At the end of the day, it’s an algorithm issue within the board software that we as mods have no control over. The issue is with Invision and we have no control over it. 

Exactly. We're mods because Chris trusts us to moderate community behaviour. We're not IT/computer science people. We understand it just enough to do our jobs (editing or deleting offending posts, warning points, etc...) but if something is fundamentally broken? It's up to forum Admins or the people at InVision to fix.

Any chance we can turn the leaderboard off?

I think we all agree it's kind of silly. We'd also agree it's kind of fun in a way too. But I don't think it's at all useful. And I've seen people say "my post got more likes than yours" which makes me want to die.

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

And I've seen people say "my post got more likes than yours" which makes me want to die.

I think it can be fun, in a tongue in cheek way. Like how @Red Wolf and @SFGiants58 were comparing likes to see which of their disparate views on 49ers uniforms was more popular. But yeah. Anyone legitimately going "I got more likes than you!" is pretty dumb.

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Any chance we can turn the leaderboard off?

I think we all agree it's kind of silly. We'd also agree it's kind of fun in a way too. But I don't think it's at all useful. And I've seen people say "my post got more likes than yours" which makes me want to die.

You got my vote. 

Does anyone care about it?  It's about as meaningless a stat as wins or saves in baseball.

do think there should be an up/down system.  The 'like' has definitely cut down on silly "yes I agree" posts, but there's no way to express a disagreement without wasting a post.  It'd be fun to see people get ratioed too.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Does anyone care about it?  It's about as meaningless a stat as wins or saves in baseball.

do think there should be an up/down system.  The 'like' has definitely cut down on silly "yes I agree" posts, but there's no way to express a disagreement without wasting a post.  It'd be fun to see people get ratioed too.

Would be interesting for sure. If people used it correctly. 

That said, you're likely to run into people who will just start "downing" (is that the right word? you know what I mean) everything that someone they don't like says. 

15 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Would be interesting for sure. If people used it correctly. 

That said, you're likely to run into people who will just start "downing" (is that the right word? you know what I mean) everything that someone they don't like says. 

You say that like some people don’t deserve to have everything the post down voted. I kid