moderators...didn't see this question anywhere, so I am asking here.  I think I saw the "unofficial" tweet from Colorwerx that there might be some synergy between this fine site and his color scheme for graphics.  So if we go visit a graphic on this site to look it up (say, from the Arizona Cardinals), how do we know if it is color optimized or not?  Is there a tagline somewhere?  Secondly, I was wondering if there was some effort to standardize the sizes of the graphics (like 1000 px width or height, for example).  I thought all of his graphics were a standard size?  Maybe I am way off base, or got my information wrong, or did I?   I guess I am asking because it looks like the graphics on this site are widely varying is size.  Thx in advance for the answer

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 4 weeks later...

There has to be a way for a logical auto-posting of stories from the Mothership. Right now there are two posts in Sports Logos regarding the Sharks new jersey. There is one for the leak and one for the reveal. I realize why there are 2 but having them separate divides the discussion (not to mention that talk is also happening in the NHL 2018-19 thread). Is there a way to not post every logo story to the boards or a way to auto-merge similar topics?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2018 at 10:40 AM, LMU said:

See Item 18 of the FAQ.

I just came across this answer, and read Item 18.

I own or control several corporations.  If you ever want your username changed here, PM me.  I'll lodge a formal complaint on behalf of one of them.  Item 18 doesn't specify what objection my corporation may have to a name or that I have to have a trademark associated with your user name; only that a corporation lodge a complaint.

I like loopholes, damnit...   :D

• Like 1

nav-logo.png

On 11/8/2018 at 8:07 PM, steve61 said:

I've asked before but still no answer so I'll throw it out there again.  Any chance of seeing the Canadian Premier League logos on the main board?  If not is there some copyright reason?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the lack of replies previously.

What goes on the Mothership (the main CCSLC site) has nothing to do with moderation. As moderators we are simply charged with, well, moderating the message board. Uploading logos to the main site is something Chris himself oversees. 9 times out of 10? The lack of uploads is due to simply not having enough people to give the project priority. I would recommend reaching out to Chris himself and letting him know it's something you want to see. Offer your services even, if it's something you think you'd like to work on.

9 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Sorry for the lack of replies previously.

What goes on the Mothership (the main CCSLC site) has nothing to do with moderation. As moderators we are simply charged with, well, moderating the message board. Uploading logos to the main site is something Chris himself oversees. 9 times out of 10? The lack of uploads is due to simply not having enough people to give the project priority. I would recommend reaching out to Chris himself and letting him know it's something you want to see. Offer your services even, if it's something you think you'd like to work on.

I'll give that a shot.  Thanks

zzPEfBm.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.