Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, LMU said:

FYI - the Wrestling Crush thread was removed.  It was heading in the direction of the Babe of the Week thread.

why was the Babe of the Week thread ended up getting removed anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, goalieboy82 said:

why was the Babe of the Week thread ended up getting removed anyway.  

Google started pulling ads due to sexual content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LMU said:

Google started pulling ads due to sexual content.

i figure it was something like that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yo, mods! I think we should have a new forum...a "brainstorming" forum where people can throw out ideas and find like-minded collaborators. It would be basically like a precursor to the concepts forum, with a tiny bit of the requests forum thrown in. What say you? Or is there already a forum similar to what I've described?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yo, mods! I think we should have a new forum...a "brainstorming" forum where people can throw out ideas and find like-minded collaborators. It would be basically like a precursor to the concepts forum, with a tiny bit of the requests forum thrown in. What say you? Or is there already a forum similar to what I've described?

 

Concept Thread Think Tank

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess anyone can answer this, not necessarily a mod, but how do we upload gifs as avatars?

 

Also, would the Wrestling Crush and/or Babe of the Week thread be problematic if posters didn’t include images or videos? Just curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious, what was the motivation behind adding an appeals system for banned users?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm curious, what was the motivation behind adding an appeals system for banned users?

A little while back, the moderating team adopted a new voting system for forum punishments that introduced the ability to give longer suspensions than before in an attempt to avoid having to quickly escalate to a full ban. There’s a thought that certain members would’ve simply seen a long suspension, rather than a ban, had the current system been in place. (We believe this to be the case with Will, for instance.)

 

I think there’s also a realization that (a) people change and maybe shouldn’t have actions from multiple years ago held against them and (b) we probably make mistakes as moderators such that, a couple years later, we can maybe realize that we got it wrong.

 

That’s my personal take on it all, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed many of the sites I visit have updated their Privacy Policy and/or Terms of Service to be GDPR compliant in accordance with the EU GDPR regulation even as I'm not contacting these sites from the EU.

 

Then I realized that I never recall this board telling me that there was any Privacy Policy update. I looked at the current policy and really seemed very succinct compared to other message board policies, if not lacking.

 

Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback/comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed many of the sites I visit have updated their Privacy Policy and/or Terms of Service to be GDPR compliant in accordance with the EU GDPR regulation even as I'm not contacting these sites from the EU.

 

Then I realized that I never recall this board telling me that there was any Privacy Policy update. I looked at the current policy and really seemed very succinct compared to other message board policies, if not lacking.

 

Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback/comments.

The latest board update took care of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Brandiose ever actually read this forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure if this is the place to do this, but does anyone use a good free program similar to Illustrator? I’m not going to be able to continue using Illustrator past this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hkynik_55 said:

I’m not sure if this is the place to do this, but does anyone use a good free program similar to Illustrator? I’m not going to be able to continue using Illustrator past this week.

If you are looking for a free vector-based program, then Inkscape is likely your best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else having issues with liking posts? If I just click once, the like doesn't go through - I'm having to double click (and keep a brief pause in between the two clicks) in order for a like to go through. It's very strange. Has been happening the past few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Is anyone else having issues with liking posts? If I just click once, the like doesn't go through - I'm having to double click (and keep a brief pause in between the two clicks) in order for a like to go through. It's very strange. Has been happening the past few days.

I'm guessing this is related to "____liked" reverting back to "_____reacted to" when we had Buzzfeed reactions to choose from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaz said:

I'm guessing this is related to "____liked" reverting back to "_____reacted to" when we had Buzzfeed reactions to choose from.

But it does seem a little pointless since we can still only like posts (not saying that’s a bad thing, but if they’re going to change the button and the syntax, might as well give us the options). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I'm guessing this is related to "____liked" reverting back to "_____reacted to" when we had Buzzfeed reactions to choose from.

 

Makes sense. It does seem like the interface is wanting me to choose a "reaction" option after I click the first time, but not giving me anything to choose from.

 

(So the board software is now a vague metaphor for life. Great.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kroywen said:

 

Makes sense. It does seem like the interface is wanting me to choose a "reaction" option after I click the first time, but not giving me anything to choose from.

 

(So the board software is now a vague metaphor for life. Great.)

We purposely removed the different reactions since we didn’t want to have bruised egos running amok. I’m assuming the most recent board update is still treating likes as one of several reaction options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites