Can anyone explain how the "Leaderboard" likes get added up? I've had some days with many likes that never seem to crack the list. It's one of those "I don't really care, but I wanna know" situations because looking through the lists it seems like the same people are on there constantly with similar totals as if they just like each others' stuff over and over.

9 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Can anyone explain how the "Leaderboard" likes get added up?

It just calculates totals, and it rolls over. So the "Month" leader board is, for example, based on the number of likes from that day going back a month. So sometimes you see the boards change radically.

8 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

It just calculates totals, and it rolls over. So the "Month" leader board is, for example, based on the number of likes from that day going back a month. So sometimes you see the boards change radically.

That's odd, because by my count I've had 85 likes, in my most recent concept thread, just since 9/4/19. And the top of the "Popular Content" area is 25 since 8/19/19.

19 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

That's odd, because by my count I've had 85 likes, in my most recent concept thread, just since 9/4/19. And the top of the "Popular Content" area is 25 since 8/19/19.

That’s per post, not thread

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

That’s per post, not thread

If that is the case then I have 28 on one post in the same time period. And the top of the "Popular Content" area is 25 since 8/19/19.

6 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

The popular content area? I'm just going off the leader board.

As for your other concerns? I'm 100% positive there's no conspiracy to keep you off a liked post leaderboard. 

16 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The popular content area? I'm just going off the leader board.

As for your other concerns? I'm 100% positive there's no conspiracy to keep you off a liked post leaderboard. 

Take about 30% off there Ice_Cap.

No one is talking conspiracy. Just trying to navigate the mystery that is likes calculation. Don't come at me all snarky just because no one seems to be able to answer how this calculation occurs.

In order to reach the popular content section one does have to select the leaderboard tab that is at the top of the board betwixt the activity and calendar tabs.

4 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Don't come at me all snarky just because no one seems to be able to answer how this calculation occurs.

I was chosen as a mod because it was believed I could do a good job ensuring that we as a community stayed at the standards Chris and others have set. I think I've done a pretty good job on that front.

I am not, however, an expert in Invision forum technology. That's never been my "job" here. So no, I don't know how the calculation occurs, but your tone here has been kind of accusatory and that's what I'm responding to.

6 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

If that is the case then I have 28 on one post in the same time period. And the top of the "Popular Content" area is 25 since 8/19/19.

So I found what you're referring to. When you click the "show more" button at the bottom of the bottom of the leader board. Thing is that list is flawed. I just clicked it and it says that the most popular post since 31 August 2009 is one by Pengin on 6 April 2018, with 52 likes. And the second most popular one is the one by jmatt116 on 4 August 2017 with 38 likes.

HNFt2gY.png

And yet a post I made on 14 September 2019 has 52 likes.

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/120403-rumor-buccaneers-to-get-new-uniforms/?do=findComment&comment=3033235

That should be up there with Pengin's post but it isn't so 🤷‍♂️I donno. The only explanation I can give is that the expanded "most liked content" list is flawed. Again, I'm not the most tech-savvy in such matters but I would think ignoring the "show more button" and going off of the leader board is probably more accurate, though I can't say for certain.

YsU8BWe.png

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I was chosen as a mod because it was believed I could do a good job ensuring that we as a community stayed at the standards Chris and others have set. I think I've done a pretty good job on that front.

I am not, however, an expert in Invision forum technology. That's never been my "job" here. So no, I don't know how the calculation occurs, but your tone here has been kind of accusatory and that's what I'm responding to.

So I found what you're referring to. When you click the "show more" button at the bottom of the bottom of the leader board. Thing is that list is flawed. I just clicked it and it says that the most popular post since 31 August 2009 is one by Pengin on 6 April 2018, with 52 likes. And the second most popular one is the one by jmatt116 on 4 August 2017 with 38 likes.

HNFt2gY.png

And yet a post I made on 14 September 2019 has 52 likes.

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/120403-rumor-buccaneers-to-get-new-uniforms/?do=findComment&comment=3033235

That should be up there with Pengin's post but it isn't so 🤷‍♂️I donno. The only explanation I can give is that the expanded "most liked content" list is flawed. Again, I'm not the most tech-savvy in such matters but I would think ignoring the "show more button" and going off of the leader board is probably more accurate, though I can't say for certain.

YsU8BWe.png

I can see where it may have seemed accusatory, but it was just "confused-atory." I just thought that something was off in the calculations.

Thank you for looking past the tone of the posts and digging into it and finding an answer. Now I know that there IS something off in the calculations.

Never tried to devalue your title. You and the other mods do a good job.

2 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

I can see where it may have seemed accusatory, but it was just "confused-atory." I just thought that something was off in the calculations.

Thank you for looking past the tone of the posts and digging into it and finding an answer. Now I know that there IS something off in the calculations.

Never tried to devalue your title. You and the other mods do a good job.

It's all cool. My frustration just came from people assuming mods know forum software. We often don't. We know how to use it for various things, but how it works? That's best left up to Administration.

I'm glad I could help 🙂

4 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Take about 30% off there Ice_Cap.

No one is talking conspiracy. Just trying to navigate the mystery that is likes calculation. Don't come at me all snarky just because no one seems to be able to answer how this calculation occurs.

In order to reach the popular content section one does have to select the leaderboard tab that is at the top of the board betwixt the activity and calendar tabs.

You can look up the daily numbers too. That’s probably where you’ll find what you’re looking for. Try this...https://boards.sportslogos.net/pastleaders/