Ask A Moderator

Exactly. We're mods because Chris trusts us to moderate community behaviour. We're not IT/computer science people. We understand it just enough to do our jobs (editing or deleting offending posts, warning points, etc...) but if something is fundamentally broken? It's up to forum Admins or the people at InVision to fix.

Any chance we can turn the leaderboard off?

I think we all agree it's kind of silly. We'd also agree it's kind of fun in a way too. But I don't think it's at all useful. And I've seen people say "my post got more likes than yours" which makes me want to die.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

And I've seen people say "my post got more likes than yours" which makes me want to die.

I think it can be fun, in a tongue in cheek way. Like how @Red Wolf and @SFGiants58 were comparing likes to see which of their disparate views on 49ers uniforms was more popular. But yeah. Anyone legitimately going "I got more likes than you!" is pretty dumb.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Any chance we can turn the leaderboard off?

I think we all agree it's kind of silly. We'd also agree it's kind of fun in a way too. But I don't think it's at all useful. And I've seen people say "my post got more likes than yours" which makes me want to die.

You got my vote. 

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

Does anyone care about it?  It's about as meaningless a stat as wins or saves in baseball.

do think there should be an up/down system.  The 'like' has definitely cut down on silly "yes I agree" posts, but there's no way to express a disagreement without wasting a post.  It'd be fun to see people get ratioed too.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Does anyone care about it?  It's about as meaningless a stat as wins or saves in baseball.

do think there should be an up/down system.  The 'like' has definitely cut down on silly "yes I agree" posts, but there's no way to express a disagreement without wasting a post.  It'd be fun to see people get ratioed too.

Would be interesting for sure. If people used it correctly. 

That said, you're likely to run into people who will just start "downing" (is that the right word? you know what I mean) everything that someone they don't like says. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

15 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Would be interesting for sure. If people used it correctly. 

That said, you're likely to run into people who will just start "downing" (is that the right word? you know what I mean) everything that someone they don't like says. 

You say that like some people don’t deserve to have everything the post down voted. I kid

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, johnnysama said:

- How did this get into the Sports Logos News page? Please move it to the Sports Logos General Discussions Page.

It was started before the Sports Logos section was split into News and General Discussion, and may have been passed over in the split since it hadn't been responded to in a year and a half before you did yesterday. 

Anyway, it has been moved.

Getting back to suggestions made in previous post, have the mods / CC recently discussed adding a downvote to go along with the existing upvote?  At first I thought the upvote thing was pretty silly, but now that I browse almost exclusively via mobile, I find it an extremely convenient way to express agreement.  I think the downvote would be similar, and I don't think it'd be abused or taken seriously enough to cause problems.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Getting back to suggestions made in previous post, have the mods / CC recently discussed adding a downvote to go along with the existing upvote?  At first I thought the upvote thing was pretty silly, but now that I browse almost exclusively via mobile, I find it an extremely convenient way to express agreement.  I think the downvote would be similar, and I don't think it'd be abused or taken seriously enough to cause problems.

The ego bruising that would result would make that pretty hairy, as good of an idea as it is.

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

4 minutes ago, LMU said:

The ego bruising that would result would make that pretty hairy, as good of an idea as it is.

That's certainly a possibility, but until it's implemented, it's just speculation.  Maybe a trial?

"dude, you're wrong and an idiot" bruises more egos than a number next to a thumbs-down icon.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's certainly a possibility, but until it's implemented, it's just speculation.  Maybe a trial?

"dude, you're wrong and an idiot" bruises more egos than a number next to a thumbs-down icon.

Technically, we aren't supposed to call people idiots in the first place. That aside, my opinion is that a down vote or dislike button is a bad idea. We've both been here long enough to know how it would turn out. 

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

11 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Technically, we aren't supposed to call people idiots in the first place. That aside, my opinion is that a down vote or dislike button is a bad idea. We've both been here long enough to know how it would turn out. 

Agreed.

If you feel strong enough to disagree with a post then you will. If you don't, then it's simply not worth any effort. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 2 months later...

Hey mods! Quick question - My men's league team is looking to add a sublimated third jersey to our home and road's and I was thinking of holding a design contest where the winner would get a jersey based on their design. Is that within the rules? And if so, would I just post about it in the Concept forum?

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kolbe said:

Hey mods! Quick question - My men's league team is looking to add a sublimated third jersey to our home and road's and I was thinking of holding a design contest where the winner would get a jersey based on their design. Is that within the rules? And if so, would I just post about it in the Concept forum?

Thanks for your help!

That would go in the Requests forum, which is restricted to members with 100+ posts in order to prevent spamming. However, if anyone sees this and wants to help out, they can PM you directly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 9:06 PM, tjs11 said:

if you are banned, are you able to still view the forums and just not log in/post? i'd imagine so but curious

That’s an interesting question. Would you be looking at the forum like someone who isn’t registered here would? 

Just curious, but what determines when a topic is marked as "hot"? I'm assuming it's a certain amount of posts within a given timeframe but just wondering what that is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.